Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Jackson looks miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’d be miserable too if they just called me a racist on national television.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

THANK GOD

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

YAY NICOLE!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha he’s totally hosed up

Also, It’s hilarious that the person grilling these people about being lovely humans goes out of her way to remind people she stands behind her sex pest husband.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 26, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I actually believe Mickie that his gameplay was pure cyborg kill-everyone strategy and he isn't some kind of KKK in plainclothes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Season ended with Jackson miserable and Nicole ecstatic. Sometimes you get where you wanted even if you went the wrong way.

Now I kind of want to watch the backyard interviews and see how miserable and shell shocked Gr8ful are.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
He looked like he was having a panic attack.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zapplez posted:

I actually believe Mickie that his gameplay was pure cyborg kill-everyone strategy and he isn't some kind of KKK in plainclothes.

Its complete and total bullshit. Jackson spent all season attacking people personally, saying racist poo poo, and gaslighting and berating women. He's a piece of garbage and he proved it for 99 days.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Its complete and total bullshit. Jackson spent all season attacking people personally, saying racist poo poo, and gaslighting and berating women. He's a piece of garbage and he proved it for 99 days.

I don’t know. His speech clearly stated that it wasn’t personal and that he didn’t do those things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bonus pts for all the Jackson fans melting down about the "liberal fake news PC culture ruining Jackson's moment." This night turned out way better than I was expecting.

Twin Cinema posted:

I don’t know. His speech clearly stated that it wasn’t personal and that he didn’t do those things.

I'm sure I'll find out the truth when I have a chance to watch the show.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jackson has fans? I haven’t encountered one in the wild yet.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Jackson was a bully, narcissist, rear end in a top hat, intimidating, liar, manipulative, ignorant and probably has a legit eating disorder and needs counselling, but I must have missed him saying racist poo poo.

Or are we talking about Jack?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Those last 20 min were loving Devine. It was even great that Jack got to give a fairly sincere apology, while Micky literally had to say “I’m not racist”.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Just about the perfect end to this particular season and all that entails. Please hire a more competent and self aware casting crew. Thank you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zapplez posted:

Jackson was a bully, narcissist, rear end in a top hat, intimidating, liar, manipulative, ignorant and probably has a legit eating disorder and needs counselling, but I must have missed him saying racist poo poo.

Or are we talking about Jack?

I think Jackson said more "racist" poo poo than Jack. Jackson would go on long rants about how David was a sexual predator and would "run a train" on all the women and how he could "see something in his eyes" and how he was "dangerous". Also there was that one time he randomly screamed "GO BACK TO MEXICO!". Or that time he randomly decided David probably spent time in prison. He also said all the same "toxic bitch" stuff about Kemi that Jack did. He said all the same "Ovi is a disgusting pervert" poo poo.

Jackson's always been a huge loving bigot and the worst of the lot. He just got a lot of protection from production, a favorable edit, and a lot of fans online cleaning up his image. Plus he was just saying and doing so much outrageous poo poo it was easy for stuff to be lost in the mix.

Twin Cinema posted:

Jackson has fans? I haven’t encountered one in the wild yet.
He's always had an undercurrent of "that's a real man", "the pc culture will make all white men racist" support that really built up after Day 44 and when he was going against Christie. It died down for awhile but the last couple of weeks there's been a big push of "its about time a real alpha man won instead of being robbed like Paul and Tyler."

I'm hilariously seeing a whole push on Twitter and other boards of sad people whining about his win getting ruined and showing their hands by invoking "the liberal agenda against Trump" in it. Its cracking me up.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is pretty insanely hosed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFXBhdOWwAAqAns?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Still can't find any receipts on the race stuff though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zapplez posted:

Still can't find any receipts on the race stuff though.

I spent a summer trying to cover the feeds in the spoiler thread so I'm a little burned out "finding receipts" but here's a quickly found highlight reel and some collected quotes. The "n-word" ones are a little up to interpretation since he mumbled something, but I'll throw that up too and you can decide.

