Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the entirety of episode 7 is completely divorces one character from the rest of the established cast and has them run around with a bunch of people that we won't ever meet again, only to end by dumping them right back in town with everyone else. it also introduces a few new characters but seems to struggle with figuring out how they want to use them

i got to this part and im really annoyed now because homeless eighties freakazoids hunting down the rear end in a top hat scientists who caused all the bad poo poo that happened in season 1 is an amazing hook that is considerably more interesting than anything that is going on in town and should have been the main plot

i think the worst part is that the show had literally just last episode allowed the scientists to have a weak redemption arc because they claim to give a poo poo about the upside down monster destroying the world but were supposed to immediately understand that the homeless people are evil because they steal stuff while saying capitalism is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ashton kutcher has always been an insufferable dickhead

he is exactly the kind of idiot who thinks because he struck gold and got onto a long running tv series as a young man and never had to worry about money since and now can play "entrepreneur" while netflix and whoever else keeps throwing cash at him that anyone in debt or poverty just needs to work hard like him

also the ranch is arguably the worst thing netflix has made

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Percelus posted:

ashton kutcher has always been an insufferable dickhead

he is exactly the kind of idiot who thinks because he struck gold and got onto a long running tv series as a young man and never had to worry about money since and now can play "entrepreneur" while netflix and whoever else keeps throwing cash at him that anyone in debt or poverty just needs to work hard like him

also the ranch is arguably the worst thing netflix has made
i gotta be honest, i barely know anything he's done after That 70s Show and Punk'd. just that Steve Jobs biopic, and not even the better-known one

it would be cooler if he just went the Macauley Culkin, Daniel Radcliffe, or Elijah Wood route, where they have all the money they ever need and just do whatever the gently caress they want that isn't acting in movies

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

get that OUT of my face posted:

i gotta be honest, i barely know anything he's done after That 70s Show and Punk'd. just that Steve Jobs biopic, and not even the better-known one

it would be cooler if he just went the Macauley Culkin, Daniel Radcliffe, or Elijah Wood route, where they have all the money they ever need and just do whatever the gently caress they want that isn't acting in movies

kutcher has been throwing his money into every garbage silicon valley startup imaginable and going on talk shows playing the part of "entrepreneur". uber is just one of many garbage companies he is heavily invested in

daniel radcliffe and elijah wood own, they pick quality parts and care a lot about their craft. culkin is cool i guess too, he seems like an actual person unlike kutcher and mila kunis hopefully recognizes her new beau is a total freak soon

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
you’re just miffed that Kutcher gets to go home to Demi Moore every night. I understand because so am i :(

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Dr. Killjoy posted:

you’re just miffed that Kutcher gets to go home to Demi Moore every night. I understand because so am i :(

you mean mila kunis?

also kutchers bff is scientologist and alleged rapist danny masterson

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

oh they divorced

well good for her :unsmith:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i think disney and sony reaching an agreement to keep spiderman in the mcu is more important to most americans than whatever dumbshit is going on with trump and ukraine

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

macauley culkin's big thing right now is guest starring on YouTube channels. he was on Angry Video Game Nerd and Red Letter Media

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Percelus posted:

i think disney and sony reaching an agreement to keep spiderman in the mcu is more important to most americans than whatever dumbshit is going on with trump and ukraine

The nerds sectors poc the internet are testing this in the way the Donuts would if Trump ever actually got impeached. The difference being that since the beginning you could tell this was going to end with a return to the status quo.

Even though nowe people are freaking out its for only 1 mcu movie and 1 stands alone and I guess renegotiation after that. But people are speculating this will be Spideys exit from the MCU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

think about how much money kutcher got for replacing charlie sheen in 2 1/2 men

i wish someone would throw me millions for making some of the most unwatchable poo poo ever filmed

also wood, radcliffe and culkin have actually made at least one good film

even if you hate all the harry potters, imperium and the first lady in black were p good, i never saw swiss army man but i want to

Percelus has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Sep 27, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Percelus posted:

daniel radcliffe and elijah wood own, they pick quality parts and care a lot about their craft.

