Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The mono black cat deck is sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

just got my butt slapped by Mu and Oko comboing together to control magic all my guys lol

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Let me respond to this by asking “what do you think the manabase for this even looks like right now?”

Something like this deck that Bryan Gottlieb registered for today's fandom event: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2302210

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Finished my twelve games today. Was planning on playing 3 games with 4 different decks, but ended up playing 6 games with Bant ramp because it was just so fun and felt so unfair. Also played 3 games with Jund adventure, which was also a lot of fun. You can really get some crazy stuff going when your adventure instants/sorceries trigger 2 or 3 times. Last 3 games was Rakdos aggro, it went well but didn't feel a ton of fun.

Bant ramp will be my deck for the 12-win challenge next week I think, unless something else turns up that I really want to play.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So who else is running maindeck artifact and enchantment hate?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

So who else is running maindeck artifact and enchantment hate?

I found out mid game that Oko's elking ability hits artifacts but not enchantments yesterday morning. Yep, I need some main deck enchantment hate that isn't too narrow. Maybe knight of autumn.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

AngryBooch posted:

I found out mid game that Oko's elking ability hits artifacts but not enchantments yesterday morning. Yep, I need some main deck enchantment hate that isn't too narrow. Maybe knight of autumn.

I totally forgot Knight of Autumn was in this format and now I'm surprised more people aren't running it

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

xK1 posted:

I'm running a Rakdos version of the Cat-Oven combo, Mayhem Devil makes saccing the cat (and its food) extra fun!

This is super fun, thanks for posting it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

SalTheBard posted:

So I've run into that Cat in the Oven deck and goddamn is that thing annoying to play against. The engine gets going so fast and once it does you just seem turbo hosed especially once Oko comes out.

Between cat pie and calamity my new deck is just a bunch of aoe and exile and it's working pretty darn good

I really thought this would be a slow meta but every god drat deck is aggro

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I love that there is deck dedicated to ovening a cat.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

The Human Crouton posted:

I love that there is deck dedicated to ovening a cat.

This is the first new set I've been around for, but the fluff is pretty fun so far.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Shout out to outlaw's merriment may my opponents always forget to run enchantment removal

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AnEdgelord posted:

I totally forgot Knight of Autumn was in this format and now I'm surprised more people aren't running it

I think a green/white spell is kinda hard to fit in decks at the moment, but Bryan Gottlieb put three in his sideboard for today's fandom tournament.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2302210#arena

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's cool as hell that the game is in full release but you still get an infinite waiting screen if you need to reconnect to a game.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I think a green/white spell is kinda hard to fit in decks at the moment, but Bryan Gottlieb put three in his sideboard for today's fandom tournament.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2302210#arena

I dont think its that hard considering the Bant Ramp decks running around right now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Jabor posted:

It's cool as hell that the game is in full release but you still get an infinite waiting screen if you need to reconnect to a game.

I got a network error as my opponent conceded and the game turned in to a draw.

I'm a little salty.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jabor posted:

Same, but needing to close the game and reopen it if it decides your connection broke in one specific way.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
This jund adventure deck is incredibly fun.

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/AJLVrGWZX

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I'm a casual Yugioh player who knows next to nothing about Magic.

Does this game have AI opponents? Like a PvE campaign?

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Ither posted:

I'm a casual Yugioh player who knows next to nothing about Magic.

Does this game have AI opponents? Like a PvE campaign?

It has a tutorial and a single game vs. bot mode. You won't get much out of this game if you only want to play solo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Most of your early opponents will play like an AI though amirite :v:

A story game with MTG deck building/matches as its combat mechanic could be cool but that would be a different product entirely... oh Shandalar...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Just scrolled through the Eldraine pass, and at the top after level 110 is just an infinity symbol. Is that for prestige or something? It would be neat to have a payoff for overcapping it I guess.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

moush posted:

This jund adventure deck is incredibly fun.

https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/AJLVrGWZX

3 or 4 Lucky Clovers turns a Murderous Rider into a board wipe, and if they have more clovers than you have creatures then the Rider ends up in the yard, where it's that much easier to recur.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Justin_Brett posted:

Just scrolled through the Eldraine pass, and at the top after level 110 is just an infinity symbol. Is that for prestige or something? It would be neat to have a payoff for overcapping it I guess.

I think they said you can just keep getting XP after you hit 110 and for each level's worth they'll give you an uncommon ICR (that has a chance to be rare or mythic)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am excited to make multiple decks for this Standard, I am sitting on a pile of gems and gold and need to draft with them!

