Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

i bought nothing and went home happy and worried im turning into my father too

i dont have to worry about turning into my father unless i start blaming black people for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DiggityDoink posted:

i dont have to worry about turning into my father unless i start blaming black people for everything

:sigh:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

I’m tired of carrying a laptop around and my back is super sore after trying to carry it and my saxophone around on the train today

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

DiggityDoink posted:

some dads get way less racist+sexist when they get older, be like my dad was :shobon: :rip:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

i knew i was getting older when i went to home depot just to look at things like my dad does

45 minutes comparing lightbulbs and wandering the electrical and plumbing aisle for project ideas

i realized this was happening to me

and it didn't bother me a bit

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

minivanmegafun posted:

I’m tired of carrying a laptop around and my back is super sore after trying to carry it and my saxophone around on the train today

I use a small luggage bag with wheels for my work stuff

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

I use a small luggage bag with wheels for my work stuff

once i'm not on call i just have my nice purple backpack saxophone case to carry around

but we keep losing people so my on call frequency went from once every six weeks to once every four :mad:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

how old am I? I'm "excited for the parts to my oven to arrive" old.

I ordered a le creuset and actually said "hell, yeah" out loud when I saw the box in my building lobby

already made stew and pasta sauce in it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
old man stuff:

gonna build a weird pergola in the back yard this weekend

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
that's right i said pergola

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
we have a pergola on our deck. it’s good poo poo

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rotor posted:

old man stuff:

owning a back yard is the oldest thing about this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

that's right i said pergola

you should put a webcam at the very top of it. the world must know what it's like in the pergolan heights

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation

Jonny 290 posted:

you should put a webcam at the very top of it. the world must know what it's like in the pergolan heights

gonna occupy 'em and there's not a drat thing the international community gonna do about it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i built my new nightstand that arrived today and it looks really, really nice along my midcentury modern-ish bedroom decor

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

rotor posted:

old man stuff:

old man stuff - I cleared out the garage, installed some shelves and listened to music on an old arse Sony radio

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

i knew i was getting older when i went to home depot just to look at things like my dad does

45 minutes comparing lightbulbs and wandering the electrical and plumbing aisle for project ideas

this is like my favourite thing to do

I love it there, I can sperg for endless hours comparing shovels or whatever

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my wife has gone away for 4 days so I’m off work and on full time childcare duty. my crazy 2 year old demanded to watch Jurassic Park this afternoon so I gave him his water bottle and some fruit and went into the backyard and cut down two trees with my chainsaw.

now both kids are in bed so I’ll sweep out the garage and then play far cry 5 while enjoying a nice cup of lady grey tea. just dad things

I would love to be a stay at home dad but fuckily my earning potential is like double my wife’s and my type of work (sales engineer/solutions architect) is super flexbile on hours so this is our best option

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
OldJs: got a picc line installed yesterday. At least that means I'm getting nutrients for the first time since Monday morning?

:shrug:

E: Also I'm down to 200 pounds for the first time since I was 18! :sadpeanut:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Gentle Autist posted:

my wife has gone away for 4 days so I’m off work and on full time childcare duty. my crazy 2 year old demanded to watch Jurassic Park this afternoon so I gave him his water bottle and some fruit and went into the backyard and cut down two trees with my chainsaw.

now both kids are in bed so I’ll sweep out the garage and then play far cry 5 while enjoying a nice cup of lady grey tea. just dad things

I would love to be a stay at home dad but fuckily my earning potential is like double my wife’s and my type of work (sales engineer/solutions architect) is super flexbile on hours so this is our best option

whats lady grey tea

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fart simpson posted:

whats lady grey tea

Nothing, what's lady gray tea w/ you?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

whats lady grey tea
it’s really good but only for 9 days

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it’s really good but only for 9 days

deep cuts

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm always amazed at how much crappier Food Network cooking shows look versus those on PBS Create.

It's really weird?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

that comes about 6-7 months later at the tower

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart simpson posted:

whats lady grey tea

it’s tea with bergamot oil infused, which is orange oil or some poo poo. it’s delicious and a pro-steep if you are a subject of her maj

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

its tea with bergamot oil infused, which is orange oil or some poo poo. its delicious and a pro-steep if you are a subject of her maj

i thought that was just earl grey

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Lady Grey tea is a trademarked variation on Earl Grey tea. Like Earl Grey, it is a black tea flavoured with bergamot essential oil.

Lady Grey tea is a modern invention, created by Twinings in the early 1990s to appeal to the Nordic market, which found Earl Grey tea too strong in flavour.[1] The name is trademarked to Twinings.[2] Lady Grey differs from Earl Grey in that it contains additional lemon peel and orange peel. It first went on sale in Norway in 1994 and in Britain in 1996.[1]

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Gentle Autist posted:

it’s tea with bergamot oil infused, which is orange oil or some poo poo. it’s delicious and a pro-steep if you are a subject of her maj

bergamot is an almost totally inedible citrus fruit with a lovely, lovely fragrance. hence its use in flavoring tea, tobacco, perfume, etc

this is geriatric-thread-relevant because you have to either be old, or be fishmech, to care

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
earl grey is my favorite tea and there's a variation somebody makes with double bergamot and it's soooo goood

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Jonny 290 posted:

earl grey is my favorite tea and there's a variation somebody makes with double bergamot and it's soooo goood

i don't love earl gray but one of my favorite tobaccos has a bergamot topping and it just smells like heaven

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
getting into oolong lately instead of afternoon coffee

it is good and delicate and warm and goes well with my sweater vest and afternoons in my favorite chair

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

bergamot is an almost totally inedible citrus fruit with a lovely, lovely fragrance. hence its use in flavoring tea, tobacco, perfume, etc

this is geriatric-thread-relevant because you have to either be old, or be fishmech, to care

its an underrated fruit but superseded for most food purposes by lemon I assume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1UcdiYtOtg

I'd love access to a bergamot tree

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

its an underrated fruit but superseded for most food purposes by lemon I assume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1UcdiYtOtg

I'd love access to a bergamot tree

huh bergamot lemonade sounds kinda good

i may have to go down to chinatown and get my rear end some bergamots

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

get my rear end some bergamots

bergamot in quantity has some laxative effects, see also drinking multiple cups of over-steeped Earl Grey in one afternoon :o:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

NoneMoreNegative posted:

bergamot in quantity has some laxative effects, see also drinking multiple cups of over-steeped Earl Grey in one afternoon :o:

that's the geriatric thread content we are looking for nmn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when i make tea i pour 12oz cups and put two bags in and inevitably steep it for fifteen minutes

....can confirm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
speaking of that tho ever since like age 35 i am INCREDIBLY regular. between 930 and 10am, without fail, every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

psiox posted:

getting into oolong lately instead of afternoon coffee

it is good and delicate and warm and goes well with my sweater vest and afternoons in my favorite chair

i love oolong. pu-ehr is also pretty tasty if you want a really strong flavored tea. i have to drive like 30 minutes to buy loose leaf tea though so i stock up every time i go

Jonny 290 posted:

speaking of that tho ever since like age 35 i am INCREDIBLY regular. between 930 and 10am, without fail, every day.

im regular in the sense that as soon as i take my first sip of coffee in the morning, i have to take a poo poo