Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

cvnvcnv posted:

and I'm all out of good posts.

thats my secret cap.... ive never made a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Trying to decide if I want to spend another $60 and get Forsaken + Shadowkeep for PC too.

Probably put it off until I see how Shadowkeep is but with cross-save now it's very tempting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
wear your dew rags proudly D2 Vanilla Vets

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Breakdancer is Bungie and the Turd is F2P

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
yea man spend $120 on a game so you can play on fartstation and assburger pc sounds like fun

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/J4TFONL.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol pinnacle crucible weapon is a scout rifle.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And also it ISN'T a pinnacle weapon.

Each faction gets a new gun added to the pool and a Curated version is the reward for doing something of much easier scope than past seasons.

Comp population gonna take a dive

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
sounds like a good change to me

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Daric posted:

Trying to decide if I want to spend another $60 and get Forsaken + Shadowkeep for PC too.

Probably put it off until I see how Shadowkeep is but with cross-save now it's very tempting.

You don't need to spend 60 more for that I thought? Just buy the expac, the seasons are cross platform

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

And also it ISN'T a pinnacle weapon.

Each faction gets a new gun added to the pool and a Curated version is the reward for doing something of much easier scope than past seasons.

Comp population gonna take a dive

Can you really call it a “dive” if 4.5% drops to 2.3%?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
idk, like most deec players I got all the pinnacles already so that mode is for the birds

EDIT wait I forgot it's 3's survival now. That could be fun, I never got to try that in D1. I've heard even a mediocre player can go far with strong teammates!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

quote:

Any Crucible, Gambit, or Vanguard completed bounties need to be turned in before maintenance begins on 9/30 as these changes will reset them; other bounties—Gunsmith, clan, Eververse, etc.—can still be claimed after Oct 1
Prepare for incoming screeches from would-be world's firsters who hoarded bounties to cash in after the update.

quote:

REDUCED THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FOLLOWING PERKS IN PVE:
Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, Multikill Clip, Desperado, Surrounded, Master of Arms, Onslaught
In general, these perks use the same damage multipliers for PvE that they did in PvP
The change to Rampage does not affect the Huckleberry
Onslaught and Desperado now change bullet impact values while active in PvE
Surrounded no longer multiplies precision damage on top of base damage, as it was benefiting some weapon types more than others as a result
This seems big. I guess this is the Recluse nerf but for PvE only. Not sure why Breakneck needed a nerf, though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Paracelsus posted:

Prepare for incoming screeches from would-be world's firsters who hoarded bounties to cash in after the update.

This seems big. I guess this is the Recluse nerf but for PvE only. Not sure why Breakneck needed a nerf, though.

Bungie dumb, oh well since I didn't use those perks anyway. Still sucks imo

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
So are they removing the perks from the weapons that already have them or just not putting them on weapons going forward? I was going to try to push that last bit for the recluse and breakneck this weekend but won’t waste my time if they’re removing the reasons to get the guns.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Daric posted:

So are they removing the perks from the weapons that already have them or just not putting them on weapons going forward? I was going to try to push that last bit for the recluse and breakneck this weekend but won’t waste my time if they’re removing the reasons to get the guns.

they're just nerfing the damage done, not removing the perks

Paracelsus posted:

probably anticipatory. if other rampage/kill clip type stuff gets hit but breakneck doesn't, then it becomes the standout, so they gotta bring them all in line together.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hopefully we get new perks and archetypes in sk but lol I'm not holding my breath. It would be cool to have some truly neat builds that aren't simply ~number go up~

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mazerunner posted:

probably anticipatory. if other rampage/kill clip type stuff gets hit but breakneck doesn't, then it becomes the standout, so they gotta bring them all in line together.

Breakneck is already getting hit by the rampage nerf, hitting the RoF as well is just gratuitous.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paracelsus posted:

God dammit half those perks are useless in PvP already, now they’ll also be useless in PvE? And I just got a dope Spare Rations for PvE, those nerfing sons of bitches.

Bungie... Bungie never changes.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paracelsus posted:

Breakneck is already getting hit by the rampage nerf, hitting the RoF as well is just gratuitous.

Breakneck has always been underpowered, they just wanted to continue the trend

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They had to do something there was never a reason not to use recluse in pve.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Fly Molo posted:

God dammit half those perks are useless in PvP already, now they’ll also be useless in PvE? And I just got a dope Spare Rations for PvE, those nerfing sons of bitches.

