Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Zyla posted:

ugh you bo3 players make me sick

The vast majority of complaints go away when you can pull out hyper specific cards that dunk on annoying poo poo your opponent does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah this is the deck that I just played and barely won against, I really underestimated Ayara and that sac ability.

If I make a second deck soon it might be trying to see if an Orzhov shell would work, I guess that would just lead to the Doom Foretold archetype though

Cats with only one 1x food engine in the whole deck though?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Cats with only one 1x food engine in the whole deck though?

I put three ovens into my deck and it’s grindy as gently caress. Really annoying and hard to deal with.

Edit: drat, robber of the rich seems really good. I opened zero. There's so many rares and mythics I want!

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 29, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wowzers, opened my very first five Eldraine packs just now. These were the rare slots...

1) Mythic rare wildcard
2) Murderous Rider
3) Linden, The Steadfast Queen
4) Murderous Rider
5) Murderous Rider

I think I'm making a deck with Murderous Riders lol!

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Card style codes for those unaware:

ThatsWild
TisAScratch
Crumbelina
FoodCourt

They expire in 24 hours apparently

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Chomp8645 posted:

Wowzers, opened my very first five Eldraine packs just now. These were the rare slots...

1) Mythic rare wildcard
2) Murderous Rider
3) Linden, The Steadfast Queen
4) Murderous Rider
5) Murderous Rider

I think I'm making a deck with Murderous Riders lol!

Well you're in luck because apparently Murderous Rider is a meta defining card.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I'm running a Rakdos version of the Cat-Oven combo, Mayhem Devil makes saccing the cat (and its food) extra fun!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i killed myself with murderous rider earlier thinking that it gained 2 life, not lost two :v:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Cheaper Vraska’s that can turn into a lifelink body later might be a little broken

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Someone please explain the cat food combo to my friend who was tragically brain damaged in a childhood suplex.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Wafflecopper posted:

Cheaper Vraska’s that can turn into a lifelink body later might be a little broken

It wouldn't be a strictly cheaper Vraska's, but it would be a strictly better Hero's Downfall, so yeah.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Someone please explain the cat food combo to my friend who was tragically brain damaged in a childhood suplex.

Cat enters battlefield, drains 1, gets tossed in the over, makes food, food gets sacrificed to return cat to battlefield, repeat for each oven. Rest of the deck is just more ways to get food, sacrifice cats and eat delicious pies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wafflecopper posted:

Indestructibles can survive it though!

(I was gonna post this as a joke but I remember that there is a wolf that can easily get indestructible)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

xK1 posted:

I'm running a Rakdos version of the Cat-Oven combo, Mayhem Devil makes saccing the cat (and its food) extra fun!

catdos

rakdos aristocats

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

rakdos aristocats

Dang that is a better name brb editing deck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GreyjoyBastard posted:

catdos

rakdos aristocats

Argh I was gonna name a deck the Aristocats... to have been scooped

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If I have both the 1/1 with 3U: Draw 1 and the land with 2UU, tap: Scry 2, which is usually the better option, assuming I haven't scried at all yet?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bonecrusher Giant is absurdly good

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah vraska having exile was far more annoying than murderboy. He’s more like a more expensive but also faster at the same time chupacabra.

I don’t get the reason for the put into your own deck effect. Is it just so black doesn’t get to pull an instant from the gy?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm in loving love with Dance of Doom. I wish I had the wildcards to craft it because holy poo poo.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Kashuno posted:

If I have both the 1/1 with 3U: Draw 1 and the land with 2UU, tap: Scry 2, which is usually the better option, assuming I haven't scried at all yet?

I would scry, especially if it's on your opp's end step.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Kashuno posted:

It's very situational. Is drawing more lands still useful at this point in the game? Is your opponent threatening you in a way that you need to answer right now? Do you already have a play lined up for next turn?

Once you're late in the game, scrying for the cards in your deck that are still relevant is going to be better. But if you're not under much pressure in the midgame, it's better to just draw extra cards and build up your resources.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

ex post facho posted:

this deck is absurd

4 Blood Crypt
8 Swamp (339)
9 Mountain (343)
1 Fabled Passage
2 Castle Locthwain
4 Gutterbones
4 Rotting Regisaur
4 Spawn of Mayhem
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion
4 Bonecrusher Giant
4 Murderous Rider
4 Robber of the Rich
4 Stormfist Crusader
4 Fervent Champion

I went 9-3 in the event with this deck. Not bad. Almost every single win was close, and the losses were blowouts.

