Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Is there anything that smokes henge right now? I'm already sick of seeing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is there anything that smokes henge right now? I'm already sick of seeing it

killing your opponent long before they cast it, with rakdos aggro.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Folio of Fancies + multiple Revenge of Ravens = the most fun* way to win in sealed. Don't think there's a lot of boardbuffs that are popular in this set (maybe the 4 mana white one?) and B/U gets plenty of removal to deal with big boys. Just won one game where my opponent got a T4 Ayara down that I never got to remove and I still pulled it out with 2 Revenge of Ravens even with the ping every time they could play a black creature.

* if you like to stall endlessly

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
What are some good decks to play in the play-any-deck-you-want event? Want to try decks that are "potential" meta decks, but have no idea where to start.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Spiderdrake posted:

You're a little soft to fliers and might want to run the Sporecap.

You should absolutely be running your barrow witches. Foulmire draw->Trade->Witch->Draw->Trade will break people's backs.

Thank you for the advice! I definitely wouldn't have been prepared for the flying meta without spider bro.

I'm 2-2 so far, one loss was just huge fliers and one was T3 Oko

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've got maybe 6-7 wins so far in the Play Anything event, playing a few of the things I found here which seemed popular as I encountered some similar decks.

Rakdos Pyromancer didn't do great, never actually got to play Pyromancer though. Didn't see Narset at all so feeling better about Stormfist Crusader.

Sultai food was pretty fun with some pleasing interactions. This might be the format for a 1/1 cat for 1.

Mardu Knights is fun and pretty strong, being agressive but some late game options like cracking Knight's Charge.

Decided to do my own Orzhov Knight brew as well, surprised to find Tournament Ground is quite playable when your non-creature spells are all Adventures. Another deck I saw game me an idea for going Orzhov with Liliana, Reaper, Worthy Knight and Corpse Knight, just bleed them with my guys coming and going.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
WOLVES

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
fuckin climbing the ranks with wolf

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
That esper doom decks looks absolutely miserable to play against. It's gonna be loving everywhere, isn't it?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Time posted:

WOLVES

Tell me more

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://youtu.be/C3NkRUmUBV4

The arena decklists boys talk about the first tournament results

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Really though, Folio of Fancies is the funniest poo poo in limited

E: Started a new Sealed run now. In one corner, a black pool with Ayara, Syr Konrad, double Bake into a Pie and some raise deads for when the first two die. In the other corner, Dance of the Mance + Stonecoil Serpent + Circle of Loyalty and a decent number of knights and actually good artifacts/enchantments. I know what I must do.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 28, 2019

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The 1 thing that will stop the esper deck is the fact that its everywhere, and the mirror match is basically a coinflip. Eventually, people will start teching the deck specifically for the mirror match, and then other decks will be allowed to creep back into the meta.

Also, what aggro deck pissed everyone off so bad that everyone is maindecking cry of the carniarium and ritual of soot? I'm trying to knock out 45 creature attacks with a white weenie deck and I get maybe 5 per game.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Also it’s slow as heck

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

What is good against fires of invention?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

welp, aggro isn't a thing in a format with wicked wolf on turn 3.

where the gently caress did all these fully completed rare-d out decks come from in the play queue its like 3 days in. guys stop dumping your entire paycheck into the game, you might have a problem

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

A Moose posted:

welp, aggro isn't a thing in a format with wicked wolf on turn 3.

where the gently caress did all these fully completed rare-d out decks come from in the play queue its like 3 days in. guys stop dumping your entire paycheck into the game, you might have a problem

Probably a bunch of whales but also consider how much gold people saved up and also consider the collation error they had this week with packs. I got so many repeat rares for a black/red knights deck that it was a no-brainer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I really like the basic land art from this set. I wish that it would let you set a default basic when you import, I hate the Ixalands.

The Sean posted:

Probably a bunch of whales but also consider how much gold people saved up and also consider the collation error they had this week with packs. I got so many repeat rares for a black/red knights deck that it was a no-brainer.

The "good rares" seem fairly dense as well, at least at the outset

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's kind of absurd that 100% of calamity players always have a shock in their hand. I play plenty of decks that completely hinge on 1 of 4 cards being in my opening hand that I never get and somehow these players always jam it out no matter what

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zoux posted:

I really like the basic land art from this set. I wish that it would let you set a default basic when you import, I hate the Ixalands.

I don't know exactly what did it, but repeatedly choosing the Guay lands again and again has them set up as the default now.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Arivia posted:

I don't know exactly what did it, but repeatedly choosing the Guay lands again and again has them set up as the default now.

They just became the default at some point when they were added (if you have them)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just got 7 wins for the first time with only one loss in m20 draft with blue black, feels good.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Nice. The weekly wins just reset on Thursday but the client says they're resetting again tomorrow like usual.