This stuff is obviously NSFW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxoBxxhVfug
A collection of quotes said by both Jacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OiL6zQ2BM0

Jackson spent 99 days dragging his own character across the mud and it amuses me that a whole lot of people are upset that BB didn't provide him a "safe space" from the consequences of those actions and how lots of people feel about him. But I hate the dude so I'm definitely not unbiased here. I'm glad his night was ruined.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 26, 2019

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Michie is an rear end in a top hat and a bully and he will get what he deserves but don’t post histrionic bullshit like that Big Brother History X facebook cat lady nonsense. You’re better than that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're all quotes so like, you can make of them what you will. zapples asked for "receipts" and it while I personally wouldn't normally include something quite as inflammatory as the AHX think it looked like an accurate account to me, with the only possible exception being the n-word stuff that is open for interpretation. Which I pointed out and included the clip to find.

You can feel Jackson's a bigot or not. But this stuff's all been out there all season and Julie wasn't making it up when she said lots of people felt this way. It wouldn't be the first time BB fans called me a "cat lady."

edit: But like, I don't really want the conversation getting distracted by whatever so the quotes are up there without the weighted tweets.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 26, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Having some time to reflect I find myself looking at Jackson and Nicole and realizing that this is the ultimate realization of Jeff's traditional "Would you rather win and be hated or lose and be loved?" question to every HG.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

A collection of quotes said by both Jacks.

See this is cheating because we all know Jack is a dumb racist piece of poo poo. I am still leaning towards Michie being an ignorant narcissist, intimidating,manipulating piece of poo poo, but honestly I didn't see conscious racism from him in his gameplay like was implied by BB at the finale.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They both loving suck but only one of them seemed to legitimately be sorry last night and it was not Jackson.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Don't bother arguing with zapplez.

Following along with the spoiler thread and watching the feeds, Michie definitely has biases that he's rightfully going to get dragged for.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

We can all agree that Camp Comeback was dumb as poo poo and the only possible upside CBS could have gotten from the concept was a bro getting evicted and trying to have a fight with another bro, right?

Seriously, big alliance early games are the loving worst. The high school bully poo poo that usually comes out of it sucks, but it also essentially writes off 1/4-1/3 of the cast unless they get an HoH win and turns majority alliance players into passive sheep who do nothing all day and only talk to their group. Tommy - Tommy! - became a compelling guy to watch when that phase of the game was over.

So the first few weeks were toxic in a way that made me stop paying attention, which almost never happens, but I'm not sure how much of it was unique to these particular assholes and how much of it was big alliance early game + Camp Comeback keeping evicted players around and giving them virtually zero in-game value.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
The stuff about David running train and being an ex con based on nothing ALONE is classic racist poo poo.

If you guys can't see that then I think you need to spend some time doing some work to understand what racism looks like in America in 2019 and it's not on us in the BB episode discussion thread to do that work for you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zapplez posted:

See this is cheating because we all know Jack is a dumb racist piece of poo poo. I am still leaning towards Michie being an ignorant narcissist, intimidating,manipulating piece of poo poo, but honestly I didn't see conscious racism from him in his gameplay like was implied by BB at the finale.

I posted two video clips that covered most of those quotes and showed that most of them were said by Jackson. You ignored them and went right to the same excuse. That strikes me that you're arguing in bad faith. I tried.

Savahontas posted:

The stuff about David running train and being an ex con based on nothing ALONE is classic racist poo poo.
That was definitely the moment I went from "Eh, maybe Jackson's just an all around rear end in a top hat who can't see the look of his actions" to "There's no rational reason for Jackson to be this angry or saying THIS much problematic poo poo about David besides implicit bias." I imagine that's exactly what David was referring to when he said he saw the game move as "just game" but then when he got out he saw deeper biases.

