Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lets look at the Anniversario from last night

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1177999439706955776

Low Desert Punk posted:

Toro Rojo is really bad, why not keep the word Dragon at least

RUSH is El Toro Blanco

not sure what would be good for Mistico, El Toro Plata?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Los Hermanos Toros

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Torostico

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

no that's Caristico's next name

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
El Toro con Sin Cara

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Triplemania being a better and more watched show than the Anniversary show from CMLL would of been something I laughed it if someone mentioned it at the start of the year but welp here we are

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Triplemania being a better and more watched show than the Anniversary show from CMLL would of been something I laughed it if someone mentioned it at the start of the year but welp here we are

I never doubted the Clowns

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

nah, CMLL has been locking down the Anniversario and not streaming it live for the past few years, so you'd get the VOD people to watch it or some of the highlights, but that wasn't going to beat a live stream

plus they've been running low on good main events for a while, see: they had to put Matt Taven into last year's and no one cared

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 28, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I believe it's unaffected in New Japan, aside from essentially being meaningless; there will be a single member of Los Ingobernables still employed in CMLL, the stable there will be dead, there will be no replacement members. New Japan will have a Japan stable version of nothing, that can't and won't have a reunion, with or without the relationship continuing. Dragon Lee (or whatever he's called now) won't join because he's in a feud with Hiromu if/when Hiromu ever comes back, and Rush (or whatever he's called now) isn't coming to Japan because he doesn't want to come to Japan

The group would be fine, I think the issue is the name. Isn't this same situation what cause NWO Japan to become Team 2000?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

This is pretty interesting. Hiromu tweeted this morning he's waiting for Dragon Lee. So maybe he's still going to be working NJPW? https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1177925696976379904?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pinche Rudo posted:

This is pretty interesting. Hiromu tweeted this morning he's waiting for Dragon Lee. So maybe he's still going to be working NJPW? https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1177925696976379904?s=19

I mean he is a free agent and NJPW loves him as a junior

the major issue would be if CMLL has enough political pressure to blackball him from NJPW shows

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I mean he is a free agent and NJPW loves him as a junior

the major issue would be if CMLL has enough political pressure to blackball him from NJPW shows

Listening to the Cub's fan podcast CMLL has like zero leverage with New Japan right now. If CMLL tries to blackball (and they will) I can see New Japan just going welp sorry no, and if you don't like we'll just not do Fantasticmania with you

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

codyListening.gif

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

AAA throwing shade left and right

"It was so sad to say our goodbyes"

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1178040235256471552?s=19

"The CMLL fanboys are crying because they don't know the business. If they knew what you had to put up with they wouldn't talk poo poo. Good luck bro on your championship and your independence. When you want new rivals and matchups we're here waiting at AAA"

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/1177890787289251842

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Is AAA working with any Japanese promotions rn? I'd like to say NJPW should work with AAA, but I know AEW's working with them and DDT, so I don't know if it'd upset that whole alliance if NJPW were to muscle its way into a working relationship with AAA instead of CMLL. Idk, politics are dumb and wrestlepolitics are the dumbest

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Venomous posted:

Is AAA working with any Japanese promotions rn? I'd like to say NJPW should work with AAA, but I know AEW's working with them and DDT, so I don't know if it'd upset that whole alliance if NJPW were to muscle its way into a working relationship with AAA instead of CMLL. Idk, politics are dumb and wrestlepolitics are the dumbest

They had a relationship with Noah but I don't think they've done anything since the last lucha libre world cup in like 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they sent hijo de wagner jr to their singles tournament like a month ago i think

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/Konnan5150/status/1178123923973525504?s=19

Konnan talking poo poo and implying there's going to be some more luchadores leaving CMLL

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Bummer of a time for TJPW's Shoko Nakajima to go to CMLL for a few weeks, eh? Wonder how they'll be doing by the time she gets there in November.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PublicOpinion posted:

Bummer of a time for TJPW's Shoko Nakajima to go to CMLL for a few weeks, eh? Wonder how they'll be doing by the time she gets there in November.

