Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait you only get stuff from the egg if you’ve already bought the Eldraine mastery pass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dracula Factory posted:

I hope Wishclaw Talisman is playable because I pulled three in a row and then a fourth a few packs later. Other than that I feel like I got lucky with my packs, lots of castles but no fabled passages which seems like a must-have for everyone.

Play it with Karn

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I can't imagine a world where Fabled Passage isn't a 4 of in any deck running 2+ colours. It's about as safe of a craft as there is.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Someone in here asked about Simic Flash and I think this is the decklist I'm gonna try out when I get time to build it:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In the Yarok deck the goose sometimes gives me 2 food etb and that feels like value

Bust Rodd posted:

Wait you only get stuff from the egg if you’ve already bought the Eldraine mastery pass?

No, you just need to have the M20 mastery pass, my egg auto-opened before I even had access to the client to buy the Eldraine one

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

fadam posted:

I can't imagine a world where Fabled Passage isn't a 4 of in any deck running 2+ colours. It's about as safe of a craft as there is.

Coming into play tapped is a big drawback.

e: though it untaps if you control what... 4 lands? It probably depends on the deck tbh.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

???

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

You get more stuff if you own the mastery pass but the rare ICRs and NPE decks are for everyone.

The gold and gems alone still add up to 3500 gems of value if you're a limited only player who doesn't care about cosmetics btw.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 26, 2019

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Work crew shows its appreciation for all of you beta testing rotation for us.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Look Around You posted:

Coming into play tapped is a big drawback.

e: though it untaps if you control what... 4 lands? It probably depends on the deck tbh.

Many 2 colour decks don't do much on turn 1 and unless you draw Fabled Passage on exactly turn 2 or 3 as a required land drop, the downside is extremely manageable.

Half the colour pairs only have one set of dual lands (Ravnica shocklands), and trying to play a two colour deck with only 4/24 duals is beyond miserable. Passage is the only other available dual that (can) enter untapped so expect to see a lot of it.

I'm having a hard time imagining a 2 colour deck that won't want it in this current environment.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Correcting myself: it doesn't look like you even need to have done the M20 mastery pass, as long as you had an account and played on it before today you get the Green Egg Cards

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No, you just need to have the M20 mastery pass, my egg auto-opened before I even had access to the client to buy the Eldraine one

I don't believe this is accurate. The renewal gift (the egg) applies regardless of any mastery pass, however it does require that you created an account and logged in any time during the open beta (i.e. yesterday or earlier). It includes 10 ICRs, the latest NPE decks if you didn't already have them, and 12 Eldraine packs in the first 25 levels of this season regardless of the Eldraine pass. If you buy the Eldraine pass, it gives additional packs, mastery orbs, and ICRs - but again, you must have logged in during the open beta.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My egg auto opened and I got rewards for it. I assumed that I had it unlocked and spent 4k gems on drafting and now I can't unlock the mastery pass. Yay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doltos posted:

My egg auto opened and I got rewards for it. I assumed that I had it unlocked and spent 4k gems on drafting and now I can't unlock the mastery pass. Yay.

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177276999565336576

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want a mobile app that doesn't try to play games, but instead allows me to buy gems with the huge amount of google survey credit I have built up since quitting Hearthstone.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i dont think i understand the "play any deck" event? its requiring me to craft cards i'm creating a deck with despite it saying you have access to those. why cant i have 4x questing beasts huh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

ex post facho posted:

i dont think i understand the "play any deck" event? its requiring me to craft cards i'm creating a deck with despite it saying you have access to those. why cant i have 4x questing beasts huh

It should let you enter the event even with cards you don't have

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think once the event goes live it will let you enter the event even with cards you don't have but it doesn't start until Oct 5

There's supposed to be a play whatever event now and another, for the prizes, next week

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Ah that makes sense thanks, or maybe not? 🤔

will try a decklist i found and see how it goes.

