Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Last night I had my first gaming dream in a long time.

I was playing some sort of hybrid of a Souls game and like, Dishonored... I guess kind of like Sekiro but with a female protagonist. I started out in a poisonous dungeon area, there were wood platforms like in Blighttown and poisonous mists below. I was supposed to sneak through the level and assassinate a target at the end. I made my way through the dungeon and found an opening to get outside with a guard so I did a ledge assassination and went up. Now I was in a big open desert area with guards around. I hid under a truck but someone found me and I got killed.

I respawned at the beginning of the desert and chose a different way around. I noticed a guard was sleeping so I snuck by and went around the perimeter of the area. I climbed up on a big pile of garbage near a gate that led to the next area. There were two guards near the gate. I decided to make a run for it and ran through. The guards got alerted and chased after me. Then I noticed one of them was Paul Giamatti.

Paul and the other guard chased me through this new garbage-strewn area - it looked like a hobo camp with fires lit in barrels and whatnot. They caught up and I did some crazy flip move and slammed Paul’s face into the ground. I kept running and saw a small building which was my objective. I ran inside and was in a large room, and the view outside the windows was a golf course. I knew that this was some kind of country club.

Suddenly boss fight music started up and in the corner of the room a burst of electricity appeared. Out of the electricity cane what I knew to be my target - a humongous, enormously obese black man dressed in golfing attire wielding a giant pair of scissors. His body was like Burt the Bashful from Yoshi’s Island, almost perfectly spherical. His scissors charged up with electricity and he fired a bolt of lightning at me. I swiftly dodged out of the way and counterattacked.

The battle raged through a few different phases. His first phase he used mostly electric attacks, and would also fall down on the ground and roll around to try and crush me. This phase was pretty easy. When the second phase started, a stage lowered from the ceiling. The boss started singing some kind of slow jam R&B song and attacking more with his scissors. After I scored some hits, the third phase started. I needed to heal so I got in the opposite corner. Suddenly the boss summoned giant fun-sized Butterfingers bars and Reese’s cups (like the kind you would give out at Halloween) to throw at me from across the room. I got ready for my final assault, running across the room to deal my death blow. Then my dog sneezed in the bed and I woke up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I wish I could actually remember my dreams.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Skeezy posted:

Me too but I smoke too much

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this is the first sign of the second coming of bicyclops

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skeezy posted:

I usually don’t but this one was so weird and I woke up straight from it

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Lmfao at Big Jon wielding lightning scissors

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I was playing Deus Ex and when JC Denton got hit by a rocket, he splattered all over the screen instead of the normal gibs. This sounds like some dumb internet poo poo but it's true. I think I was 15 or 16. I told my parents about it, and they said I should play fewer video games. That part is also true.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probably belongs in the "video games that gave you mental illness" thread but often, when I am trying to fall asleep, I have this vision of sonic rolling down a ramp covered in sand. He keeps jumping off of it, but all I want him to do is stay on the ramp and roll to the bottom. It is in the style of the OG genesis sonics, games I have never played. I've had it off and on for about ten years now. As far as I can tell, the ramp is endless.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Probably belongs in the "video games that gave you mental illness" thread but often, when I am trying to fall asleep, I have this vision of sonic rolling down a ramp covered in sand. He keeps jumping off of it, but all I want him to do is stay on the ramp and roll to the bottom. It is in the style of the OG genesis sonics, games I have never played. I've had it off and on for about ten years now. As far as I can tell, the ramp is endless.

Let me consult my dream tome (consults all 2000+ pages of my dream tome) I dont have a loving clue what that symbolises

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

Let me consult my dream tome (consults all 2000+ pages of my dream tome) I dont have a loving clue what that symbolises

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

heeheex2 posted:

Lmfao at Big Jon wielding lightning scissors

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Big Jon is extremely jacked rather than Obese but it’s still epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I myself, OP, haven’t had a gaming dream. Hell, with Classic WoW our, perhaps I don’t even need to! :angel:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

fell asleep on the train to work and daydreamed a sequel to spiderman where one of the missions was just peter parker getting punched in the face by like 10 dudes over and over

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

dreamt that I was playing Mario party with friends and one of the mini games was who could get their character to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes the fastest without getting sick.