I already bought the pass for "free" but will probably end up throwing another $20 into the pot

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I think the mono black cat deck is fun because while it is creature based, you're not really that into attacking or real blocking so it feels like you're playing on a different axis to your opponent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My serious business deck is probably going to be Simic Henge, my goof decks will be Mardu Aristocats and Abzan Wolves. Probably have a red aggro deck for questing, also should tweak Sultai Yarok with new cards

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My serious business deck is probably going to be Simic Henge, my goof decks will be Mardu Aristocats and Abzan Wolves. Probably have a red aggro deck for questing, also should tweak Sultai Yarok with new cards

Henge is real annoying when it comes out.

That Bant ramp deck is real fun for a "slow" deck.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Should anyone find themselves at a wildcard shortage to start rotation regular-rear end Yarok Fields is still perfectly capable of cleaning house in Bo1. I'm in the high 60% WR with it. I mostly lose to Cavalcade if I don't have a grazer out to start.

You can put in a regular Evolving Wilds for the Fabled Passage, but you probably want to be crafting those anyway.

4 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
1 Swamp (ELD) 261
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
2 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
4 Circuitous Route (GRN) 125
2 Deathsprout (WAR) 189
1 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258
4 Cavalier of Thorns (M20) 167
3 Yarok, the Desecrated (M20) 220
2 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
1 Dimir Guildgate (GRN) 245
2 Dismal Backwater (M20) 245
2 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
1 Golgari Guildgate (GRN) 248
2 Island (ELD) 257
2 Jungle Hollow (M20) 248
2 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
2 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
2 Thornwood Falls (M20) 258
4 Field of the Dead (M20) 247
2 Forest (ELD) 266
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Got mono red cavalcade going at the minute, will be drafting when that comes out and will probably diversify into some kind of UR Irencrag Pyromancer or simic ramp/flash deck

I did just open a Doom Foretold but no way am I throwing wildcards at that just yet

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

IMJack posted:

3 or 4 Lucky Clovers turns a Murderous Rider into a board wipe, and if they have more clovers than you have creatures then the Rider ends up in the yard, where it's that much easier to recur.

Doesn't that also mean you eat a lava axe and a half

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Eej posted:

Doesn't that also mean you eat a lava axe and a half

You only eat the life loss if the copies resolve, so it depends on the situation. If a creature represents 2+ damage to you, it's probably worth it. Plus you can always play the Rider out and have lifelink going.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

drainpipe posted:

Something like this deck that Bryan Gottlieb registered for today's fandom event: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2302210

Played this deck in 3 games of the play anything event. Can confirm still good. The mana base felt fine.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
OK, so this deck was working okay last night, but today I have not drawn a pyromancer. Full stop. Five matches with no pyro draws in the first twenty cards, and then three matches where I just mulliganed until I saw one (mull'ed down to 4, 3, 3 respectively and lost). That said, when you draw a pyro early you can just wreck shop:

4 Hard Cover (M20) 63
11 Mountain (ANA) 64
2 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer (WAR) 234
4 Irencrag Pyromancer (ELD) 128
13 Island (ANA) 62
4 Chemister's Insight (GRN) 32
4 Opt (ELD) 59
4 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
4 Shock (M20) 160
2 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43
2 Mass Manipulation (RNA) 42
3 Slaying Fire (ELD) 143
1 Electrodominance (RNA) 99
2 Radical Idea (GRN) 52

There's obviously just some random poo poo in there- the electrodominance, for example- but the goal is to stick a pyro, slap a hard cover on it or on a servo token, and just ping over and over

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Electrodominance read like such a powerful card when it was spoiled but I almost never see it

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Here's a monogreen that I made that does pretty well, but I would like some suggestions for improvements. I only started playing Magic like a month ago.

If I can get out Yorvo, Nissa, and/or Henge it's usually game over

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's brokener stuff to do with lotsa mana.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Electrodominance read like such a powerful card when it was spoiled but I almost never see it

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
The shuffler seems to have become sentient and evil and knows I totally don’t want four apparitions prior to putting a single counter on my pride mate. It gives it to me anyway :argh:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheMaestroso posted:

You only eat the life loss if the copies resolve, so it depends on the situation. If a creature represents 2+ damage to you, it's probably worth it. Plus you can always play the Rider out and have lifelink going.

Sure but like pay 8 life to board wipe against a deck that is likely punching you in the face seems like a bad deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Eej posted:

Sure but like pay 8 life to board wipe against a deck that is likely punching you in the face seems like a bad deal.

TBF, I wouldn't try to do that against a deck like Cavalcade or Rakdos, that seems like a bad idea. Stomp (Bonecrusher Giant) would be a good substitution against those low-to-the-ground aggro decks.