Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

okay Stonecoil Serpent is legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I love it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
When did "6" become the acceptable turn 3 loyalty for a planeswalker

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

No Wave posted:

Today

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lmao oko is incredibly hosed

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I wish there was a "no planeswalkers" format. You know, so I could have fun playing a game of Magic again.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

I wish there was a "no planeswalkers" format. You know, so I could have fun playing a game of Magic again.

Hard agree, and I also wish Brawl didn't let you use a planeswalker as your commander. That's going to suck rear end.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
brb crafting 4x The Elderspell

Guess I'm mono-black this whole season...

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Oko and garruk are both very good. Henge seems ok, obviously it's sweet once you get it down and it is pretty easy to cast for 4-6 mana if you aren't completely locked out.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

No Wave posted:

It loving sucks that Fry is close to useless. The only clean answer is Noxious Grasp at this point, and that poo poo will just get Veiled.

Three mana planeswalkers in general are the loving worst.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I like planeswalkers that are 6 mana. Keep those delete all others.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

The Human Crouton posted:

same except a "no opponents" format

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

So far it looks like this format is going to reward me for playing swamps so I'm very happy with it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Give planeswalkers summoning sickness.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yorvo is also good in the Henge deck, I can start to see this thing coming together

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No Wave posted:

I like planeswalkers that are 6 mana. Keep those delete all others.
Yeah it's the lazy push toward 2-3 mana that is making the card type suck.

They're supposed to be big splashy mythics and instead some shirtless dork shows up on turn 2 and starts baking pies.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah it's the lazy push toward 2-3 mana that is making the card type suck.

They're supposed to be big splashy mythics and instead some shirtless dork shows up on turn 2 and starts baking pies.

I mean, mythics themselves are only big and splashy until they're a Disperse/Rishadan Airship split card.

Basically everything sucks and nothing matters. Buy more Collector Boosters.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Collector boosters just $35 a pop ooooh yeah.

On that note the Brawl decks, parted out, are now over $500. Still appear to be sold out. The most expensive card is Alela, then Knights' Charge, though since supply is technically zero who loving knows.

Looking out from Arena toward the buttcoin style speculator hell of RL magic is nice, at least.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Planeswalkers either need to have a big payoff with a long cooldown when placed or a small payoff with a short cooldown when placed. That way the opponent is on a timer just like with a lot of enchantments or lingering threat cards. The problem with these latest planeswalkers is that a bunch of them have big payoffs with short cooldowns which makes them not really tempo punishments at all. I'd have no problem with three cost planeswalkers if they took a while to go off.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Surprising nobody, Fervent Champion is real good in cavalcade decks.

Also surprising nobody, cavalcade is way worse against food/goose

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pumping Wildborn Preserver even 1 or 2 off of the wolves that come from Nightpack Ambusher feels so mean but so good

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

So far it looks like this format is going to reward me for playing swamps so I'm very happy with it

you better be running 4x dread presence

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Woo, opened a Questing Beast in one of my reward packs. I guess I am gonna live that Henge life in standard

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Woo, opened a Questing Beast in one of my reward packs. I guess I am gonna live that Henge life in standard

Does henge need a full play set of beast?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

okay Stonecoil Serpent is legit

It blocks Feather super hard and it's the funniest thing to watch them impotently make huge flyers with protection from all colors that just can't ever get through.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

No need to bother support if you want your stats and didn't get the email:

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177315321847222272

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

GimmickMan posted:

It blocks Feather super hard and it's the funniest thing to watch them impotently make huge flyers with protection from all colors that just can't ever get through.

Wow I didn't even think about this. Fffuuuccckkk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Does henge need a full play set of beast?

It's legendary so I am reluctant to go 4-of with it, I currently have 2, might go 3.

My 4/5 slot right now is

2 Questing Beast: On turn 3 it will put the hurt on an opponent who played T3 planeswalker on an empty board (though even Oko survives this!)
4 Shifting Ceratops: just a solid beater
2 Nullhide Ferox: Gives max pump to a T3 Yorvo and even with the tax on noncreature spells its power will discount Henge enough for a T4 cast
2 Roalesk: Still debating this one, whether this is better filled with a Cavalier/Hydra/something from ELD I haven't looked at yet, but the proliferate has good synergy with Henge and Yorvo

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I've been wondering if Escape to the Wilds would be good in a ramp / elementals deck, either with or without fires. Basically, if you make a lot of mana, you need stuff to spend it on, and paying 5 to draw 5 seems pretty legit? Also Risen Reef seems to play nicely with Fires of Invention, letting you ramp out bigger free-er stuff faster. Also turn 4 Fires of Invention + random 4 drop can lead to turn 5 Nissa for 0, and then hydroid krasis for 8 because fire's free spell effect is a "may" ability.

Basically I'm wondering if a midrange gruul/temur deck with a few mana dorks and a bunch of 4+ drops could be a good deck. Could be an elemental deck, could just be good stuff. The only thing I'm having trouble with is that after you fill your hand, you might want a way to bounce/sacrifice your own Fires.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

So Feather's pretty dead with Reckless Rage rotating out, huh? :negative:

I only got a few games in this morning before work, but things look rough.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Been trying to come up with a solid WB knights deck. There's a ton of cards/synergies, but I have no idea if anything is good or what would be best to cut. Out of this dumb 69 card deck I think I'd cut the following:

1. Circle of Loyalty
2. Konrad x2
3. Silverflame Ritual x1
4. Doom Foretold x 2
5. Corpse Knight x 2
6. Midnight Reaper x 1

4 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
12 Plains (ANA) 61
4 Worthy Knight (ELD) 36
12 Swamp (ANA) 63
4 Venerable Knight (ELD) 35
4 Spark Harvest (WAR) 105
1 The Circle of Loyalty (ELD) 9
4 Smitten Swordmaster (ELD) 105
4 Belle of the Brawl (ELD) 78
3 Silverflame Ritual (ELD) 30
4 Corpse Knight (M20) 206
4 Wintermoor Commander (ELD) 205
2 Doom Foretold (ELD) 187
2 Syr Konrad, the Grim (ELD) 107
2 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
3 Midnight Reaper (GRN) 77

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Fblthp sleeve codes are going out now

Code claims to be unique, so probably opt in or whatever

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Just realized, if you go Temur Midrange, your early game can be bird + oko. Also you can do fun stuff like turn 3 Fires, turn 4 Risen Reef + Cavalier or nissa

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Vaah posted:

So Feather's pretty dead with Reckless Rage rotating out, huh? :negative:

I only got a few games in this morning before work, but things look rough.

Good

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zyla posted:

cards game

:same:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The etb sound effect for Castle Ardenvale is a barking dog in a field.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
PLAYELDRAINE did not work for me. :(

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

MTG Arena, the Other Goose Game

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Rhaegar posted:

PLAYELDRAINE did not work for me. :(

PlayEldraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Kjermzs posted:

PlayEldraine

Now it just says code redeemed but I don't have any packs. Guess I need to wait.