A lot of people are talking about how Jackson got it "worse than anyone" last night I don't think that's true at all. Jack and Aaryn both got quotes read back to them. Their own words they couldn't defend. Jackson didn't get that and he had tons of stuff Julie could have said. Jackson dodged that bullet.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 26, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

I posted two video clips that covered most of those quotes and showed that most of them were said by Jackson. You ignored them and went right to the same excuse. That strikes me that you're arguing in bad faith. I tried.

That was definitely the moment I went from "Eh, maybe Jackson's just an all around rear end in a top hat who can't see the look of his actions" to "There's no rational reason for Jackson to be this angry or saying THIS much problematic poo poo about David besides implicit bias." I imagine that's exactly what David was referring to when he said he saw the game move as "just game" but then when he got out he saw deeper biases.

A lot of people are talking about how Jackson got it "worse than anyone" last night I don't think that's true at all. Jack and Aaryn both got quotes read back to them. Their own words they couldn't defend. Jackson didn't get that and he had tons of stuff Julie could have said. Jackson dodged that bullet.

Those are good points. I guess we are arguing different things because I wouldn't necessarily call someone with implicit bias a racist because than almost every person in America would be racist. I don't think Michie is consciously racist and I think with his genuine reaction on finale night (he was shocked and scared ,not defensive or angry) that hopefully he will take time to reflect on how he comes across and do work to remove more bias from his life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This isn't the first time Jackson was told that people saw him as racist. BB gave him multiple warnings in the house and there was the Field Trip. Jackson just never actually owned that anything was actually his fault or something he had done or said, and over the last month Jackson and Holly had constructed this narrative for themselves that Gr8ful were bullies but they were the good guys who turned against Gr8ful and chose to work with "the good people." Its pure nonsense but they really convinced themselves of it. They even had spent the last few weeks repeatedly telling Nicole some bizarre version of events where they were standing up for her against Gr8ful during that bullying event. Jackson and Holly went a little crazy sequestered with each other all summer.

Maybe this was enough of a shock to the system to make a bigger impact. But I think if Jackson had more ability for self reflection and humility he wouldn't be in this mess.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The one thing I'd give Jackson a pass on is the banishment. It was literally just the 3 other people who challenged him, and the only person in the house who didn't campaign to save themselves.

Still a total scumbag, and I'm glad he got called out on his lovely behavior right before walking out to the confetti he was so looking forward to.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe this was enough of a shock to the system to make a bigger impact. But I think if Jackson had more ability for self reflection and humility he wouldn't be in this mess.

Well, he is what ? 24? And has lived a life of rich white privilege with good school, good looks and no disability. I'd honestly be surprised if the typical person in that easy of a spot has a decent understanding of the rest of the world and treats people well. It can easily take to your 30s and actually faced any real adversity till you smarten up a bit. He's still pretty young, hopefully he improves after some self reflection.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The banishment probably wouldn't have been much more than a eyebrow raising "errr?" if it hadn't been followed up with all the toxic stuff thrown at David and Kemi and the very "colorful" Camp Comeback eviction order. There was a clear pattern in that house, they were given multiple heads up about how it looked from production, but they kept refusing to address, consider, or do anything about it. Its why all the retroactive claims from people like Jackson, Holly, and Tommy that they didn't like what was happening ring hollow.

I actually think they really collectively got off easy last night. Besides actual quotes if they really wanted to turn the screws they could have re-aired the Nicole/Ovi bullying incident with Tommy jumping around and everyone screaming like crazy. That would have completely destroyed them even beyond the racism stuff.

zapplez posted:

Well, he is what ? 24? And has lived a life of rich white privilege with good school, good looks and no disability. I'd honestly be surprised if the typical person in that easy of a spot has a decent understanding of the rest of the world and treats people well. It can easily take to your 30s and actually faced any real adversity till you smarten up a bit. He's still pretty young, hopefully he improves after some self reflection.

