Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I did it. I got seven dwarves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

flatluigi posted:

Is that your henge deck? What's it look like now?

This is the current list:

I switched out Band Together for Rabid Bite for removal purposes, 2 mana is a lot easier and the instant speed didn't come into play that much. Similarly that has me thinking whether WAR Vivien is the best choice for this deck, I am starting to lean towards M20 Vivien, since giving trample to any of the big bois will just make most boards crumble and then that also gives more targeted removal pressure. The only reason I haven't done that yet is I haven't thought about what to put in the sideboard!

The main gameplan is usually to throw down some beef and stabilize, then draw into Henge for escalation and Forerunners to overrun. Lots of the M20 standard just cannot deal with Questing Beast though, either because of planeswalkers that get eaten by haste punching or filling the boards with 1/1s that are invisible to the Beast. Oko has been good for thwarting opponents' early plans since now they have to shift to beating up this planeswalker that just keeps ticking up and blanks out key pieces.

Other stuff: Yorvo has great synergies and it feels great dropping him turn 2. Kiora is very solid card advantage pre-Henge and untapping the Henge with her is some sick-nasty value. As mentioned earlier Oko is very good for this deck's gameplan.

The next major developments (besides a sideboard) is considering the land ratio, specifically how many castles to put in. I think this is close though, have gotten some value out of Vantress when I'm flooding out and Garenbrig is always welcome so maybe I might bump that to 3.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Sean posted:

I did it. I got seven dwarves.

I've only gotten four so far everyone likes to kill my dwarves

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Doltos posted:

I've only gotten four so far everyone likes to kill my dwarves

I went 4-0 in the "play any deck" format. I was expecting to get trampled by great decks but there might be a lot of people with great decks they don't know how to pilot.

4x of Quasiduplicate, Repudiate // Replicate, Spark Double
2x Mirror March

I have most of the cards from a Risen Reef Duplication deck so I might make it for real. I'm sure it won't be comptetitive, but w/e. Ferocity of the Wilds was fun. I'm thinking of tossing Fling in there, too.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 27, 2019

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

everyone get in here

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am interested in any deck that can run Quasiduplicate, but the dwarves seem incredibly fragile to Legions End or any board wipe. Do you just aggro them down fast enough and hold on to your butt?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I've opened eight midnight clocks. I do not need that many! One might argue I don't need more than zero!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scoss posted:

I am interested in any deck that can run Quasiduplicate, but the dwarves seem incredibly fragile to Legions End or any board wipe. Do you just aggro them down fast enough and hold on to your butt?
He's playing against rosemane centaur, I think he had some durdle leeway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Current RDW build:

16 Mountain (XLN) 273
4 Robber of the Rich (ELD) 138
3 Rimrock Knight (ELD) 137
2 Runaway Steam-Kin (GRN) 115
2 Dwarven Mine (ELD) 243
4 Fervent Champion (ELD) 124
4 Risk Factor (GRN) 113
4 Shock (M19) 156
1 Experimental Frenzy (GRN) 99
4 Light Up the Stage (RNA) 107
3 Skewer the Critics (RNA) 115
2 Chandra, Fire Artisan (WAR) 119
2 Castle Embereth (ELD) 239
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
2 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
3 Slaying Fire (ELD) 143

Bit wobbly on the skewers, if I'm really desperate to remove something on the board it's probably because it can block my dudes and otherwise slaying fire does 1 more face damage (edit: and is instant for fervent knight etc shenanigans). I could also see an argument for dumping some or all of the risk factors, since there's more mana-sinkiness and card-draw or psuedo-card-draw built in than in Old RDW.

In general though, it feels pretty good to run, is slightly more complex than Old RDW thanks to the robbers and adventures, and seems to perform pretty well so far.

i could also probably knock off another mountain, I'm still evaluating how it feels

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 27, 2019

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Scoss posted:

List taken from here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2280730#paper

Domri helps with removal. Other cards that force fights might help, too. I'm really not sure how great it is otherwise but it was fun today. Yes, pretty much aggro'ing them in the face the whole time, while trying to keep at least one in play for future copies.

Separately, if you like decks running Quasiduplicate I love this one: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2298255#arena
edit: That is pre-rotation. Everything survives but there are no new cards in it.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 27, 2019

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Oh cool, the new set is up. Haven't played for months but I have enough gold for a draft, maybe I'll earn enough gems to do a sealed and *forced to concede because of a black screen and the interface never loads*. Welp I'll see you later Arena, maybe next update.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

AngryBooch posted:

I feel like crafting 4 Bonecrusher Giants is one of the safest bets you can make. It's the next Chainwhirler except it's splashable so it's going to be in every single Aggro and Midrange Deck featuring Red for the next two years. Hell, it's probably going to show up in Jeskai Walkers soon. I'm gonna try that out.

Yeah, I bit the bullet and crafted 2 more over my pulled 1 and crafted 1 and so far it's pretty rare for me to go "man, I wish this 4/3 with upside with a shock stapled to it was a random other spell from my deck".

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm an idiot, can someone explain this interaction to me:

One creature in graveyard, one Lucky Clover (copy Instant and Sorcery adventures) on the battlefield.

If I cast Order of Midnight as an Adventure, targeting the same creature twice with both the original spell and the copy, why does OoM end up in my GY?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

fadam posted:

If I cast Order of Midnight as an Adventure, targeting the same creature twice with both the original spell and the copy, why does OoM end up in my GY?
Cast OoM as an adventure. Declare target.
Clover copies OoM. Goes on the stack.
Copy resolves, creature goes to hand.
OoM adventure is countered for lack of targets, goes to your GY.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fadam posted:

I'm an idiot, can someone explain this interaction to me:

One creature in graveyard, one Lucky Clover (copy Instant and Sorcery adventures) on the battlefield.

