Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I got 20 duplicates out of 52 rares/mythics from my packs. That seems like a lot?

I'm not complaining, I got a lot of duplicates of cards I wanted. It just seemed strange to open so few packs but keep seeing the same rares/mythics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Yeah same issue. I don't have any quests.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Seems we just wait re: missing/broken quests

https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/60220

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

Is draft open yet for Eldraine, either traditional or ranked? Want to spend my gold/gems on drafts because I haven't played competitive limited in forever.

Normally Bo3 draft (gems only) is available at launch and Bo1 ranked (gems or gold) becomes available 2 weeks after release.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Huxley posted:

Normally Bo3 draft (gems only) is available at launch and Bo1 ranked (gems or gold) becomes available 2 weeks after release.

Only Sealed is available at launch, Bo3 draft comes in 4 days. It's the usual impatient Limited player tax to drain 'em of gems.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kanfy posted:

Only Sealed is available at launch, Bo3 draft comes in 4 days. It's the usual impatient Limited player tax to drain 'em of gems.

Ah, I'd never bothered with 1500 drafts when 2000 sealed was available and just assumed they both were up at launch.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
They upped the size of the zoomed in cards on the collection screen noticeably. Low key improvement.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Trad Draft has a much better breakeven point if you have a 65%+ winrate I think.

Speaking from the high 30s I just make peace with throwing gems away

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Re: the earlier Settle discussion, I was playing 1 Time Wipe 1 Settle in scapeshift. People forgot that it existed in the format and swung into it a lot.

Didn't see much Gruul hexproof at that point, and the Teferi matchups weren't the ones you wanted sweepers for anyway.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
1 game in and it feels like I got a super strong sealed pool:

BG food+adventure package seems kind of obscene, especially against faster decks. I made about 10 food tokens just from ETB + the Skewer that game. Also, I feel like the Skewer has been somewhat underestimated in previews, simply because its real drawback is it's expensive for a +2/+1 which sets you behind on tempo, but black has the removal to survive tempo-loss and definitely the food to survive aggro even so. And it's great for value and enabling attacks in slower games.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

quote:

POST-MATCH SURVEY
Players may occasionally receive the option to complete a short post-match survey allowing you to provide feedback about you the match you just played.
Big lols

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh I opened an Oko, a Fae of Wishes, and a Great Henge with my Renewal Rewards. Off to a good start

Edit: wow I didn't know that the 12-0 event gave you access to all the cards. I wonder what the meta for this is gonna be in a week

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 26, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"Wow, turns out 100% of opponents are lucky netdecking pieces of poo poo"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Mastery tree goes to 110 now, but the unique cosmetic reward is still at 100 and it's basically just ICRs beyond that. I guess that's nice in that you don't feel like you have to push that far, but people who do don't feel like it's wasting their time to keep playing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jabor posted:

Mastery tree goes to 110 now, but the unique cosmetic reward is still at 100 and it's basically just ICRs beyond that. I guess that's nice in that you don't feel like you have to push that far, but people who do don't feel like it's wasting their time to keep playing.

Imagine enjoying playing Magic for no reward.

Here are the patch notes I like the new sac interface they're using for food, saccing treasures was always clunky.

quote:

The name of land cards should no longer display in a smaller font and/or have parts of the name cut off (No more Drowned Cat's or Breeding Poo's).
Bah!

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 26, 2019

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

One thing I wish they'd add is a small random gold reward or chance of a card or whatever when losing a game . Not conceding, but just a little thing to encourage people to go ahead and take the final attack or let the simple combo play out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Immediately crafted two geese and two riders for the Yarok deck, let's see how this thing runs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What is Renewal Rewards?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oko is going to piss a lot of people off.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

What is Renewal Rewards?

If you logged in before today ever, when you log in today you get 10 random rares / mythics. Also I believe the mastery pass gets a bunch of random extra packs and whatnot in the first 30 levels on the free track.

I got 6 from Eldraine, including the Magic Mirror and like an experimental frenzy

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I also got 6 from Eldraine, including the Magic Mirror, and was wondering if that was deliberate.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

zoux posted:

Imagine enjoying playing Magic for no reward.

Here are the patch notes I like the new sac interface they're using for food, saccing treasures was always clunky.