Kfroog
Nov 9, 2012
Dreamt that fully charging King K. Rool's side smash brought up a hot menu of your opponent's alt colors, and landing it would force them to change to whatever color you selected.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I keep dreaming about dying in embarrassing ways in my world of Warcraft hardcore runs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

last thread killed a guy. is this wise

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Had a dream that I was trying to play the new Modern Warfare with some friends but we couldn’t because we were being haunted by the ghosts of my grandparents (who are all still alive irl), one of whom would grab someone and take them up to Heaven, and the other would drag them down to Hell. And then my neighbor pretended to be a ghost while we were dealing with all this and I yelled at him so hard that I got myself and an ex in trouble with my alma mater, somehow.

It all worked itself out somehow and then we went back to playing MW but we got annoyed because the little cutscene before a match where you ride an APC to the battle was unreasonably long and included generals giving the order to attack, the APCs getting fueled in preparation, etc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Had a dream that I was trying to play the new Modern Warfare with some friends but we couldn’t because we were being haunted by the ghosts of my grandparents (who are all still alive irl), one of whom would grab someone and take them up to Heaven, and the other would drag them down to Hell. And then my neighbor pretended to be a ghost while we were dealing with all this and I yelled at him so hard that I got myself and an ex in trouble with my alma mater, somehow.

It all worked itself out somehow and then we went back to playing MW but we got annoyed because the little cutscene before a match where you ride an APC to the battle was unreasonably long and included generals giving the order to attack, the APCs getting fueled in preparation, etc.

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After watching Midsommar I thought I was going to have awful dreams but I ended up just dreaming about playing minecraft and building a lake. I've never played minecraft.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't had many gaming dreams but gaming elements have been seeping into my otherwise regular dreams, like people will talk about how a dungeon was discovered underneath my city and the mayor was hiring parties of people to explore it, or the other night I dreamed I was trapped in the Arctic so I was cutting out pieces of ice to make an igloo but could only carry them over the top of my head one at a time like Link holding a vase. I threw one at a polar bear and it's eyes turned red and it started chasing me, so I started kicking at it while making hooting noises and I woke up when I kicked my wall in real life.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

last night i dreamt that date from the somnium files had to go on something awful for an investigation and the leper's colony was full of permabans with the reason just being "Insane." or "Wife of Insane."

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Slightly fearful chuckle at the notion of every Imps deranged gamer dreams originating from Bicyclops unending comatic nightmare, like a slumbering Old One.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops morphing into a weird steam engine thing like Bowie in Twin Peaks S03

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Slightly fearful chuckle at the notion of every Imps deranged gamer dreams originating from Bicyclops unending comatic nightmare, like a slumbering Old One.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I haven't had many gaming dreams but gaming elements have been seeping into my otherwise regular dreams, like people will talk about how a dungeon was discovered underneath my city and the mayor was hiring parties of people to explore it, or the other night I dreamed I was trapped in the Arctic so I was cutting out pieces of ice to make an igloo but could only carry them over the top of my head one at a time like Link holding a vase. I threw one at a polar bear and it's eyes turned red and it started chasing me, so I started kicking at it while making hooting noises and I woke up when I kicked my wall in real life.

I had something like this when I dreamt one of my friends from middle school who I haven't seen in decades actually lived down the street from me and when I went to his place he had a Super Famicom hooked up to a comically small CRT and we watched each other take turns in Super Mario World with our faces 3 inches from
the screen and our foreheads touching.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Bicyclops stirs in his sleep and every Imp gets a nosebleed

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

in his house at r'lyeh, dead bicyclops waits dreaming

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Had a dream I was soloing the fourth boss of Final Fantasy 14's Eden raid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Update on my recent dreams: in real life I died to a bird right outside of a town.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

net cafe scandal posted:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
before the bouncer came out, i was so hype that id dream about seeing the box in the store. Didnt even dream of playing it just holding it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dreamed that the new crusader kings 2 dlc added an "ultimate ending" and people were pissed off, so I played through it and it ends with your ruler absconding after declaring that the "throne of true majesty", which I think was meant to be like a Gnostic oneness with god kind of thing which all Kings are secretly trying to achieve, can only be achieved by becoming a forum moderator

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dreamt that I had a Level 17 Hardcore Warlock and died to a swarm of aggressive hogs, and I've never played a minute of WoW Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I dreamt that I had a Level 17 Hardcore Warlock and died to a swarm of aggressive hogs, and I've never played a minute of WoW Classic.

Good poo poo...