Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Lemme know when it's a box of MD 20/20 with a bar of chocolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
We are having a cookout at work, so I went to Costco today to buy the Kirkland sirloin burger patties and the Kirkland 1/4-pound all beef hot dogs (the same ones as in the food court) from the refrigerated section. The hot dogs were gone! There was a price tag left for them, and it had the dreaded asterisk in the upper right corner. I had to buy inferior, non-1/4-pound Kirkland hot dogs. I don't even want them, but I had to get something.

I don't know what this means for our beloved food court hot dog. I don't know if it will even be affected. I just know I don't like it.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
Probably just clearing out stock of the 100% beef hotdogs to make room for their new and improved 105% beef hotdogs. PBUC

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Hambulance posted:

We are having a cookout at work, so I went to Costco today to buy the Kirkland sirloin burger patties and the Kirkland 1/4-pound all beef hot dogs (the same ones as in the food court) from the refrigerated section. The hot dogs were gone! There was a price tag left for them, and it had the dreaded asterisk in the upper right corner. I had to buy inferior, non-1/4-pound Kirkland hot dogs. I don't even want them, but I had to get something.

I don't know what this means for our beloved food court hot dog. I don't know if it will even be affected. I just know I don't like it.

Haven't been to DA DOG section in a while, but Nathans Hot Dogs are pretty much similar in taste! Just, kinda small. Skinny and not as long. The opposite of a choad.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That time of the month eh?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

That time of the month eh?

lol yeah...month...

:sludgepal:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Just got back from church, king and queen Sherpas are on sale, and blackout curtains are stupid cheap at $15 a pair.

Also, all of the Christmas toys are in.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Squashy Nipples posted:

Just got back from church, king and queen Sherpas are on sale, and blackout curtains are stupid cheap at $15 a pair.

Also, all of the Christmas toys are in.

Don't buy the curtains. They're defective and missing the opaque blackout layer.

it's not even loving october yet and the christmas music is playing in the store

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of the Christmas stuff, where's the Halloween stuff? Last year they had plenty of Halloween stuff out, but this year it seems like they skipped Halloween and went straight to Christmas earlier this month besides a rack of kid's costumes a while back.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone have first hand experience with the Halloween costumes? A buddy of mine is a single father of 4, and I want to pay for his kids costumes this year.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone have first hand experience with the Halloween costumes? A buddy of mine is a single father of 4, and I want to pay for his kids costumes this year.

My son got a firefighter costume last year and is still using it for dress up. He loves it and it seems to be durable and of good quality. That's the only one I can speak to.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

therobit posted:

My son got a firefighter costume last year and is still using it for dress up. He loves it and it seems to be durable and of good quality. That's the only one I can speak to.

Thanks, seemed like they were pretty good quality. Definitely a lot nicer than the crap I used to buy as a kid.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Enos Cabell posted:

Thanks, seemed like they were pretty good quality. Definitely a lot nicer than the crap I used to buy as a kid.

Yeah they're really good. The licensed ones tend to go pretty quickly so pick them up fast.
My 6 year old has a ninja costume he's worn maybe 30 days in the last year and it still looks pretty good.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Had some time to kill before I picked up my kid from school, so hit Costco to buy a bag of coffee beans.

Spent $174.

Goddammit.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

Speaking of the Christmas stuff, where's the Halloween stuff? Last year they had plenty of Halloween stuff out, but this year it seems like they skipped Halloween and went straight to Christmas earlier this month besides a rack of kid's costumes a while back.

Halloween stuff came out end of July, Early August. You already missed it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GORDON posted:

Had some time to kill before I picked up my kid from school, so hit Costco to buy a bag of coffee beans.

Spent $174.

Goddammit.

those had better be some nice beans

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GORDON posted:

Spent $174.

