Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I have 90% of the Danse deck and I think playing turns me into a chimp because I cannot pilot it to save my life. I have a PhD, I’m not a stupid person! Only I guess I kinda am :eng99:

Just keep playing eggs and removing their creatures and fortelling their doom until you have enough mana and an open window to Dance them to death. I honestly feel like it’s the least complicated deck in the format. All the midrange decks and Simic decks have to do damage and mana math, all you have to do is count to 4 and then count to 8.

Teferi bouncing Kaya’s wrath is probably the techiest interaction in the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So confused by playing Esper Dance he can't tell the difference between a dog and a goose.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Doltos posted:

Doom Foretold is my favorite card in the set and I've made a ton of decks with it and let me tell you boy does it backfire a lot

Emry is my favorite but Doom is up there.

Emry is busted. We have Steel Overseer. We can make this happen again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hammer Bro. posted:

2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and 0/3 in sealed. I am now officially out of gems.

It's a real long time 'til coin-based Eldraine drafting, isn't it?

I think it's two weeks? enough time to milk the gems out of folks with Trad Draft

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

little munchkin posted:

nah gauging a player's immediate emotional response to stuff is important to the f2p model of trying to elicit emotional responses that are conducive to payers getting out their credit cards

It's obvious why a company trying to get people to spend money would want to try and evaluate what factors cause people to have a good time with their product. My point was that randomly sampling for happy/frowny face, without trying to sift out any specific factors, didn't seem to me like the best way of getting that information.

If it's not truly random sampling then that would make at least a little more sense.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Cheen posted:

This took me from gold 2 to diamond 4:

4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
2 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
2 Deputy of Detention (RNA) 165
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves (WAR) 224
2 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Oko, Thief of Crowns (ELD) 197
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
3 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
4 Huatli's Raptor (WAR) 200
4 Hero of Precinct One (RNA) 11
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Plains (MI) 0
2 Forest (MI) 0
2 Island (MI) 0

Have you tried this with wicked wolf instead of the questing beast? Between Tolsimir and Oko it seems like it could be better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Starting to get into some more contentious matches. Mono-B seems like it's pretty strong, Lots of sacrifice and resurrection effects were enough to keep me on the back foot even after smashing them with a Forerunners alpha strike that I miscalculated because I forgot about Cavalier of Night's lifelink. Also that cauldron cat seems fun to use

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
It's 1000% jank but my Cauldron Familiar / Witch's Oven deck is hilarious and moderately successful in non ranked.

Baking cats into pies all day long, what a dumb combo.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Scoss posted:

It's 1000% jank but my Cauldron Familiar / Witch's Oven deck is hilarious and moderately successful in non ranked.

show me the listo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Scoss posted:

Ya I just got rolled by this deck. Guy dropped the 3 black mana queen too and it was just gg

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

Turn 1 Duress to concede is a fun one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zyla posted:

show me the listo

https://twitter.com/suspendsearch/status/1177834349019959296?s=19

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah this is the deck that I just played and barely won against, I really underestimated Ayara and that sac ability.

If I make a second deck soon it might be trying to see if an Orzhov shell would work, I guess that would just lead to the Doom Foretold archetype though

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
The linked deck looks like a real deck, whereas mine is an Orzhov pile that I threw together from what I had available after someone demonstrated the Cat/Oven interaction with some weird midrange golgari version.

The cat is surprisingly hard to interact with and lots of opponents will waste a lot of effort trying to remove it in vain, two for one or worse on themselves, and it's an absolute champion chump blocker. Multiple ovens means multiple cat ETB every turn, and sticking any of the other triggering creatures like Cruel Celebrant or Ayara really adds up fast.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Dance mirror matches are the worst thing ever. I played my first one right out to the boring end of the murderous riders at the bottom of each deck. I'll never waste another half hour of my life like that, I'd rather concede straight away.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Chadzok posted:

Dance mirror matches are the worst thing ever. I played my first one right out to the boring end of the murderous riders at the bottom of each deck. I'll never waste another half hour of my life like that, I'd rather concede straight away.

I snuck two Fae of Wishes into my Dance Doom deck to pull answers like Ashiok and Unmoored Ego out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Chadzok posted:

How does this happen? Don’t you hold up thought erasure to protect your Dance eggs?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

what an insanely dumb spell mass manipulation is

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and 0/3 in sealed. I am now officially out of gems.

