Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Bedshaped posted:

I'm planning to just rent a PS4 Pro for how many weeks it takes to get the full DS experience and then buy it on PC later on.

That's not a bad idea, but I haven't heard any news about a PC release so I can't imagine its coming soon, and I'm probably going to play this game for awhile if it has the same staying power as MGS5.

Thanks for the info re: slim v pro. I already have a DS4 that I bought for my PC so hopefully I can pick up a slim on the cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Look Sir Droids posted:

As much asI want to play this, I’ll at least wait for reviews between the slim and pro. If the game chugs even on a Pro, I might be okay waiting for a PS5 or PC port. How important the asymmetric multiplayer is will be a factor too. Like I missed out on Dark Souls at release and I’m sure it was crazy different and more fun then. If the multiplayer is super minor, then I can lean towards waiting.

I hate console exclusives that bridge (lol) gen gaps. MGS5 avoided this with a PC version.

I'm worried too about missing out on the early multiplayer aspects of it.

It helps that there seems to be no pvp invading stuff like Souls. I just want to be there day 1 leaving supplies for others and peeing everywhere.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
All I really care about for this game is that while peeing you can move faster backwards so the entire game is people backhopping while pissing à la SOTN speedruns to optimize travel.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

SweetJahasus posted:

All I really care about for this game is that while peeing you can move faster backwards so the entire game is people backhopping while pissing à la SOTN speedruns to optimize travel.

You really gotta master your piss-cancels, and your baby sooth techs.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So wait, what are the chances of there even being a PC port? I thought this was a very Sony exclusive thing.

I don't mind waiting if it's a timed exclusive or whatever, but I was under the impression these kinds of things don't get ports.

I really don't want a Playstation, but the gameplay demonstration made me realize I actually want to play this game, not just gawk second hand at Kojima's beautiful insane vision.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 21, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eiba posted:

So wait, what are the chances of there even being a PC port? I thought this was a very Sony exclusive thing.

I don't mind waiting if it's a timed exclusive or whatever, but I was under the impression these kinds of things don't get ports.

I really don't want a Playstation, but the gameplay demonstration made me realize I actually want to play this game, not just gawk second hand at Kojima's beautiful insane vision.

There have been some indiciations that a PC port may be coming but don't take it as a Sure Thing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Eiba posted:

Maybe. Sony seem a little lax on this sort of thing lately - nobody expected Detroit to get a PC port. If it does happen it's probably at minimum 18 months away though. I'd get a PS4.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You should get a ps4 for bloodborne at the very least

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

net cafe scandal posted:

You should get a ps4 for bloodborne at the very least

ps4 is a Bloodborne machine for a lot of people for a really good reason. There's a nice pile of other good exclusives, but Bloodborne is currently the best game on the system, easy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1175703882325880833

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Kojima sucks at haikus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm not really sure you can call a stick "invented"

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
People call fire invented. I think he’s riffing on the beginning of 2001 when the apes figured out how to use a stick as a weapon. Use of the Thing was invented, not the actual physical thing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Is he talking about Donkey Kong with the ladders?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Necrothatcher posted:

Is he talking about Donkey Kong with the ladders?

Yeah

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What was the first rope game, was it Pitfall

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Steve Yun posted:

What was the first rope game, was it Pitfall

Custer's revenge

'a rope to keep the goodness close to you' isn't a great phrase in the context of early human societies lol

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
You guys know he's referencing a Kobo Abe short story, right?

(Among other things, obviously.)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Console Role Player posted:

You guys know he's referencing a Kobo Abe short story, right?

(Among other things, obviously.)

uh, yeah of course we knew that.

Give us some credit.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bundle the sticks together, Kojima-san.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I am familiar with the works of Kobo Abe.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Bundle the sticks together, Kojima-san.

Together, the UCA will form a mighty human being.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

TheMostFrench posted:

Together, the UCA will form a mighty human being.

Amazing post/user name combo

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
My co-workers, both middle-aged women, have convinced me to buy the fetus. I expected them to talk me out of it, but I was very, very wrong.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hell yeah I just found out that Low Roar are playing near me around the time of Death Stranding's release and got myself a ticket.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Necrothatcher posted:

Hell yeah I just found out that Low Roar are playing near me around the time of Death Stranding's release and got myself a ticket.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

It's like £15 a ticket in a tiny old London church too.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/KojiPro2015_EN/status/1177112037295411200

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Argh release it in October drat you!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

TheMostFrench posted:

Argh release it in October drat you!

Never forget:

Also "going gold" nowadays to me seems like "we now started the next crunch sprint for the day one patch".

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/KojiProFans/status/1178074791485612032?s=19

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
what does that mean kojima

kojima what does that mean

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Gologle posted:

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

The former US is all that’s left, but you can explore all of it (that isn’t voided out), with all the people around our current, real world. You can bamf to the moon, too, which will have more playable area than all the MGS titles combined. Jokes on you though, it’s the loving moon, and it’s empty.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Gologle posted:

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEX3_48GNKM&t=354s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gologle posted:

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

I'm not sure what possible reason there could be for actually going to the moon so maybe the other side is connected to it somehow.

Basically what I'm saying is the ending will be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jMRfv154s&t=35s

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/CHVRCHES/status/1179004894612742144

It's a bit twee.

Buying this Death Stranding album though.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 1, 2019

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

https://twitter.com/CHVRCHES/status/1179004894612742144

It's a bit twee.

Buying this Death Stranding album though.

According to a Kojima tweet, this is the ending song for the game, which I guess gives us an idea of the tone he's going for at the end. Though really, "melancholy yet hopeful" is pretty much what I think anyone expected.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Harrow posted:

According to a Kojima tweet, this is the ending song for the game, which I guess gives us an idea of the tone he's going for at the end. Though really, "melancholy yet hopeful" is pretty much what I think anyone expected.

Yeah, true. It fits with the ending songs for MGS1 and 2.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love CHVRCHES this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I like the song a lot and also CHVRCHES in general

Kojima seems to listen to Love Is Dead about as often as I do (that is, a lot) going by his tweets