Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

This set feels much more rare heavy than previous ones. Stuff like the one mana ramp creature being rare and that flash fairy being mythic is kinda bullshit. Drown in the Loch manages to feel generous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

So day one i got four Garruks and three Yorvos so I guess i have to go green.

I did also get a ton of black and red knights so i could go that route. I saw a nice black/red knights deck yesterday but I cant find it on recent pages of this thread. I barely look anywhere else for mtg info so i dont know where I saw it.

I was wondering how the client would handle Seven Dwarves. I only got one copy but I have an infinite symbol over it in my collection.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 27, 2019

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

My rares from my one Sealed run:

Gilded Goose
Wishclaw Talisman
Danse of the Manse
Castle Garenbrig
Hushbringer
Fabled Passage

Not sure if it can get much worse than that. I ended up making RWB knights and going 1-3 because I had no bombs and poo poo payoffs (and I'm bad)

To help with the last part, can anyone tell me where I went wrong and how I could have made this better:

Actual deck:

1 Archon of Absolution (ELD) 3
1 Hushbringer (ELD) 18
1 Lonesome Unicorn (ELD) 21
1 Rally for the Throne (ELD) 25
1 Shepherd of the Flock (ELD) 28
1 Silverflame Ritual (ELD) 30
2 Venerable Knight (ELD) 35
1 Youthful Knight (ELD) 37
1 Barrow Witches (ELD) 77
1 Locthwain Paladin (ELD) 93
2 Lost Legion (ELD) 94
2 Smitten Swordmaster (ELD) 105
1 Embereth Shieldbreaker (ELD) 122
1 Fling (ELD) 126
1 Ogre Errant (ELD) 132
1 Raging Redcap (ELD) 134
1 Rimrock Knight (ELD) 137
1 Scorching Dragonfire (ELD) 139
1 Wintermoor Commander (ELD) 205
1 Scalding Cauldron (ELD) 229
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
6 Plains (ELD) 253
5 Swamp (ELD) 261
5 Mountain (ELD) 265

Not used:

2 Bartered Cow (ELD) 6
2 Flutterfox (ELD) 12
1 Outflank (ELD) 23
3 Silverflame Squire (ELD) 31
1 Corridor Monitor (ELD) 41
1 Faerie Vandal (ELD) 45
1 Hypnotic Sprite (ELD) 49
1 Merfolk Secretkeeper (ELD) 53
2 Opt (ELD) 59
1 Sage of the Falls (ELD) 63
1 Tome Raider (ELD) 68
1 Unexplained Vision (ELD) 70
2 Wishful Merfolk (ELD) 73
1 Giant's Skewer (ELD) 91
1 Reaper of Night (ELD) 102
1 Wishclaw Talisman (ELD) 110
3 Barge In (ELD) 112
1 Blow Your House Down (ELD) 114
1 Crystal Slipper (ELD) 119
1 Embereth Paladin (ELD) 121
1 Redcap Melee (ELD) 135
1 Curious Pair (ELD) 150
2 Fell the Pheasant (ELD) 153
2 Fierce Witchstalker (ELD) 154
1 Garenbrig Carver (ELD) 156
1 Garenbrig Paladin (ELD) 157
1 Garenbrig Squire (ELD) 158
1 Giant Opportunity (ELD) 159
1 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
1 Insatiable Appetite (ELD) 162
1 Maraleaf Rider (ELD) 166
2 Outmuscle (ELD) 170
1 Dance of the Manse (ELD) 186
1 Arcanist's Owl (ELD) 206
2 Covetous Urge (ELD) 207
1 Loch Dragon (ELD) 211
1 Enchanted Carriage (ELD) 218
2 Gingerbrute (ELD) 219
1 Inquisitive Puppet (ELD) 223
1 Prophet of the Peak (ELD) 227
1 Roving Keep (ELD) 228
1 Signpost Scarecrow (ELD) 231
1 Castle Garenbrig (ELD) 240
2 Mystic Sanctuary (ELD) 247
2 Witch's Cottage (ELD) 249

I felt like knights was my best bet but maybe I should have stuck to two colours or done something completely different. I didn't feel like I had any better support for any other archetype though

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 27, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Edit: nvm, incorrect info

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 27, 2019

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yeah this seems good to me at least for now, I just hit Mythic with this list. Doom Foretold seems like a real motherfucker to deal with, I wouldn't know because literally nobody is playing this.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Veib posted:

Yeah this seems good to me at least for now, I just hit Mythic with this list. Doom Foretold seems like a real motherfucker to deal with, I wouldn't know because literally nobody is playing this.

