Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

turboraton posted:

I just hope she is not a sex pest tho. Also I was reviewing the game and she was litening to DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA lmao. Rip Peru

From what I can tell literally every person online is a sex pest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Tom Gorman posted:

Yep same. I got full playsets of 4 different cards with my packs and little else.

It was all Ayara, Yorvos and the red Calamity dwarf.

i want restitution for opening 4 lochmere serpents

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

turboraton posted:

Lmao I decide to try the climb to Mythic and got matched against Amazonian. Got destroyed as well

Hey there got matched against Amazonian buddy! I lived my jank homebrew's dream draw against her and won with x=10 finale of devastation on turn 4, it was pretty much the highlight of my arena career :agesilaus:

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Wow how would they compensate for collation issues? I assume give affected players a percentage of their opened packs as rare and mythic wild cards?

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I'm betting it ends with "hosed" and starts with "get" but I would love for wizards to prove me wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Now they've turned off pack opening entirely

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Chomp8645 posted:

From what I can tell literally every person online is a sex pest.

Wait are there other reasons to be online?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thank you for the suggestions to put Oko in my Henge deck, after I neutralized a Nightpack Ambusher with it I am now a convert

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

Wow how would they compensate for collation issues? I assume give affected players a percentage of their opened packs as rare and mythic wild cards?

Hearthstone had a very similar problem with one set and they gave everyone packs equal to 1/3 of what they opened. I’d hope for something around that, whether through gold or packs (or gems if we are very lucky).

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I don't usually care about microtransactions because that's on me choosing to buy it and waste money, but they should fix it. That was fifty bucks. There's no way I should have collected all the mono-rare legends in 50 packs without some broken algorithm. They're pushing the mono-color idea because of the land situation.

Just make it random like it's supposed to be. Once you put your finger in the pie and it gets exposed you hosed up.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Come to think of it, of the 6-7 playesets I opened, I know for a fact I got four fetches, four white lands, four black lands. And at least 2-3 of the other colored ones.

Weird.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
So long as dupe protection is still working I don't see why we would get compensation. In hearthstone it mattered because duplicates were worth some tiny fraction of a card. As long as fifth copies are changed to something you don't have, there is no loss of value. (Except for commons and uncommons, if they were also affected.)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Magic Underwear posted:

So long as dupe protection is still working I don't see why we would get compensation. In hearthstone it mattered because duplicates were worth some tiny fraction of a card. As long as fifth copies are changed to something you don't have, there is no loss of value. (Except for commons and uncommons, if they were also affected.)

It still matters if you're rare drafting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Robber of the Rich is scary good

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Magic Underwear posted:

This is my take too. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t mind extra packs, but I got some okay stuff and some crap stuff out of my 97 packs and I’m mostly okay with that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There's a huge lack of artifact/enchantment removal in the set (not a complaint, just an observation). Prison realm and conclave are much stronger than they used to be. Feels pretty fun to use!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

The Sean posted:

For Happily Ever After "6 or more card types" the official rules I looked up say tribal is a card type. Isnt that just Merlock, Elemental, Knight, etc.? If thats the case would a Merlock and an Elemental count as two different card types or just one since theyre both tribal?

Okay that's why I have four Garruks.

Thanks for the detailed explanations earlier, as well, clearing up the Tribal card type.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I made a terrible deck that involves putting Gutterbones into an oven to make it into food then reanimating it to do it repeatedly, and I like imagining a witch making endless skeleton pie

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

vegetables posted:

I made a terrible deck that involves putting Gutterbones into an oven to make it into food then reanimating it to do it repeatedly, and I like imagining a witch making endless skeleton pie

Feed it kitty instead and you can ping your opponent while you do it: https://scryfall.com/card/eld/81/cauldron-familiar

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I had an opponent play two cats and two ovens by turn 4 and it's pretty hard to beat. Not a bo3 deck obviously.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's so many combinations I thought M20 was the jank set but holy cow

I need so many wildcards and yet I must wait for 5k drafts

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

bake your cat into a pie, then when you go to eat the pie the cat jumps out and scratches your opponent! good kitty :kimchi:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Still adjusting my RDW, but in addition to fervent knight and robber, I've been pretty pleased with rimrock knight (whose adventure AND creature both work quite well with fervent) and my currently-one-of the adventure giant.