E: importing a deck then starting the event worked. might just be something to be careful about if you see crafting requirements pop up without importing

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 26, 2019

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Sealed still blows, but my second game was a half hour slog that my opponent conceded with me at 3 life, 1 card left in my deck, and my midnight clock about to strike 12, so that was a thing.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Huxley posted:

Work crew shows its appreciation for all of you beta testing rotation for us.

Spiderdrake posted:

So what did people get for their "boosters opened" stat in their email? I apparently opened 224, which I think doesn't include drafting or sealed since I have a lot more than 224 rares.
Hmm

Total Matches Played: 2,635
Total Booster Packs Opened: 584
Gold Earned from Quests: 181,000
Gold Earned from Daily Wins: 122,225

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
coast wizards give the egg

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Many 2 colour decks don't do much on turn 1 and unless you draw Fabled Passage on exactly turn 2 or 3 as a required land drop, the downside is extremely manageable.

Half the colour pairs only have one set of dual lands (Ravnica shocklands), and trying to play a two colour deck with only 4/24 duals is beyond miserable. Passage is the only other available dual that (can) enter untapped so expect to see a lot of it.

I'm having a hard time imagining a 2 colour deck that won't want it in this current environment.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not convinced it's an easy 4 of though.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this deck is absurd

4 Blood Crypt
8 Swamp (339)
9 Mountain (343)
1 Fabled Passage
2 Castle Locthwain
4 Gutterbones
4 Rotting Regisaur
4 Spawn of Mayhem
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion
4 Bonecrusher Giant
4 Murderous Rider
4 Robber of the Rich
4 Stormfist Crusader
4 Fervent Champion

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

First pass at a Kiora Henge deck. Was thinking about going mono-G but I think Krasis is too useful to pass up?

2 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
6 Island (ANA) 62
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
1 End-Raze Forerunners (RNA) 124
4 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
2 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
2 Vivien, Champion of the Wilds (WAR) 180
2 God-Eternal Rhonas (WAR) 163
3 Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner (WAR) 232
2 Roalesk, Apex Hybrid (WAR) 213
12 Forest (ANA) 65
2 Bioessence Hydra (WAR) 186
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
2 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
1 Gargos, Vicious Watcher (M20) 172
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ex post facho posted:

this deck is absurd

4 Blood Crypt
8 Swamp (339)
9 Mountain (343)
1 Fabled Passage
2 Castle Locthwain
4 Gutterbones
4 Rotting Regisaur
4 Spawn of Mayhem
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion
4 Bonecrusher Giant
4 Murderous Rider
4 Robber of the Rich
4 Stormfist Crusader
4 Fervent Champion

so many wildcards :negative:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

GreyjoyBastard posted:

so many wildcards :negative:

I need uh

22 rares and 6 mythics lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

I need uh

22 rares and 6 mythics lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ixjuvin posted:

coast wizards give the egg

makes sense for the shrek set. :douche:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Right now the auto-tapper treats multiple geese as mana sources even if you only have one food on the board, making spells look castable when they're not

Edit: trip report on Henge -- game 1 I went against Feather and got demolished. game 2 was white weenies and I got run over. Game 3 was mono-B and I managed to land both Kiora and Henge and it owned bones

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 26, 2019

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
T3 oko is super oppressive :stonk:

i mean i just lost to guildgate field of dead zombie swarm, but I held on a lot longer than i thought due to never ending 3/3 tokens due to the GG food/+1 oko combo. almost had the fucker with questing beast

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How does the Play Any Deck thing work?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Import any decklist and you can play any cards in it for free, for 12 games

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/straydogrenji/status/1177274848327938050

Rakdos Pyromancer looks sick!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Questing Beast feels very good to play on turn 3 and I think I'm gonna be crafting a few of those

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oko basically demands hard planeswalker removal or you're never going to kill it.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cards game

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Oh, sure, this is the set I open a dozen rare lands in.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
okay yeah i'll consider building towards that rakdos nonsense, it's great in the Any Deck event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Can't wait to get home and put in oko and teferi in a bant shell and see what happens