This was one of my biggest concerns. The food mechanic seemed like it was going to require a ton of remembering to order triggers correctly, remember your end step, etc. Anything to make that a bit simpler is welcome.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Either they disabled the mastery pass screen entirely while they're trying to fix the quest stuff or redeeming PlayEldraine broke it for me.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I like how they are giving the fblthp avatar to players by emailing out codes that you copy-paste into the game.

Very good system.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fadam posted:

Oko is going to piss a lot of people off.

I am noticing how many extremely strong creatures have a power of 3...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sinteres posted:

Either they disabled the mastery pass screen entirely while they're trying to fix the quest stuff or redeeming PlayEldraine broke it for me.

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177265720104644608

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I played some play anything games with mono green stompy it seems really hard to not have an absurd attack on like turn 4. But with pretty limited card advantage, I'm not super high on it. I did cruise my through 3 games against knights x2 and a calvalcade deck though.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
with about 15k saved up does it make sense to just crack 10 and wait for the sealed event? I'm largely a f2p player.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What is the green egg with rewards? i opened it and got nothing. I thought it gave me stuff if I had played or gotten lvl 100 or something

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Looks like the renewal ICRs aren't actually triggering right now, either. The visual is the green egg cracking and then nothing happening but a 'more' button.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Kalli posted:

One thing I wish they'd add is a small random gold reward or chance of a card or whatever when losing a game . Not conceding, but just a little thing to encourage people to go ahead and take the final attack or let the simple combo play out.

No, they need to steal tipping from gwent (I think it was) so you can give your opponent 5 gold for any game that goes to completion or a concede after enough turns. It has to allow conceding though because gently caress watching someone play their whole deck.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

resistentialism posted:

Looks like the renewal ICRs aren't actually triggering right now, either. The visual is the green egg cracking and then nothing happening but a 'more' button.

Glad it wasn't just me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My green egg opened and gave me a ton of poo poo.

If you're lazy like me and just want to unga bunga through the ladder for a bit, Simic ramp with the goose and oko has been doing me right so far:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I didn't get anything from the egg

Give me my egg

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ex post facho posted:

with about 15k saved up does it make sense to just crack 10 and wait for the sealed event? I'm largely a f2p player.

I'm assuming you mean 15k gold and BO1 draft event? Technically the best way to get as many rares as possible is to draft like 30-35 times and then start opening all of your gathered packs, but if you don't care about that and just want to try out draft then buy packs now and save up the 5k gold during next week.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
^ thanks, I'm not super concerned with minmaxing my rares, i still have ~20 rare/mythic rare WCs, its a digital card game, recognizing the impermanence of all things, etc.

9/10 of my rares were red, including 2 of the "spawn one of 3 weenies" enchantment and embercleave :stare:

guess im doing boros for a while

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Bust Rodd posted:

What is the green egg with rewards? i opened it and got nothing. I thought it gave me stuff if I had played or gotten lvl 100 or something

It's supposed to be 10 ICRs and the NPE decks introduced earlier this year if you don't already have those. It worked for me, but apparently someone broke it.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
If I got the bug where I opened my green egg** but didn't get anything, did I actually get something but it just didn't show me what? Or am I going to have to wait for them to fix it?

**I read the posts in this thread and were like "okay, I better log in but not open my green egg" but apparently it shoves the green egg in your face without your consent when you log in and you have no choice but to click it. A++ design as always

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

JerryLee posted:

If I got the bug where I opened my green egg** but didn't get anything, did I actually get something but it just didn't show me what? Or am I going to have to wait for them to fix it?

**I read the posts in this thread and were like "okay, I better log in but not open my green egg" but apparently it shoves the green egg in your face without your consent when you log in and you have no choice but to click it. A++ design as always

Check your deck list to see if you have 10 new decks from the NPE. It's possible they assigned the rewards but the screen itself got skipped. Alternatively, wait 24-48 hours and it will probably be fixed, it's not like you won't get the rewards at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I hope Wishclaw Talisman is playable because I pulled three in a row and then a fourth a few packs later. Other than that I feel like I got lucky with my packs, lots of castles but no fabled passages which seems like a must-have for everyone.