Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

hooman posted:

Also god I can't stand the Australian commentary team.

Amen brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Slumfrog posted:

Genia has to stop with those long floaty passes from the base. It's been picked off a few times this year for intercepts, and even if it makes it the reciever generally has no time to maneuver before getting hit.

Genia is generally very slow around the back of the breakdown, a couple years ago it was criminal how many steps he was taking prior to throwing the pass, he came back a little quicker but is still far too slow.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Wales looking good in attack and they've had a few lucky assists from the ref in defence.
Australia has at least a couple of tries in them I think so it's a lot closer than the score suggests.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Team is chock full of Australians.

Any half decent junior footy player goes to NRL or AFL

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

hooman posted:

Also god I can't stand the Australian commentary team.

It is rather homerish, but they atleast speak their mind as opposed to most commentary where at 5 minute interval they declare the league/governing body to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Re the late tackle and dangerous play calls against Aus I can't really blame the onfield referee. It seems like the current guidelines leave the ref no discretion once particular acts have been brought to his attention. Like that fend was great I thought (like everyone else ever), but on slo-mo the forearm technically brushed the throat of the defender and once that happens an offense has occurred no matter what the situation, i.e. lovely tackler position. Likewise that tackle was late, but only very slightly and not with intent, but once shown on review it must be called. Both of these in the past would have been no calls by ref on field I think. Now the realtime continual off field review by TMO takes away all discretion and reduces rule interpretation to the purely technical, which is incredibly detrimental to the game.

And I'll have a large shake too, thanks.

Slumfrog fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Sep 29, 2019

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Note, I posted all the above as someone who very much wants Australia to lose this game

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Prince Harry has looked good kicking since Beggar came off

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Lot of late tackles in that play then....

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh gently caress right off. This is loving atrocious.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
hahaha Rugby is poo poo

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Here we go again. This would have been play on previously, but technically it was high once reviewed.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh thank Christ. I thought they were pulling up the Australian for fending again.
(E: still a bullshit call, just not as bullshit as I initially thought)

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
I <3 Sumo

“When he says Foul play it sounds like Foreplay”

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Oh thank Christ. I thought they were pulling up the Australian for fending again.
(E: still a bullshit call, just not as bullshit as I initially thought)

Haha

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Spark should've sent the entire ACC team.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

hooman posted:

Genia is generally very slow around the back of the breakdown, a couple years ago it was criminal how many steps he was taking prior to throwing the pass, he came back a little quicker but is still far too slow.

The steps are a bit of a relic from a previous age, but seeing as how White does it too, it’s probably a deliberate tactic.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
That loving moustache.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slumfrog posted:

That loving moustache.

Yeah he's insufferable.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Thanks Burkey, a better kick would have let HP catch it, so insightful :hmmyes:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Have a fair few Aussie friends at the match, so hopefully this becomes a better night for them.

though if it takes Australia this long to score a try they're going to run out of time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Goddamn, never underestimate Wales’ ability to squander what seems to be an unassailable lead against a Southern Hemisphere team.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Vagabundo posted:

Goddamn, never underestimate Wales’ ability to squander what seems to be an unassailable lead against a Southern Hemisphere team.

It really is a classic Wales performance.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Thought that offside penalty on Kepu was harsh. He went early, but realised and turned straight back around not impacting the play at all.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
That rip was sensational

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Slumfrog posted:

That rip was sensational

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Aussie scrum got suckered in there. You could see them getting more agitated each reset.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Thats better from the aus forwards.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

What a play to keep the ball in on the penalty kick though.

[edit] Wales appear to be unleashing every ounce of the dark arts here

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Power failure or dramatic lighting?

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Wales staying beautifully calm here, something that they havent in the past.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh God Australia are going to score with like 5 seconds left.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They held out. Wow.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Oh poo poo Cheika postmatch should be a beauty!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo, they did it.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Ok now where is the token irratible pissed off Cheika shot

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Going to go lie down now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God Australia are going to score with like 5 seconds left.

Or not!

Australia had a good period of fight but they spent about 10 minutes shoving one try in and just couldn't get a second in the second half.

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Great win to Wales. Seen them lose so many over the years after getting solid first half lead. Held composure in face of pretty intense second half pressure from the Aussies. Feel a bit for Aus*, not so much coz of the bullshit foul play call, but coz they pulled it back well after a shaky first 20.

*But not Cheika coz gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

What a great game of rugby