Sounds like the Copy resolved first, making the actual card not have a valid target, therefore it goes to the yard instead of the Adventure Zone.

Just to reiterate, countered adventures, adventures that get nullified via invalid targets, etc. go to the graveyard instead of the Adventure zone/exile.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Cast OoM as an adventure. Declare target.
Clover copies OoM. Goes on the stack.
Copy resolves, creature goes to hand.
OoM adventure is countered for lack of targets, goes to your GY.

oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks amigo.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Throne of Eldrain: Adventure Time!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What do you guys think of Adventure cards so far

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

zoux posted:

Pretty cool

I like this set

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
decided to see if deputy was better then prison realm and detained 3 brazen borrowers and 2 brineborn cutthroats so uh yeah feeling good about that switch

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

brazen borrower is really good

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

AngryBooch posted:

Just to reiterate, countered adventures, adventures that get nullified via invalid targets, etc. go to the graveyard instead of the Adventure zone/exile.

Interesting. I wouldn't have assumed that, since the reminder text ("Then exile it.") is templated exactly the same way as Flashback, which obviously doesn't work that way.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ran into a Feather deck in the ranked queue.

Glad to be reminded that protection's "prevent damage" is shut off by Questing Beast! The beast does so much

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, seems like the very first thing you should craft is 4x Oko, 4x Goose. Anything else is objectively wrong. After that comes Questing Beasts, Brazen Borrowers, Murderous Riders, and Henges.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Moose posted:

So, seems like the very first thing you should craft is 4x Oko, 4x Goose. Anything else is objectively wrong. After that comes Questing Beasts, Brazen Borrowers, Murderous Riders, and Henges.

I've been playing Oko and yes it's insane, and I don't even think you should play Questing Beast in Simic Ramp. Wicked Wolf is stupid good with a bunch of food tokens from the Goose and Oko.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

A Moose posted:

Bone crusher? Mentioned upthread, shock plus a 4/3? Don’t mind if I do

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

qbert posted:

I've been playing Oko and yes it's insane, and I don't even think you should play Questing Beast in Simic Ramp. Wicked Wolf is stupid good with a bunch of food tokens from the Goose and Oko.

Ok, now that we've established that, what shits all over simic? I saw a spicy Fires of Invention Jeskai Walkers deck that looks like it can overwhelm most decks with sheer value if it gets an early Fires. Then there's the Field of the Dead decks which didn't really get any worse.

If theres nothing that really shits on oko, we're in for a boring-rear end standard

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Moose posted:

Ok, now that we've established that, what shits all over simic? I saw a spicy Fires of Invention Jeskai Walkers deck that looks like it can overwhelm most decks with sheer value if it gets an early Fires. Then there's the Field of the Dead decks which didn't really get any worse.

If theres nothing that really shits on oko, we're in for a boring-rear end standard

I've blown up oko a couple times with my red aggro deck (or event expensive rakdos) and a Bolt The Bird policy - food tokens, in themselves, are annoying, but the oko decks I've seen so far can't really handle fast nasty aggro that well. If you can kill the first elk they have a problem.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Moose posted:

The Esper Dance deck is probably good against it, since it won the tournament yesterday and had to beat a bunch of Oko decks to get there.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

zoux posted:

Very strong. I'm running that dumb 3/1 cantblock dwarf knight in my red aggro right now (and the giant but everyone knows it's good).

Also make for more interesting playing decision - much like playing a 4 mana krasis, you shouldn't be scared to just slam the creature without playing the adventure first.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I just finished an hour long simic food mirror where one of the tipping points was me stealing my opponent's goose with oko so I could slowly get ahead on food per turn for endlessly recurring my two feasting troll kings faster than they other guy could recur their two feasting troll kings.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

brazen borrower is really good

Yeah I’ve been running a four of in simic flash and even without casting the creature part as much as I expected, I have never been sad about drawing a borrower

I am loving this dumb deck now that it is even dumber than before

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I’ve got about 20+ rare and 12 mythic wcs, is it too early to burn em all?

I’m thinking gooses, okos, borrowers, maybe henges, trolls? I opened two henges, do you need a full play set?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mardu aggro is so good right now but it requires so many rares and mythics!

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
sorry to inform everyone but Simic Flash is for boring virginal smoothbrains and rakdos aggro is back baby awooo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I understand that I am exploiting both the end of the season where people are just playing random stuff and also the beginning of a set when everyone is still brewing, and also I'm in the scrub tier
But even then, still feels pretty good

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the current list:

I've been having fun with this, although I made a few changes to make it fit my fetish for card draw and searching my library:

-4 paradise druids +4 leafkin druids
-2 vivien -2 nullhide +4 risen reef
-2 rabid bites +1 oko +1 finale of devastation
-1 krasis, -1 shifting ceratops, +2 spark double
-1 great henge (:() -1 end-raze +2 neoform

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

folio of fancies is a great card in limited

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Anyone have advice to cut or change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ptroll posted:

I just finished an hour long simic food mirror where one of the tipping points was me stealing my opponent's goose with oko so I could slowly get ahead on food per turn for endlessly recurring my two feasting troll kings faster than they other guy could recur their two feasting troll kings.

I take it back, I no longer support the concept of a simic food deck.

...but I'm going to build one eventually