Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

Is he cold blooded? That other man attacked him after trailing him for a while. I would say its fair play at that point.

I think it's more the "being totally nonchalant about viciously killing someone" than the killing itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah, if you're Koga, even if you assume that Ryuki is 100% justified in painting this guy across the wall, the fact remains that an entirely spotless, 100% not-strained Ryuki is happily grinning and completely unaffected by someone dead horribly at his feet. That's "whoa this dude is a psychopath" territory.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when is the second half of the anime being made?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I just learned that the second half will be released at the end of October. Netflix can be annoying.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I feel like I need to protect that smile

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So now we've seen 2 or possibly 3 of the evil worm guys from their meeting in the epilogue of Ashura. I'm pretty sure Edward Wu was one of them, now we've seen this new guy with the crazy hair who was at the meeting, and the identity of the third hooded guy is still a mystery. It could be Gaoh, but the most likely candidates are Adam Dudley, Jerry Tyson, or Kazzy himself.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

That Guy Bob posted:

Because rule of cool, "Hey wouldn't it be cool if we all had matching tattoos?" "gently caress yeah bro pound it"

I might be imagining it but I thought the tattoo was important for super-secret Advance technique the worm guys use. I'm probably wrong.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
tag team of Ryuki + Koga next chapter?? That worm dude watching the TV requested backup for his (now dead) student. Or maybe the dude will arrive late since he didn’t seem that motivated to come from the phone conversation. It’d help clear up Koga’s misunderstandings and provide some more backstory about the Worm and Ryuki’s past. Anything to protect their beautiful friendship.

Also my bet is on Akoya. I’ve always wanted to see how Ohma would’ve fared against Akoya. How do you handle a guy who’s the same size as Seki, has super human reaction time which would make it super difficult to use redirection/indestructible katas, and is a fanatical murderer without being the King of Bullshit Cosmo?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

There's no misunderstanding though

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Koga's poor heart :ohdear:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yikes. Dude genuinely thinks/feels differently.

Also hyped for the inevitable tourney!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gap moe

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He's just a cat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wonder how this will affect koga's match

https://mangadex.org/chapter/717761/1

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Not gonna lie, I didn't expect to see someone have a perfectly sensible and ordinary reaction to finding a dead body and having their friend who was standing nearby go "oh yeah, I totally killed him, was like squashing a bug, lol" in Kengan Ashura manga out of all places.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Jose posted:

a cute couple breaking up... you hate to see it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The cloak guy is 100% Ohma.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Wasn't cloak guy hanging out with these two nerds at the end of Ashura and talking about Ohma?

Which doesn't actually disqualify him based on Ohma's memory problems I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Caidin posted:

Wasn't cloak guy hanging out with these two nerds at the end of Ashura and talking about Ohma?

Which doesn't actually disqualify him based on Ohma's memory problems I guess.

There are as many cloak guys as necessary.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Plutonis posted:

They're nudging at it to the point it feels like a red herring.

Or is that the point? :tinfoil:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The main plot seems to revolve around impersonators and body doubles sooo...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Come to think of it, was it by chance that Ohma ran into Nogi's original fighter from the very beginning of Ashura and took his spot as a Kengan fighter?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Come to think of it, was it by chance that Ohma ran into Nogi's original fighter from the very beginning of Ashura and took his spot as a Kengan fighter?

Ohma mentioned himself that he was following the guy to beat him and get his spot so he could find the guy who killed his master.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Electric Phantasm posted:

We know Ohma's story.

OR DO WE?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Petiso posted:

The main plot seems to revolve around impersonators and body doubles sooo...

Ohma and Ryuki are going to turn out to be half brothers and both are going to be related to cloak guy. Either that or we'really going full MGS and it's clones. Not going to tackle who got the dominant genes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The cloak guy seems insistent that it's only him who can be the Niko successor/tiger vessel so possibly not who ordered ohma captured

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

Ohma and Ryuki are going to turn out to be half brothers and both are going to be related to cloak guy. Either that or we'really going full MGS and it's clones. Not going to tackle who got the dominant genes.

koga

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Don't you hate it when your boyfriend ends up being a killer?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jose posted:

That was pretty good.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Communication is key to any relationship, and Gaoh clearly needs to work on his if he wants any chance at keeping Koga

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

CharlestonJew posted:

Communication is key to any relationship, and Gaoh clearly needs to work on his if he wants any chance at keeping Koga

"You can't just kill people who annoy you Gaoh! That's not how polite society works! You're sleeping on the couch tonight!"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Am I the only one who finds the centipede/impersonation/Niko plot to be confusing and boring so far? It feels like we keep getting more questions piled on but not many reasons to care.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Magissima posted:

Am I the only one who finds the centipede/impersonation/Niko plot to be confusing and boring so far? It feels like we keep getting more questions piled on but not many reasons to care.

I like Niko style plot. It was never really resolved in Ashura.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Magissima posted:

I get the feeling it's supposed to be confusing, considering how much of it is about identity theft and maybe even bodyswapping or whatever

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gaoh's smile is so pure

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
They have to break up in the first act, how else are they gonna get back together in the third act?!

E: koga’s okay with it, he just lives for the make-up fight

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Magissima posted:

I don't give a single poo poo about it yet, but there's a whole lot of time for it to bulk up and become interesting.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
CAAAAAAARRRRLLLL!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Reading some Ashura again and i miss Saw Paing :c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought that Koga already knew Gaoh had killed dudes and didn't seem to think much about killing.