Bungie... Bungie never changes.

the perks are less useful in pvp because you don't have as constant a stream of enemies that you can easily kill, but if you do have have them active and someone shows up, it's still VERY noticable damage difference

like in pve you can chain kills on dregs or thrall forever but in pvp you're almost never going to hit rampage x 3 and keep it for more than a moment

but numberwise they were just pretty dang strong in pve. I doubt they'll be useless, but now non-damage perks will actually be contenders. like they said, crowd control in d1 maxed out at 15% bonus damage, rampage in d2 currently maxes out at 67% in pve. there's a lot of room for them to adjust downwards without being useless.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 27, 2019

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Primaries with outlaw/rampage are currently OP in pve, nerfing rampage is gonna make me consider other legendaries.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Don’t forget to add back in the percentage damage buffs that most weapons are getting.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mazerunner posted:

the perks are less useful in pvp because you don't have as constant a stream of enemies that you can easily kill, but if you do have have them active and someone shows up, it's still VERY noticable damage difference

like in pve you can chain kills on dregs or thrall forever but in pvp you're almost never going to hit rampage x 3 and keep it for more than a moment

but numberwise they were just pretty dang strong in pve. I doubt they'll be useless, but now non-damage perks will actually be contenders. like they said, crowd control in d1 maxed out at 15% bonus damage, rampage in d2 currently maxes out at 67% in pve. there's a lot of room for them to adjust downwards without being useless.

This is Bungie we’re talking about, they’re gonna beat that poo poo to death with a nerf bat

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Daric posted:

Don’t forget to add back in the percentage damage buffs that most weapons are getting.

Nah, they're loving with tons of poo poo, including nerfing crits. There's literally no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point after years of the same poo poo. We're still gonna play, but lol it's still bungie doing bungie things. They dumb, fam.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wisdom.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's the stat that helps both super and grenade recharge in y10 right?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

They had to do something there was never a reason not to use recluse in pve.

https://i.imgur.com/CCey9Dw.gifv

switch to recluse

lol no

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m afraid that day 1 it’s going to feel like we are all gimped weak rear end again with very little super power space magic like they hosed up doing the first time. It’s going to be annoying.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
They had to do something to not make PvE a joke.

But mannnn there is gently caress all reason to play comp lol.

Trails better come back soon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

They had to do something to not make PvE a joke.

But mannnn there is gently caress all reason to play comp lol.

Trails better come back soon.

No joke, there doesn't seem to be any reason to check out their new 3v3 Survival mode unless you just wanna do it.

I'm curious just how much easier the "Ritual" guns are going to be compared to Pinnacles. IMHO sometimes the mini-pinnacle each season was actually more work than the real one (40 Strikes for Service Revolver barfffff)

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:

PathAsc posted:

Nah, they're loving with tons of poo poo, including nerfing crits. There's literally no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt at this point after years of the same poo poo. We're still gonna play, but lol it's still bungie doing bungie things. They dumb, fam.

They nerfed crits on minor enemies only where you usually did so much damage you would’ve one-shotted them 4 times over. Majors and bosses were a straight buff.

Edit: and I know for a fact that this won’t be an issue because people are playing Shadowkeep right now and two-tapping higher LL enemies with scout rifles. It’s still insanely fast, you just won’t be able to one phase every raid boss in the game.

Daric fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 27, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Daric posted:

Majors and bosses were a straight buff.

A Straight Buff Boss

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
they gimped all the poo poo we have been grind for months to get so the *new* magic moon guns are op and give you a new carrot to chase

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I think that the handcannon change is going to make or break this franchise for me.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bungie said the weapon buffs even out the crit nerf.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Did Bungie even specify how 'less effective' the KC/Rampage/et al. nerf would be? Do we have hard numbers yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The weekly update stated it would be close to pvp levels, which we do know the numbers for.

I don't know how we could have hard numbers yet as bungie has never given out hard numbers, it's always something players have to test on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

xzzy posted:

The weekly update stated it would be close to pvp levels, which we do know the numbers for.

Well that doesn't sound so bad.

I guess I'm mostly upset now for sharding all the pulse rifles I had with Headseeker. That seems like it's going to be a viable perk again.

Or maybe just grind The Corrupted NF until I get that one PR back.