tempted to finish the playset of the adventure giant, it's also in that nonsense rakdos aggro deck with way too many rares

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Still adjusting my RDW, but in addition to fervent knight and robber, I've been pretty pleased with rimrock knight (whose adventure AND creature both work quite well with fervent) and my currently-one-of the adventure giant.

tempted to finish the playset of the adventure giant, it's also in that nonsense rakdos aggro deck with way too many rares

I feel like crafting 4 Bonecrusher Giants is one of the safest bets you can make. It's the next Chainwhirler except it's splashable so it's going to be in every single Aggro and Midrange Deck featuring Red for the next two years. Hell, it's probably going to show up in Jeskai Walkers soon. I'm gonna try that out.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1177667753123164161

Pack-opening coincidences remain coincidental.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I just looked at the mastery track for Eldraine, and for some reason certain levels have a weird greenish background up through 25 (7, 11, 15, 17, 21, and 25 to be precise). I can't find anything in common - some are packs, some are ICRs. Does anyone have any idea what that signifies? I do have the pass, FWIW.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/mtg_arena/status/1177665128193351681?s=21

The issue has been resolved! There is no issue!

I don’t believe that for a second, but I’m sure they decided that since they have duplicate protection as mentioned above, it isn’t worth admitting. That argument has merit.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

I just looked at the mastery track for Eldraine, and for some reason certain levels have a weird greenish background up through 25 (7, 11, 15, 17, 21, and 25 to be precise). I can't find anything in common - some are packs, some are ICRs. Does anyone have any idea what that signifies? I do have the pass, FWIW.

Those are renewal rewards to make people feel better about rotation.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I truly loving hate this game's love of pitting you into mirror matches.

It's day *two* and I slapped together something resembling the linked Dance of the Manse / Doom Foretold deck, the FIRST game is an exact mirror match.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That has more to do with Dance/Doom being a very powerful and prominent day 1 archetype

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Flash fox rider is amazing in Sonic Flash. You can easily pump it to a 5/5 reach on turn four and ambush big flyers or swing for huge.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Scoss posted:

I truly loving hate this game's love of pitting you into mirror matches.

It's day *two* and I slapped together something resembling the linked Dance of the Manse / Doom Foretold deck, the FIRST game is an exact mirror match.

It won a tournament day 1 dude!

But yes, mirror matches happen a lot in non-ranked queues. In ranked queues, it's a tournament winner already so of course the density will be higher there.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Seven Dwarves + duplication spells is hilarious btw.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

:getin:

My first draw was an Oko. I think Oko is definitely a killer in this archetype now, not just for stealing or for feeding the goose, but in a land of 3/3s with no abilities the 4/4 is king -- I ended up +1ing the opponent's board to just neutralize cards with major abilities (like, say, an opposing Questing Beast)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m so happy that Beast Weasel is good and strong and hates Teferi and Oko and is my friend

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:getin:

My first draw was an Oko. I think Oko is definitely a killer in this archetype now, not just for stealing or for feeding the goose, but in a land of 3/3s with no abilities the 4/4 is king -- I ended up +1ing the opponent's board to just neutralize cards with major abilities (like, say, an opposing Questing Beast)

Is that your henge deck? What's it look like now?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Just played someone with (at least) 3 mythics in their sealed pool. It's ok for some

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

pointsofdata posted:

Just played someone with (at least) 3 mythics in their sealed pool. It's ok for some

My sealed tilt was a play against a mill deck that could have been constructed. Folio of fancies, endless milling merfolk and apprentices. My deck was irrelevant, nothing could have stopped that.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Mono green has a lot of incidental hate. Questing beast beats up hero tokens and walkers, ceratops walks all over flash, henge gives you free life every turn against red and the artifact snek is near unkillable against multicolor strategies. It's a lot stronger than I expected for a dumb creature deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It's funny how gross the card collection looks like with all the Duel and Planeswalker decks infesting it. They just had to label their stupid poo poo rare even though its all preconstructed so can't possibly be rare.

Most of the poo poo shitters are easy enough to see they either say commander or trigger with multiple opponents or the planeswalkers but like I don't have any Steelbane Hydras. It doesn't seem particularly good so I assume its not a real card but maybe! I'm pretty sure I accidentally crafted 4 commons cuz it seemed close enough to a real card.