Too bad I need 21 rares for it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Whoever invented this shuffler is a piece of poo poo

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

xK1 posted:

Dang that is a better name brb editing deck

I actually didn't notice that you named it catdos

kater posted:

Yeah vraska having exile was far more annoying than murderboy. He’s more like a more expensive but also faster at the same time chupacabra.

I don’t get the reason for the put into your own deck effect. Is it just so black doesn’t get to pull an instant from the gy?

yeah, especially in an expansion that has a good bit of raise dead

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 29, 2019

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

kater posted:

Yeah I forgot vraska’s was exile and this is destroy. And yeah I’m pretty sure the library thing is so GY decks can’t keep recurring creature/PW destruction

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

All the cards I need to craft are sooo good but sooo boring. Murderous Riders, Borrowers, Fabled Passages

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Doltos posted:

Whoever invented this shuffler is a piece of poo poo

loving wizards why did you invent variance

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I know it’s the end of the season right at the start of a new meta, but I just went on a tear from gold 4 to diamond 4 and that feels pretty awesome regardless

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I'm loving the moderately pervasive presence of fenlucker, cause nullhide ferox is a beating and a half on turn 2.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah it's quite a beating from your exile zone. He's on an adventure! He's not coming back.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

The moonlight through the doorway on this card looks like a flash-burned silhouette of a cat, and I wonder if that's on purpose or a happy accident.

I don't have the resources to make a "proper" black Aristocats deck so I filled in the holes with some Dreadmalkins and Giant Skewers. Then I won a game by:
1. giving a Skewer to a pumped Dreadmalkin, forcing my opponent to double-block it to prevent lethal
2. feeding a Familiar and another creature to an un-pumped, unblocked Malkin to put my opponent at 1 life
3. using the Food created by the double-blocked Skewer-wielding Malkin to bring the Familiar back and do the last point of damage
and it was hilarious.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SalTheBard posted:

I'm in loving love with Dance of Doom. I wish I had the wildcards to craft it because holy poo poo.

Mmm. Just gave that a few trial runs. I've actually got a chunk of those cards already, so that may be a keeper.

It's definitely a control deck but somehow it feels silly too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
So I've run into that Cat in the Oven deck and goddamn is that thing annoying to play against. The engine gets going so fast and once it does you just seem turbo hosed especially once Oko comes out.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Funkdreamer posted:

Card style codes for those unaware:

ThatsWild
TisAScratch
Crumbelina
FoodCourt

They expire in 24 hours apparently

Thanks for posting these, it's just cosmetics but I hate missing out on free stuff.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I'm loving the moderately pervasive presence of fenlucker, cause nullhide ferox is a beating and a half on turn 2.

Fenlurker exiles, not discards. Does it still work?

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
How does golos field match up against esper dance? It seems like that's a pretty favorable matchup since you're not too worried about non-token permanents sticking around.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 29, 2019

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
So far the board states and decisions im making in standard are way more wide open than M20 was. A lot of turns I have like 6 options that are all very close on the patented Time scale of bad————-good. I’m sure the format will crystallize and they will get easier but it feels good and not linear at all rn

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Torbran + Cavalcade is an absurd combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

drainpipe posted:

How does golos field match up against esper dance? It seems like that's a pretty favorable matchup since you're not too worried about non-token permanents sticking around.

Let me respond to this by asking “what do you think the manabase for this even looks like right now?”

ICYMI, Bryan Gottlieb aced Fandom legends with Esper Dance and posted a d3ck t3c=k this morning with the decklist updates he made after the fact. He's not sold on it being the "best deck in standard" but it's very strong in this current "everyone is trying to do stuff with creatures" meta because Doom Foretold and Kaya's Wrath, Tef3ri, and Oath of Kaya is a super strong core, and the Dance + Eggs synergy gives the deck constant gas, perfect mana, and seriously disgusting win condition.

I wasn't 100% sold on Dance until the first time you actually put 5 eggs, 2 Dooms, and an Oath back into play and draw a new hand, it's truly gross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iye4ucYbLpY

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 29, 2019