Well now he's got half a million dollars, a jury vindicating that he did the right thing, and plenty of people going to bat for him that he was unfairly treated and the worst thing you can do is call someone a racist. So I don't know. Maybe he'll grow, maybe he won't. I certainly hope he does but I also kind of hope I forget his name by next week and never hear it again.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 26, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That I am pretty certain of. We won't be hearing about him again. Its going to be the opposite of Jess/Cody where they are marketable for other shows and remain Instagram celebrities.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, Jackson and Gr8ful are getting BURIED by CBS like their names were "BB15." That much was clear last night.

I think the weirdest thing about Jackson is that in all the stuff about him being a bully, misogynist, and bigot we kind of missed the fact that he's just a pathological liar. Like... does he have a sister?

https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1177249721649377280

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jackson walking out to get his $500,000 with a look like someone just ran over his dog was :kiss:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here’s Rob C and Taran’s RHAP backyard interviews, all collected in one giant 2 and a half hour video. Good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKdK8x9jzuE

Ika and ET Canada’s interviews, much more conveniently broken into separate Youtube clips singled out into individual tweets in a threaded tweet. Canada handles things better.
https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status...229511051661312

CBS did interviews but they were all fluff. JC did interviews for PopTV but I can’t find them and he said they were gonna be all fluff (and he’s like a big ole problematic guy himself so, you know…). BB20 Rachel did interviews for After Buzz but I haven’t seen them pop up.

Here’s some highlights from Twitter. Apologies to you non spoiler thread readers for the hell I unleash on them on a daily basis.

Good news, everyone. Jackson is the least racist person Jackson’s ever met. That sounds weirdly familiar. Well at least we dodged that bullet.
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1177323006839808000

O. M. G.
https://twitter.com/CommentaryBig/s...261477209808897

I wonder if Nick is still the only person proud of “Gr8ful.”
https://twitter.com/IGIF_/status/1177311851295772673

Whoops.
https://twitter.com/bibigbrother/status/1177328544172527616

Someone’s going to the Challenge.
https://twitter.com/BB20Brett/status/1177006114065592320

Everyone loves Kemi and is obsessed with her and totally doesn’t remember anyone ever saying anything bad about her. Weird.
https://twitter.com/bibigbrother/status/1177323163127910400

Who had "Jack will handle this the best"?
https://twitter.com/melbrown00/status/1177216841862787072

Nick keeping it classy.
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1177323630532775936

Well at least he remembers stuff.
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status/1177287076749836288

Hot take from the peanut gallery.
https://twitter.com/BrandenTweetsBB/status/1177100984591499264

Kat hitting the big stuff.
https://twitter.com/BB21Tea/status/1177346096592556032
https://twitter.com/liquid8d/status/1177250267936563201

Replace Julie Chen with Ika.
https://twitter.com/Brian_Scally/status/1177225306152800257

Analyse always on point.
https://twitter.com/American_Honey7/status/1177079390083174401

I try to end these on a high note and there’s not much more I find makes me feel good in these than listening to Ovi.
https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status/1177224565099028483

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 26, 2019

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really hope we get to see more Ovi.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Ovi rules and when they inevitably bring back vets next season it better be the three Camp Comebackers (hell, you could even bring back Cliff and do all four).

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mancalamania posted:

Ovi rules and when they inevitably bring back vets next season it better be the three Camp Comebackers (hell, you could even bring back Cliff and do all four).

Who will immediately be seen as a big threat since the 4 are intrinsically linked and they will all be gone after the first 6 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh my god, the Analyse RHAP interview is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Jump to 1:02 into that video and watch her desperately try and prove that she's smart.

Next season I now want Ovi, David, Nicole, and Analyse back. I mean, I like Kemi well enough but I need a season of Analyse trying to prove to America she's smart.

"I'm really smart! I promise! If I wasn't smart I wouldn't have made it through college!"

Ana: Have you guys heard of that?
Rob/Taran: Yeah.

Taran: Its ok. Its endearing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 27, 2019