Probably basically the same.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

CMLL probably is going to lose a lot of talent but they'll just plug the holes with other less talented wrestlers. Arena Mexico allows them to weather bad decisions better than a lot of other companies (even though I suspect attendance is going to go down a fair bit)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1178381631800791041

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

both LA Park and now Rush speaking out for Sofia. lucha politics are wild.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
In AAA news, they've uploaded all of TripleMania to YouTube if you haven't seen it yet. You should; it was a good show this year.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

lmao, Triplemania was better than Aniversario. nice tbh

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I watched the video and Rush genuinely seemed loyal to Paco Alonso and by extension, Sofia. Rush said Paco Alonso taught him a lot of important things and thanked him for the opportunities and success. But he also clearly said his loyalty ends at Alonso which seems to be a shot at Lutteroth.

Rob Viper said the CMLL loyalists on Twitter are taking shots at Soberano so he may be the next to leave

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Would Caristico jumping ship be the tipping point it would've been before he went to WWE?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Would Caristico jumping ship be the tipping point it would've been before he went to WWE?

Unlikely. He's over, but he's not being pushed as the focus of CMLL or is obviously the most obvious person on the card like Rush was. It is possible he'd be better used by AAA and could get back to pre-WWE levels of popularity, but it's not a guarantee.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
J-Ru's write up about Rush in the champion poll raised an interesting point: Lutteroth has stipulated that CMLL guys can't wrestle non-CMLL guys on outside bookings... what if ROH wants to book, say, Volador Jr vs Rush? Are they gonna say "no, don't book our guy with your champion"?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

J-Ru's write up about Rush in the champion poll raised an interesting point: Lutteroth has stipulated that CMLL guys can't wrestle non-CMLL guys on outside bookings... what if ROH wants to book, say, Volador Jr vs Rush? Are they gonna say "no, don't book our guy with your champion"?

They almost certainly would

Volador Jr would also almost certainly be pissed about it because by all accounts CMLL talent make good money at ROH bookings

I don't think Volador specifically necessarily would, but I could see some people (like Rush's friends, or really anyone Rush could help sell ROH management on giving a job to) have a decision to make on "CMLL or ROH" if it came down to it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I could absolutely see Volador leaving if they gently caress with him, because he doesn't seem to be happy in CMLL and is just phoning it in if the lucha people on twitter are anything to go by

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I could absolutely see Volador leaving if they gently caress with him, because he doesn't seem to be happy in CMLL and is just phoning it in if the lucha people on twitter are anything to go by

Uh, no. If anything Rush leaving will make Volador happier. He's always in main events and that is one more top guy who won't threaten his spot.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So CMLL originally planned to have their aniversário main event built around a Ciber-UG feud and now Ciber and the rest of Klan Kaoz are gone. WTF?

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1179779065672327168?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like AAA LA is cancelled

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I guess CMLL can run Valador vs UG or whatever.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Pinche Rudo posted:

So CMLL originally planned to have their aniversário main event built around a Ciber-UG feud and now Ciber and the rest of Klan Kaoz are gone. WTF?

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1179779065672327168?s=19

Really this is kind of addition by subtraction.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Star ratings from Big Dave for Anniversario:

Audaz/Cometa/Stigma vs. Virus/Tiger/Misterioso Jr. **1/4
Bucanero/Hechicero/Villano III vs. Azul/Titan/Dulce *1/4
Dalys vs. Metalica -*
Oro/Roja/Mephisto vs. Guerrero/Euforia/Soberano **1/4
Microman vs. Chamuel **3/4
Mistico/Caristico/Valient vs. Cuatrero/Forastero/Sanson ***3/4
Cage match *

Dave is officially canceled for the Microman rating.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You know it's a rough year when TripleMania was the better show

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

You know it's a rough year when TripleMania was the better show

Wasn't it the better show last year too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dave confirmed konnan’s report that sofia is pissed about the demotion and may quit. could be a huge deal if she takes the young talent with her since people like the munoz brothers are loyal to her and a lot of the trademarks are held by her as an individual