Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We find our heroes Larry, Moe, and Curly (Shemp and Joe have been spared from pixilated rape) as they stumble across Ma’s Orphanage. "Ma" is in financial trouble with the low down snake of a bank man "I. Fleecem." At this point, the game still holds a great amount of potential. Will Larry whip out his .38 Special and bust a cap in Fleecem’s skull? Will wacky antics ensue?

“Ha ha ha, fool!” shouts Shabba-Du, god of poo poo games. "Think again!"

You have to get a job to earn money to save the orphanage within 30 days. In other words, disappointing antics ensue. You’re given a board with five panels. A hand (I’m guessing Moe’s) pops around the panels until you hit “B”. Each panel has a picture of your fate, which may entail a getting your finger snapped in a mousetrap, getting beaten in an alley, or worst of all, finding work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
but why

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EorayMel posted:

We find our heroes Larry, Moe, and Curly (Shemp and Joe have been spared from pixilated rape) as they stumble across Ma’s Orphanage. "Ma" is in financial trouble with the low down snake of a bank man "I. Fleecem." At this point, the game still holds a great amount of potential. Will Larry whip out his .38 Special and bust a cap in Fleecem’s skull? Will wacky antics ensue?

“Ha ha ha, fool!” shouts Shabba-Du, god of poo poo games. "Think again!"

You have to get a job to earn money to save the orphanage within 30 days. In other words, disappointing antics ensue. You’re given a board with five panels. A hand (I’m guessing Moe’s) pops around the panels until you hit “B”. Each panel has a picture of your fate, which may entail a getting your finger snapped in a mousetrap, getting beaten in an alley, or worst of all, finding work.

haha cool

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's below 8 now :allears:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

spankmeister posted:

It's below 8 now :allears:

Naturally, Technical Analus shows farts farts fffffffffffaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrttttttt....

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

DerekSmartymans posted:

Naturally, Technical Analus shows farts farts fffffffffffaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrttttttt....

:agreed:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2qBlrW9vw

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
number go up

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
no wait number go down

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Zamujasa posted:

number go up

Zamujasa posted:

no wait number go down

Lyrics to a James Brown-themed quincenera

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

we have nothing to fud but fud itself

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
it is the compassion of satoshi that has brought the price down one last time, that the nocoiner might still be saved

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

remember: you only lose money when you sell

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Boxturret posted:

remember: you only lose money when you sell

if my bitcoins get stolen because the men with guns hacked my exchanged, have I lost money?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
what's going on with Bitfinex these days? last I read they were increasingly unable to send or receive money and the bitcoin price on there was starting to rise above the price on other exchanges, like it did on Mt Gox before the end. is that still going on or what. I know they are printing tethers like crazy

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

EorayMel posted:

if my bitcoins get stolen because the men with guns hacked my exchanged, have I lost money?

aside: is it good for bitcoin if i say aye?

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

you shouldn't have bought what you couldn't afford to lose
you should've known better than to trust an exchange
you learned a valuable lesson and should be thankful
you can always buy more

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hammerite posted:

what's going on with Bitfinex these days? last I read they were increasingly unable to send or receive money and the bitcoin price on there was starting to rise above the price on other exchanges, like it did on Mt Gox before the end. is that still going on or what. I know they are printing tethers like crazy

they are facing down a lawsuit by the attorney general of new york, but it hasn't really gotten to the point where juicy tidbits are being released publicly. the lawsuit does involve tethers, so maybe we'll finally get some confirmed lols on that front

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

couldn't be simpler. time to buy

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

"beark" market?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

gschmidl posted:

The Moving Average Divergence Convergent Least-Obligated Withdrawal Network (MADCLOWN)
lol

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
my new favorite metric, which I learned about here:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dont-trade-bitcoin-right-now-fundstrats-tom-lee-151506682.html
is the bitcoin misery index

also contains the amazing phrase "is not good for bitcoin" :aaa:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

KnifeWrench posted:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dont-trade-bitcoin-right-now-fundstrats-tom-lee-151506682.html

hosed up to even contemplate but fortunately also impossible

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Amethyst posted:

"beark" market?

the backwoods relative of jeffk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Waiting for bork market to invest in dogecoin. Beerk bork market even, possibly. :cheerdoge:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

KnifeWrench posted:

i understand the concept, but our people do not have a word for it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KnifeWrench posted:

HIGHLY MISLEADING

please don't post this obvious fud

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets went into meltdown this week, with the bitcoin price suddenly falling off a cliff.

The bitcoin price lost some 15% in a shock sell-off on Tuesday, dragging down the wider bitcoin and crypto market and catching traders, who had hoped the hotly-anticipated Bakkt crypto platform launch would give bitcoin a boost, off-guard.

Now, Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg has revealed his libra cryptocurrency, which is largely credited with sparking bitcoin's bull run earlier this year, may not launch in 2020, as previously expected.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So I always love when the rollercoaster makes a fall here is hoping the crime lords that keep bitcoin high aren't able to stop the mass selloff.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I;m thinking about thos Butts

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

me too!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

how on earth would facebook making their own centralized currency have any impact whatsoever on the value of bitcoins, a completely separate and unrelated thing???

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that article text is really dumb. but if libra actually gets released, isn't is possible that it could influence bitcoin the same way tether does? assuming libra is tradable

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Clockwerk posted:

how on earth would facebook making their own centralized currency have any impact whatsoever on the value of bitcoins, a completely separate and unrelated thing???
because the value of bitcoins is entirely predicated on what people will pay for them and any pretext will suffice for number go up

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sham bam bamina! posted:

because the value of bitcoins is entirely predicated on what people will pay for them and any pretext will suffice for number go up

the price of bitcoins, maybe

the value of bitcoins is constant at 0

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i think you might be thinking of water

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

even as squishy and vague as libra's white paper was, it was supposed to be less a "crypto" than a synthetic basket of other, actual, currencies like usd, yen, euro, etc. if you create a money market fund and stamp a certificate saying you own 1 share in this fund to trade on zuckerburg market, then that's what libra is ostensibly supposed to be.

note the conspicuous absence of: decentralization, blockchain, buttcoin, or really any of the aspects that make crypto, crypto. except the bit they arrogantly proclaim this thing in the teeth of regulators and expect them to fall over (but that might just be tech bro arrogance)

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Soricidus posted:

the price of bitcoins, maybe

the value of bitcoins is constant at 0

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i think you might be thinking of water

Why not both?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what makes crypto crypto is the elusiveness of the animals otherwise it would be normal zoology hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Clockwerk posted:

It legitimised cryptocurrency, in a lot of idiots’ minds.

See also: zuckerberg’s gee whiz futurism feuling the vr fad.