Doom foretold is really good. Remember that the thing you sacrifice cannot be a token, so food tokens are out. I kept thinking that opponents food would be first to hit the bin, until I read the card again. Oops.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Sean posted:

So day one i got four Garruks and three Yorvos so I guess i have to go green.

I did also get a ton of black and red knights so i could go that route. I saw a nice black/red knights deck yesterday but I cant find it on recent pages of this thread. I barely look anywhere else for mtg info so i dont know where I saw it.

I was wondering how the client would handle Seven Dwarves. I only got one copy but I have an infinite symbol over it in my collection.

I think I'm gonna try to build one of the knight decks here since I pulled a ton of the cards in my preorder set:

https://www.channelfireball.com/art...2233.1476816515

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Veib posted:

I've been playing it (fun!) and had a couple mirror matches. It's out there.

Doom Foretold mirror matches are...interesting.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What's the new land/token hate?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Looks like they changed the amount of points you need to open the vault from 900 to 1000 without mentioning it in the patch notes. It's a pretty minimal change in the grand scheme of things, but seems pretty scummy to do in secret.

Hasn't it been 1000 points since last year? If you have a tracker you should be able to check whether you lost vault progress yesterday or not.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GimmickMan posted:

Hasn't it been 1000 points since last year? If you have a tracker you should be able to check whether you lost vault progress yesterday or not.

Yeah, just saw someone from WotC said they just didn't update it on the website until now so people got the wrong idea based on that. Oops.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So, uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMIxniL_II

You can open up the absolutely horrible Planeswalker Signgature spell rares from the Planeswalker decks in the SUPER PREMIUM COLLECTORS EDITION!

I cannot believe how horrible these are.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so can you only play 12 games in this play any deck event

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Oko seems way too oppressive. Great another meta with overpowered planeswalkers. loving hell wizards

kater
Nov 16, 2010

pointsofdata posted:

This set feels much more rare heavy than previous ones. Stuff like the one mana ramp creature being rare and that flash fairy being mythic is kinda bullshit. Drown in the Loch manages to feel generous.

Eh incubation Druid was the dork in allegiance and it was rare. I was originally kinda miffed at the mythic creatures but robber of the rich ain’t poo poo. The flash thing is just a bounce it isn’t insane it’s just more stall it doesn’t define the deck. Questing is a pretty maxed out 4cc creature but it’s still just a dude. Is the black mythic the choose one haste guy? Now that thing is loving deck defining.

I think the rarity stuff is a problem if you are trying to make tribal work but it doesn’t seem too egregious in general compared to other sets.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dpulex posted:

Oko seems way too oppressive. Great another meta with overpowered planeswalkers. loving hell wizards

if only there was a card that killed planeswalkers

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think I'm gonna try to build one of the knight decks here since I pulled a ton of the cards in my preorder set:

https://www.channelfireball.com/art...2233.1476816515

Thanks! I think this list is what I was looking at, actually.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Paul Zuvella posted:

So, uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMIxniL_II

You can open up the absolutely horrible Planeswalker Signgature spell rares from the Planeswalker decks in the SUPER PREMIUM COLLECTORS EDITION!