Sinteres posted:

Just got 7 wins for the first time with only one loss in m20 draft with blue black, feels good.

Congrats!

The Sean fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 28, 2019

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Joke is on us, they took all us degenerates that made Dance of the Manse and put us in our own special hellqueue. I guess that's one way to deal with the deck.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

welcome to the sharktocrab ascendancy meta

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
played a bunch of games with the doom fortold deck, and it seems really good when you draw more than two lands but also less than 10, which is unfortunately zero percent of the time

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The Sean posted:

Nice. The weekly wins just reset on Thursday but the client says they're resetting again tomorrow like usual.

that's what I figure, fortunately I already cleared it because I'm enjoying the first few days of Eldraine before oko and other degenerate nonsense that is not the degenerate nonsense I'm playing ruins the format forever

The Sean posted:

yeah i got like 55 packs for gold plus the random extras plus a sealed run, and immediately burned all my wildcards on RDW / rakdos aggro

i am now out of rare wildcards but have a bunch of good rares that I think were all pretty safe spends

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Played out my 12 free games:

1 game Rakdos Aggro, i sequenced so poorly that i killed myself during a completely winnable game
7 games of Dance, this deck is very real and extremely fun and will be my first build towards, since I only need Dance and Doom
4 Golgari Henge, lol this deck is so fat, I thought i was dead in every game and just kept turning sideways and occasionally you just untap with henge and literally cannot lose from there.

meta is cool.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Got my 15 wins of the week. It was a huge pain in the rear end grinding out the last 5 with only NPE decks but I'm very committed to my draft a bunch and then crack packs strategy.

Now to just wait for the drafts to activate. I've got ~10,000 gems and 100k gold saved for them.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So the new random game feedback thing is 100% a psychological ploy to reassure players that they are heard and their feelings matter, right?

Because I can't possibly see how they can be extracting any useful information about what creates good or bad game experiences.

e: This is an exaggeration; I can contrive certain scenarios where you might extract some suggestive information (e.g., "wow, people tend to hate games more where Dance of the Manse is involved"), but there are still so many variables and confounding factors when you're just polling people on happy face vs. sad face. Taking that set of Dance of the Manse games, do you split out games where one player ropes a lot? Where emotes or pet colors get spammed? Where one player has the totally innocuous username of MAGAQ88?

vvv Fair, I'd been assuming it was random sampling.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 28, 2019

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

little munchkin posted:

played a bunch of games with the doom fortold deck, and it seems really good when you draw more than two lands but also less than 10, which is unfortunately zero percent of the time

Doom Foretold is my favorite card in the set and I've made a ton of decks with it and let me tell you boy does it backfire a lot

JerryLee posted:

So the new random game feedback thing is 100% a psychological ploy to reassure players that they are heard and their feelings matter, right?

Because I can't possibly see how they can be extracting any useful information about what creates good or bad game experiences.

I've gotten it literally every time my opponent's roped me so far I think it just tracks opponent turn timer

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I have 90% of the Danse deck and I think playing turns me into a chimp because I cannot pilot it to save my life. I have a PhD, I’m not a stupid person! Only I guess I kinda am :eng99:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I've played 50 games since patch and never seen the survey thing. Is my feedback not important???

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Tell me more

awooooooooooooooooooooo

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

kater posted:

I've played 50 games since patch and never seen the survey thing. Is my feedback not important???

It is not.

(I've played a ton too and haven't seen it, but haven't gotten roped either)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Okay, WOTC is loving with us. Golden Goose makes a hawk noise, but they already have a goose sound file this set with the white castle land

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

This took me from gold 2 to diamond 4:

4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
2 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
2 Deputy of Detention (RNA) 165
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves (WAR) 224
2 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Oko, Thief of Crowns (ELD) 197
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
3 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
4 Huatli's Raptor (WAR) 200
4 Hero of Precinct One (RNA) 11
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Plains (MI) 0
2 Forest (MI) 0
2 Island (MI) 0

kater
Nov 16, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Okay, WOTC is loving with us. Golden Goose makes a hawk noise, but they already have a goose sound file this set with the white castle land

wtf that is a doggy

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JerryLee posted:

e: This is an exaggeration; I can contrive certain scenarios where you might extract some suggestive information (e.g., "wow, people tend to hate games more where Dance of the Manse is involved"), but there are still so many variables and confounding factors when you're just polling people on happy face vs. sad face. Taking that set of Dance of the Manse games, do you split out games where one player ropes a lot? Where emotes or pet colors get spammed? Where one player has the totally innocuous username of MAGAQ88?

vvv Fair, I'd been assuming it was random sampling.

nah gauging a player's immediate emotional response to stuff is important to the f2p model of trying to elicit emotional responses that are conducive to payers getting out their credit cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and 0/3 in sealed. I am now officially out of gems.

It's a real long time 'til coin-based Eldraine drafting, isn't it?