Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Intruder is fun but it feels extremely unfinished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Watch at least one (1) film made in each decade of the 20th century.

Weak. Last year I did 5 from each decade starting with the 30's and up to the present. Get on my level.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Intruder looks like it was made in one night with no budget to speak of outside of the actors' salaries.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Basebf555 posted:

Weak. Last year I did 5 from each decade starting with the 30's and up to the present. Get on my level.

I did similar. It was a nice way to not get burnt out on a particular decade.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

M_Sinistrari posted:

I did similar. It was a nice way to not get burnt out on a particular decade.

I still ended up getting burned out on the 40s. After Cat People there just wasn't a whole lot there. I enjoyed House of Frankenstein but wasn't able to track down I Walked With a Zombie and there really wasn't a wide range of good choices.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

weekly font posted:

Intruder is fun but it feels extremely unfinished.
Got one hell of a kick in the balls ending though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There’s only one true balls ending in a slasher, and it’s Pieces.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Someone a few pages back mentioned Harvest Home, and after just finishing that book, I want to see a movie version that recenters the story on the main character's wife, who he seems to idealize but not have much respect for. I've never seen the existing adaptation, but I need to wait at least a few weeks because the book's take on basically all its female characters was pretty cringey. I kept trying to cut the novel some slack and consider that maybe it was trying to critique it's protagonist, but that possibility didn't hold up after all the scenes of both the wife and the town vixen acting like textbook examples of a man writing badly about women.

Of course at this point if anybody reimagined Harvest Home as a female-centric folk horror movie that establishes its male lead as a clueless rear end in a top hat, they'd be assumed to have lifted that take from Midsommar. It's all there in the book if you give the protagonist's wife any credit though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I need to watch Midsommar again apparently

https://twitter.com/danieIgayIewis/status/1175782170763366402?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blast Fantasto posted:

There’s only one true balls ending in a slasher, and it’s Pieces.

I still need to watch Pieces

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pieces is SOOOOO good

except for the kinda racist scene uk the one but even then its so out of the blue its more "wtf just happened"

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I like the ace detective work in Pieces, where the cops just ask everyone "can you tell us anything?" and then immediately dropping it when they say no

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

I like the ace detective work in Pieces, where the cops just ask everyone "can you tell us anything?" and then immediately dropping it when they say no

even 1980s Italian slasher students know never to talk to pigs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Pieces is SOOOOO good

except for the kinda racist scene uk the one but even then its so out of the blue its more "wtf just happened"

are you referring to the “martial arts professor“ scene or is there something else?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yah that one

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I need a good fun horror movie with no subtitles for my fiancee and I to watch tonight and I'm braindead from work and can't think of anything good.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

I need a good fun horror movie with no subtitles for my fiancee and I to watch tonight and I'm braindead from work and can't think of anything good.

Death Spa

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Braindead/Dead Alive actually fits this lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

If I tallied up all the various adaptations of The Count of Monte Cristo I'd probably get stuck on the anime that made him a 7 foot tall blue elf

That anime owns actually

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

COOL CORN posted:

Chopping Mall

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pomp posted:

That anime owns actually

i need this in my life whats it called

Burkion posted:

Chopping Mall

Ooh this is another good suggestion, this movies a ton of fun. I went in with high expectations and wasn't dissapointed

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea Chopping Mall and Death Spa is like one of the best possible double features I can imagine and I'm probably gonna do that this month. And with each one you get a From Beyond alum!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Yea Chopping Mall and Death Spa is like one of the best possible double features I can imagine and I'm probably gonna do that this month. And with each one you get a From Beyond alum!

why haven't we collabed on a From Beyond/Evil Bong erotic fan fiction yet?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kvlt! posted:

why haven't we collabed on a From Beyond/Evil Bong erotic fan fiction yet?

Bong From Beyond Evil

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
From Beyond is way kinkier than Evil Bong though. I'm not sure the fetish community would accept that combination.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
WHAT IF... slashers/gory movies were out of the picture in this decision tonight.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

gey muckle mowser posted:

"Could the killer have used this chainsaw?" He asks, picking up the blood-covered chainsaw with his bare hands.

"Yes."

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

WHAT IF... slashers/gory movies were out of the picture in this decision tonight.

Horror Express

Death Spa isn't really a slasher and isn't all that gory though. Well it's kinda a slasher I guess but an unusual one.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

Bong From Beyond Evil

mods change my av to this

Basebf555 posted:

From Beyond is way kinkier than Evil Bong though. I'm not sure the fetish community would accept that combination.

It would be for our own pleasure

COOL CORN posted:

why would you want to watch a movie with someone who doesn't like Fulci? :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

It's very good looking, here's edmond

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Pomp posted:

It's very good looking, here's edmond

drat now I wanna watch an anime about an old rear end book

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basebf555 posted:

The Shining has a UHD coming out October 1st so you better believe it's gonna be included in my October Challenge.

Everytime I see someone talk about UHDs I have a little brain fart and think they said UMD. You're very excited to watch The Shining on your PSP next month

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Oh haha, she wanted a feminist horror movie and I talked her into Slumber Party Massacre, nice nice nice

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

COOL CORN posted:

I'd love to say Chopping Mall still but a woman gets her head blown up by evil robots in a shopping mall so

Dumb fun 80s horror that isn't gory, you always have Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Oh haha, she wanted a feminist horror movie and I talked her into Slumber Party Massacre, nice nice nice

The VVitch is pretty tame and I'd consider it a feminist horror movie. Also one of the few good horrors A24 has put out, it's one of the few movies I've ever seen in a theater twice it was so good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

The VVitch is pretty tame

Lol

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Midsommar Spoilers! :siren:

I saw that one in theaters on my 2nd watch, but I didn't notice these two:

Here's a face on a tree (which I didn't notice).

https://twitter.com/datniggatamtams/status/1175943072393441280?s=20

I also didn't notice this one:

https://twitter.com/reneesday/status/1176170506292215809?s=20

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

COOL CORN posted:

COOL CORN posted:

I really liked Fido, which is kind of like if Pleasantville was a zombie movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've been listening to the Evolution of Horror Podcast, and the host has a habit of asking the guests what their first horror movie was. That got me thinking about mine, it was probably Poltergeist 2, what about you guys?