Goddammit.

das alotta beans

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Stopped by after work and had to snag this adorable outfit. My nephew should just about fit into it come Christmas time.

e: they had about equal amounts of Halloween and Christmas stuff out fwiw

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I;m thinking about thos $174 beans

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And the beans were on sale, too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Nap Ghost
If weed is legalized in a state...would Costco be allowed to sell it? Would they then make special brownies to sell in their Food Courts?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gatts posted:

If weed is legalized in a state...would Costco be allowed to sell it? Would they then make special brownies to sell in their Food Courts?

Probably not. It'll have to be FDA approved and thc dosage is apparently hard to figure out in edibles or sumthin.

Currently live in California and ive seen no thc/cbd products:shrug:

Now if you were talking like, nugs from the pharmacy:v: idk

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Sep 26, 2019

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Probably not. It'll have to be FDA approved and thc dosage is apparently hard to figure out in edibles or sumthin.

Currently live in California and ive seen no thc/cbf products:shrug:

Now if you were talking like, nugs from the pharmacy:v: idk

those barrels of cheese balls, but full of weed.

an occasional roadshow with mix and match 3 pack tubs offering more varieties than they usually do

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Gatts posted:

Costco is owned and operated by a bunch of old men, there is no way they are selling weed without Walmart and Amazon selling it first.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't see Costco selling weed anytime soon. Maybe when it's federally legal but even then I don't know. I think it would difficult for suppliers to be able to keep up with the demand that Costco weed would create.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Kirkland Weed.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I imagine they wait until it’s federally legal before they do anything. Also, I don’t need to buy my weed by the pound...

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

El Jebus posted:

I imagine they wait until it’s federally legal before they do anything. Also, I don’t need to buy my weed by the pound...

Lol then why you shopping at costco, brah?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Looking forward to the annual Marijuana of the World variety jar

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Looking forward to the annual Marijuana of the World variety jar

It's gonna be an advent calendar, my dude. :weedass:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Enos Cabell posted:

Stopped by after work and had to snag this adorable outfit. My nephew should just about fit into it come Christmas time.

e: they had about equal amounts of Halloween and Christmas stuff out fwiw

I would totally get this for my daughter.

Going tomorrow, where is the Bitchin Sauce? In the refrigerated stuff by the hummus? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it so it might not be available here.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

El Jebus posted:

Everyone's waiting for federal legality. At the moment you can't bank admitted weed money.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

In MA they made it illegal for big retailers to own adult-use shops or medical dispensaries. They've also been trying to discourage companies who own multiple dispensaries/shops in other states from operating in MA, but they haven't been entirely successful with that. They were hoping for a lot of small minority owned start ups, but that hasn't happened.

Pick posted:

At the moment you can't bank admitted weed money.

I heard some rumblings today on Facebook that this was about to change? If so, it's a big tipping point.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ah, here we go, passed the house yesterday, might have momentum in the senate:

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/09/26/marijuana-senate-banking-001391

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

priznat posted:

Going tomorrow, where is the Bitchin Sauce? In the refrigerated stuff by the hummus? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it so it might not be available here.

Yeah, should be next to the other dips like the hummus and spinach/artichoke. It's worth looking around for if you don't see it there

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Where can you actually buy MD 20/20 I haven't seen it anywhere in years like Four Loko's.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

Where can you actually buy MD 20/20 I haven't seen it anywhere in years like Four Loko's.

Big box liquor stores still sell it. The Total Wine and Bevmo near me have it, also the Church was stocking it for a while.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack2142 posted:

Pretty much any and all liquor stores in California. And that 1 time Costco sold it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Heading to church on the way home from work today to pick up an AppleTV. What's the return period for this? 90 days? Don't want to get buggered if they announce a new one next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Heading to church on the way home from work today to pick up an AppleTV. What's the return period for this? 90 days? Don't want to get buggered if they announce a new one next month.

It's either 90 days, or the standard lifetime policy. The 90 day limit applies to electronics, but they only specify "Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Smart Watches, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones". No mention of streaming boxes like AppleTV or Roku.

After you buy it, you may want to check with guest services for clarification. But 90 days will, obviously, carry you into next month.