Elijah Wood also produced The Greasy Strangler and Mandy.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

look if you millennials can't stay out of debt you need to do what i, world famous actor ashton kutcher, would do and negotiate a contract to get paid over a million each episode of a show filmed in one day on a sound stage while having the same dumb look on your face and only expressing the emotion of general befuddlement

bootstraps

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i had no idea that Ashton Kutcher is some big-poo poo silicon valley investor but i'm not surprised. his entire shtick on That '70s Show was being a loud obnoxious rear end in a top hat

not a former child actor but i also appreciate Gilbert Gottfried's post-acting career. he does voice acting and has a podcast where he talks about old show business. he loves repeating depraved stories about Cesar Romero and Pat McCormick

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

I turned it off when, after seeing people living in their loving car the first advice they give is "cut expenses"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Peanut President posted:

I turned it off when, after seeing people living in their loving car the first advice they give is "cut expenses"

you have a passenger seat, rent that poo poo out

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

So I saw your vision board, and the more crystallized the vision of that future you is, the more clear the steps to become that will become.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So I saw your vision board, and the more crystallized the vision of that future you is, the more clear the steps to become that will become.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
hot take: kutcher and milas were the only good 'teenage' characters on that 70s show

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just watched the oscar winning animated short film from 1970 and it is pure boomer, white moderate trash for centrist idiots, narrated by Orson Welles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM2KvijwlNE

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

i just watched the oscar winning animated short film from 1970 and it is pure boomer, white moderate trash for centrist idiots, narrated by Orson Welles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM2KvijwlNE

Imperialism and racial oppression are just differences of opinion when you really think about it.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/frankiemuniz/status/1177639571841900544?s=20

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm not sure whether that request was Frankie being lucid or whether it was his severe brain injury, but it was worth it for this picture

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I see my man Muniz has been browsing the deviantarts lately

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i read once that ashton kutcher spends his spare time busting pedophiles on the internet or something, but i dont know if it was true or just some pr thing his managers made up

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao credit where credit is due

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

so apparently my mom watched the last czars and has decided shes a bolshevik now, which was probably the opposite of the show's intent

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
watched Hustler tonight and its a pretty CSPAM movie, would recommend

miles better than Ad Astra, which had nothing to say

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Wasn't sure were to post but since he makes heavy use of the HBO Chernobyl series I figured why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oENI8NnTx0w

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

macauley culkin's big thing right now is guest starring on YouTube channels. he was on Angry Video Game Nerd and Red Letter Media

Yeah, he owns.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

all seemingly to promote his version of the something awful front page

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

i dunno, the image of subway and dhl on the moon was pretty depressing. same with the lunar war. felt like the movie was trying to paint a pretty bleak picture of space colonization under capitalism

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Do you mean Hustlers, the J-Lo movie?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Do you mean Hustlers, the J-Lo movie?

yes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the marketing for ad astra has made it look like a brad pitt vanity project

i havent seen it im just saying the marketing is really bad because it seems to assume people care way more about brad pitt than anyone actually does

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
ad astra was much better than expected. went into it thinking it'd be space cowboys tier, but ended up being a weird mash-up of 2001/apocalypse now heavily influenced by terry malick.

definitely felt like it was recut and a heap of feel-good poo poo added in after it got focus-grouped

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

final report on stranger things season two yeah that went downhill fast less a matter of the show being bad so much as it just being weirdly anticlimactic with everyone converging on a final boss fight that had gently caress all to do with anyones story arc up until that point

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao Stugill Simpson funded a Netflix anime music video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfLrvaQJtrA

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
While there's nothing particularly new or mind-blowing in Renegade Cut's new SNL video, I think it's a fairly comprehensive SNL takedown for the Trump era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, did someone say Ashton Kutcher

https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/692915871761702913?lang=en