I cannot believe how horrible these are.

they were pretty upfront about saying that there was a slot or two dedicated to 'cards in the set not otherwise available through boosters' so yeah the low roll is pw deck cards (and the high roll are Brawl deck legendaries and the new mana rock)

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
When your opponent immediately concedes in the 12-games-but-no-prizes event, it feels like you got a bit ripped off.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
My favorite new card is lovestruck beast because he whines when you play him

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Syano posted:

It makes me feel bad for him :(

I want to give him a hug like it's okay, buddy. She'll come around. You're a swell guy/beast.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Syano posted:

That’s pining you’re hearing, not whining

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just watched Nassif playing Dance win on a time out vs Bant Oko/Teferi/Krasis and it barely looked like Magic.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

sephiRoth IRA posted:

That’s pining you’re hearing, not whining

The words rhyme so scientifically that means that they mean the same thing

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Syano posted:

The words rhyme so scientifically that means that they mean the same thing

quote:

pine2
/pīn/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: pining
suffer a mental and physical decline, especially because of a broken heart.
"she thinks I am pining away from love"

Pine is more accurate :colbert:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

For Happily Ever After "6 or more card types" the official rules I looked up say tribal is a card type. Isnt that just Merlock, Elemental, Knight, etc.? If thats the case would a Merlock and an Elemental count as two different card types or just one since theyre both tribal?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't know why but my seven dwarfs deck is 9-1 so far and im expecting to lose the next 15 straight

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

pyrotek posted:

I got 20 duplicates out of 52 rares/mythics from my packs. That seems like a lot?

I'm not complaining, I got a lot of duplicates of cards I wanted. It just seemed strange to open so few packs but keep seeing the same rares/mythics.

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177617899269361664?s=20

I guess I was right.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Sean posted:

For Happily Ever After "6 or more card types" the official rules I looked up say tribal is a card type. Isnt that just Merlock, Elemental, Knight, etc.? If thats the case would a Merlock and an Elemental count as two different card types or just one since theyre both tribal?

Tribal was a specific type created for the Lorwyn Block which allowed grouping of both creature and non-creature spells for certain effects (a Tribal sorcery, for example). Then they realized it was confusing and limited in design space and never used it again. The card has to have "Tribal" printed on it to have that type.

They still have to mention it because of cards like Tarmogoyf and now this one in case you ever play in a legacy format

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Sean posted:

No, there are specific cards (none of which are in Arena) which say Tribal Sorcery, Tribal Enchantment and so on. They need to actually have Tribal in their type line to count as a Tribal card. The confusing thing is that Tribal cards also have a creature type, so you end up with a Tribal Enchantment - Faerie where Tribal and Enchantment are the card types but it also has the creature type Faerie and counts as a Faerie for stuff.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Sean posted:

There arent any tribal type cards on arena and unless wotc brings back tribal typing there wont be as the last tribal cards were printed in 2010 in Rise of the Eldrazi.

This is a tribal type card. It is a goblin card and an instant card. You can reveal it to goblin ringleader and put it in your hand. You can reveal it to auger of bolas and put it into your hand.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ooh it's happening!!!

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Lmao I decide to try the climb to Mythic and got matched against Amazonian. Got destroyed as well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I see she's also on the Simic Stompy plan. I also ended up putting Oko in my deck, but she's going down ramping into Hydra/Mass Manipulation plan.

I kind of want to go more mid-rangey and also I don't want Nissa in this deck since I also have the Elementals in another pile

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

turboraton posted:

Lmao I decide to try the climb to Mythic and got matched against Amazonian. Got destroyed as well

One time I got matched up against Todd Stevens and got rolled with a cool deck so I started watching him and then gave him my twitch sub then came here and found out he was a sex pest and whelp

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doltos posted:

One time I got matched up against Todd Stevens and got rolled with a cool deck so I started watching him and then gave him my twitch sub then came here and found out he was a sex pest and whelp

Owned.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I just hope she is not a sex pest tho. Also I was reviewing the game and she was litening to DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA lmao. Rip Peru

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yep same. I got full playsets of 4 different cards with my packs and little else.

It was all Ayara, Yorvos and the red Calamity dwarf.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is there a way to permanently turn off those stained glass styles so I don't have to gently caress with it every time I build a deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I opened 80-some packs between saved gold and sealed, and I ended up with 6-7 full playsets. I didn't think very much of it at the time, but at least they were mostly solid stuff I expect to try out.