Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Soricidus posted:

I am enjoying iOS 13.1. it’s a good mobile os

its good. iPadOS is real and good and my tablet friend too

well why not posted:

news today they’re researching thinner keyboards here we fucken gooooooo

lol just lol apple. just make it a touch screen with a keyboard button layer ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i have some sick poo poo in my helmet

i can even tap a button and yell NAVIGATE TO THE NEAREST DILDO SHOP and siri goes to work

maybe I will just wear a motorcycle helmet for aclls in the office with this installed

does it have a hardware mute button??? v important if I need to take a dump during a call

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Gentle Autist posted:

wore my AirPods on my commute today. the dollop sounded good on my bike then on the train then walking to the office

a++ would AirPod again

jesus, what sort of hellish commute requires 3 transfers

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

there is a tinder for windows phone, but all the guys look like shaggar. the girls do too.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

another poster already corrected me without being an rear end but go off i guess

i wonder why apple doesn't mention it: https://www.apple.com/airpods/
wait... you never interacted with the devices in question? you're literally basing all of your posts on (your poor understanding of) the splash page marketing copy?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Beamed posted:

jesus, what sort of hellish commute requires 3 transfers

my 40m commute from my home in the belmont hills to central wellington, nz

I don't think 'walking to the office' really counts as a transfer, unless you are used to riding your mobility scooter everywhere I guess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

there is a tinder for windows phone, but all the guys look like shaggar. the girls do too.

where do i sign up

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Gentle Autist posted:

my 40m commute from my home in the belmont hills to central wellington, nz

I don't think 'walking to the office' really counts as a transfer, unless you are used to riding your mobility scooter everywhere I guess

when my commute was 1 transfer i would take the L and it'd become a subway underneath my office building, so I'd have to walk to the train station i guess. or from it, home. but either way air pods would be a good fit because no one minds the crazy person constantly cussing and asking if they can borrow people's chargers because their air pods don't work on the train.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

JawnV6 posted:

wait... you never interacted with the devices in question? you're literally basing all of your posts on (your poor understanding of) the splash page marketing copy?

"all my posts"? are you confusing me with someone else?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gentle Autist posted:

maybe I will just wear a motorcycle helmet for aclls in the office with this installed

does it have a hardware mute button??? v important if I need to take a dump during a call

you wont need one. ppl call me on it and they cant even tell im on the bike unless i'm doing like 65 or better

it pairs to 2 devices too which is pretty neat. oh and it has an FM radio so if youre an idiot like me and forget to charge your phone you still have some tunes on the road

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

you wont need one. ppl call me on it and they cant even tell im on the bike unless i'm doing like 65 or better

it pairs to 2 devices too which is pretty neat. oh and it has an FM radio so if youre an idiot like me and forget to charge your phone you still have some tunes on the road

do motorcycles have anything comparable to a cigarette lighter port or are you on your own for electricity

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

do motorcycles have anything comparable to a cigarette lighter port or are you on your own for electricity

some of the big touring bikes have cig plugs, yeah. I have a weatherproof usb x 2 socket hardwired to my battery tucked up in my dash, i can recharge mad poo poo while i roll

my headset has a lil built in battery that lasts about eight hours tho

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

some of the big touring bikes have cig plugs, yeah. I have a weatherproof usb x 2 socket hardwired to my battery tucked up in my dash, i can recharge mad poo poo while i roll

my headset has a lil built in battery that lasts about eight hours tho

nice, sounds like a good setup

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I dropped my cracked iPhone 6 and it cracked more so I bought an iPhone 8.

i like how it’s mostly the same but 1password doesn’t get evicted from ram every thirty seconds

I don’t like how there’s no headphone jack

truly a phone of contrasts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

a tough trade off but if the 7 is any indication the 8 should be good for a while

later model touchid is stupid fast and i can only imagine it being better in ios 13 since it feels like all biometric stuff got a speed increase

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive got a 5 and an 8. the 8's just fine but theres just something cute about the 5. also its slow so it stops me from wasting time on bullshit on it

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/Siomori/status/1176484490023067648?s=20

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shaggar posted:

i constantly feel shame for using my xs cause its a huge piece of poo poo and i loving hate it. windows phone was so much better and i am sad its gone every day.

😂

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

That Arnold rocket launcher is going to end up on ten million phones, the hip nonconformist thing to do is using the phone naked

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

r u ready to WALK posted:

That Arnold rocket launcher is going to end up on ten million phones, the hip nonconformist thing to do is using the phone naked

it's already been on a bunch of android phones, i've seen variations for years

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i installed adguard because the ublock origin people recommended it & now youtube & twitter wont load at all

well they will load as embeds here on SA but if i click a link, it just opens a tab that never loads. even when i pause adguard lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I use 1BlockerX and it suits my needs so far

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

How did u get a pic of me posting on your phone

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

i installed adguard because the ublock origin people recommended it & now youtube & twitter wont load at all

well they will load as embeds here on SA but if i click a link, it just opens a tab that never loads. even when i pause adguard lol

this sounds extremely needs-suiting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbh its not bad except for the times i want to see an image from an embedded tweet or someone forgot to embed a youtube

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

while i was waiting for my new phone I used my work phone which is a pixel 3. its hardware is really good and the rear fingerprint reader is awesome. the camera is leaps amazing

too bad the software is so painful to use (esp if you don’t have/want google play)

the camera software is p good actually it can do cool stuff

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is the new camera as good as the pixel 2 XL?

a guy in the metal forums posted these and they look goddamn amazing

Ambious posted:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nowhere near as close, but this was massive attack the other night:

and a bee:

images were converted with lively, which may not be the best app but w/e

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the 11 camera is good but I’m not exactly sweating owning a mirrorless and forgoing the Pro either

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yeah its like, why buy one of these when you can have a usable phone (se) and a fuji x-series for about the same price

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

works on my machine. are you holding it wrong?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
im glad every concert venue i go to allows my fuji x-t3 through the door...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hmm, these were with a 7+

so maybe it's good enough for now... not as crisp as those pixel 2 xl ones. also the apple live photos seem shorter unless you can toggle that somewhere??

the fuji cameras are $1000+ CAD but i have been looking into something like that since i dont need a major phone upgrade

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Maximum Leader posted:

works on my machine. are you holding it wrong?

probably, but also my computer is a piece of poo poo, it's like 10 years old lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Vintersorg posted:

hmm, these were with a 7+

so maybe it's good enough for now... not as crisp as those pixel 2 xl ones. also the apple live photos seem shorter unless you can toggle that somewhere??

the fuji cameras are $1000+ CAD but i have been looking into something like that since i dont need a major phone upgrade

not sure what the new hotness is now but the x-t20 has served me well and has a good kit lens (if you buy the more expensive of the two available)

it could potentially get into venues with a pancake lens not that I’ve tried

josh2112
Jul 25, 2007
Is that a meteor? That's a cool meteor.
i think that probably the best thing for Apple to do going forward is to design less bad products and more good products

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
that doesn’t sound very courageous

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

josh2112 posted:

i think that probably the best thing for Apple to do going forward is to design less bad products and more good products

creating a good product would be a first for apple.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

josh2112 posted:

they mostly need fewer products (i.e. stop selling slightly differentiated skus of laptops and desktops and pick one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s much easier for them to tell you how to be a “””good person””” using their new product than to make a good new product. it’s the American way