It's a real long time 'til coin-based Eldraine drafting, isn't it?

depends on if you think "less than two weeks" is a long time

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zyla posted:

what an insanely dumb spell mass manipulation is

i got mm'ed twice, once to steal my about to ult nissa then they mm'ed for NINE and stole every permanent i had

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i'm playing a Jund land destruction deck with 16 land destruction targets and Garruk as a finisher and it's fuckin' hilarious

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
wow you were really counting on that dual land and field of the dead huh? poo poo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Then you cast Trostani and Celine Dion starts playing "it's all coming back to me it's all coming back"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Eej posted:

Then you cast Trostani and Celine Dion starts playing "it's all coming back to me it's all coming back"

yeah well np ill just get another entire color into my deck!!!

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

How does this happen? Don’t you hold up thought erasure to protect your Dance eggs?

At the dawn of time there was created two Perfect Beings. Powerful and Mighty were they, and Perfectly Optimally would they play any card game they were challenged in. It was Foretold that one day these creatures were destined to battle. And on that day a Perfect Stalemate would be reached, in which Looping Suicidal Murderous Riders would spell the Doom of interesting gameplay. I must be one of those beings.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
assassin's trophy is also way, way more valuable in this standard imo

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

ex post facho posted:

i'm playing a Jund land destruction deck with 16 land destruction targets and Garruk as a finisher and it's fuckin' hilarious

Gimme a list for this poo poo, I love land destruction.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this is not at all optimal and can probably be tuned a lot more, I just threw together as much land destruction as I could think of

3 Rubble Reading (RNA) 110
8 Swamp (ELD) 261
3 Demolish (WAR) 123
3 Tectonic Rift (M20) 161
2 Garruk, Cursed Huntsman (ELD) 191
2 Mountain (ELD) 265
1 Forest (ANA) 60
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
3 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
4 Deathsprout (WAR) 189
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
3 Growth-Chamber Guardian (RNA) 128
3 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
3 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
2 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
3 Leyline Prowler (WAR) 202
4 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
3 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70
1 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245

i just added the plaguecrafters and murderous rider for extra planeswalker hate, but the optimal ramp is to just hit 4 mana and start loving with their land. if you can hit even 1 dual land you usually destroy their tempo completely

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zyla posted:

You don't need to add a colour to run Veil Ina deck that plays Nissa...

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Eej posted:

You don't need to add a colour to run Veil Ina deck that plays Nissa...

ugh you bo3 players make me sick

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zyla posted:

You can splash toast Amy.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I can see casualties of war being a lot better now that green black is back and enchantments and artifacts have found their way out of limited.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ex post facho posted:

this is not at all optimal and can probably be tuned a lot more, I just threw together as much land destruction as I could think of

3 Rubble Reading (RNA) 110
8 Swamp (ELD) 261
3 Demolish (WAR) 123
3 Tectonic Rift (M20) 161
2 Garruk, Cursed Huntsman (ELD) 191
2 Mountain (ELD) 265
1 Forest (ANA) 60
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
3 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
4 Deathsprout (WAR) 189
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
3 Growth-Chamber Guardian (RNA) 128
3 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
3 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
2 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
3 Leyline Prowler (WAR) 202
4 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
3 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70
1 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245

i just added the plaguecrafters and murderous rider for extra planeswalker hate, but the optimal ramp is to just hit 4 mana and start loving with their land. if you can hit even 1 dual land you usually destroy their tempo completely

Seems fun but I’ve only played four games all against aggro and it sucks poo poo against aggro.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah it struggles against monored but the leyline prowlers are immune to cry of the carnarium, so if you can get 2B and one of them it's usually gg

might also be worth throwing in flame sweep for knights

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 28, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That Fires of Invention deck seems pretty explosive

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That Fires of Invention deck seems pretty explosive

I would say it’s pretty inventive.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I would say it's fires of invention, a card which allows you to play two spells a turn.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
God those eggs in the Esper Stax deck are finicky. I've been having flashbacks to the closed beta treasure tokens.

As an aside, has anyone been playing Historic (lol)? I'm curious what the meta is there, if any. I've just assumed it's filled with Kethis/Scapeshift players.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Spiderdrake posted:

I would say it's fires of invention, a card which allows you to play two spells a turn.

I guess you could say that the deck's popularity is... catching fire!!! ahahahahahahahaha *begins coughing and hiccuping*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ex post facho posted:

yeah it struggles against monored but the leyline prowlers are immune to cry of the carnarium, so if you can get 2B and one of them it's usually gg

might also be worth throwing in flame sweep for knights

That’s not a bad idea. My last three losses were against white weenie with hawk and pride mate, red cavalcade, and knights. A flame sweep would’ve solved a few of those situations. I had a prowler out for both the cavalcade and white weenie decks but just couldn’t escape the damage .