Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
Is the bear supposed to spawn in The Wolf Man? The first run it came out of nowhere and mauled him to death while we unloaded on it, the second run we hashed out a plan for this, but he was at a different spot and the bear didn't even show up. Thought maybe it was just a random wilderness spawn and not scripted after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Bloodcider posted:

Is the bear supposed to spawn in The Wolf Man? The first run it came out of nowhere and mauled him to death while we unloaded on it, the second run we hashed out a plan for this, but he was at a different spot and the bear didn't even show up. Thought maybe it was just a random wilderness spawn and not scripted after that.

If it helps any, I have done it three times and not seen a single bear. But also, I was soloing it, cause I lack friends to play with (psn handle is Robo-Raptor, if anyone wants to add me and help with that)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was just running a bounty in Lemoyne when I got attacked in the swamp. I finished off the attackers but my bounty got knocked off the horse. I went to pick him up and he started slithering away oddly in the dark. I thought the game was bugging out , until the Alligator let go of him and started coming at me lol

So that was a new one.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I just now read the part in that VG247 interview where they discuss adding photography as part of a role, and I just want to say that I am so ready. I haven't used the camera much at all because there hasn't been a ton of incentive, but I'm excited by the prospect of them adding one. That sounds really cool. I want to be this world's Ansel Adams. Incel Sadams.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

fisherman role better let me take pics w my fish

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

free hubcaps posted:

fisherman role better let me take pics w my fish

Agreed.

I really hope they come through with this stuff the way they're talking. It sounds really awesome to me. I just hope it doesn't fall through or come up drastically short. I'd personally say Rockstar generally delivers, but regardless, poo poo happens and the video game industry is notoriously unstable in a few senses, so yeah.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Bloodcider posted:

It's randomly scripted to appear at the right most spawn. Sometimes it's the bear, other times it's the wolves. You'll know it's the bear if you Eagle Eye and see him sitting over there by the tree. He'll yell "GRIZZLY!" or "She's coming!" when you get close enough to trigger the encounter. You can also see the bear further in the little cave, which makes it easier to take it out before it gets to him.

On the highest difficulty, there's a second grizzly that will almost always show up if you have to take him to the prison wagon in the north, just before you get into town so be ready with a shotgun and dead eye to blow it apart. There was only one time where the grizzly didn't show up for me on the highest difficulty while running him to that wagon, but that might have just been a weird little bug in that moment.

You can herd the Wolf Man too, to avoid letting him get too far away. You can't skin the wolves either so no point in wasting time trying. Just focus on getting them down and getting him out of there.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Transmogrifier posted:

According to a Reddit post, animals not spawning is a bug that they're working on. It's really frustrating though in the meantime.

I am drat near to the point I would put down real life dollars on the bug being related to player density. Managed to record this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U86ljoQPlqg

Black screen to empty lobby off bounty board, confirmed player population a few times, animals everywhere. Camp pitched on command twice within seconds of using the menu compared to it never being pitched/Cripps packed up your camp/being pitched five minutes later if it works. Turn in bounty, change outfit on horse, dismiss horse, summon hunting wagon because hey animals yay! Server repopulated in that time and animals vanished. Gonna send this off to Rockstar via their feedback page and I would think they know about some connection between player population and world activity, but it never hurts to have extra documentation.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Come to think of it maybe I didn't shoot him, maybe the bear did the work for me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Had a bug I never encountered before. My friends and I did a six man bounty hunt. I was on my horse, and used my bolas to catch a few before they could run. One that my friends missed looked like he was going to escape, so I drew my lasso, got off my horse, and tackled him. But then I didn't have an option to hog tie him. I let him go and tried to reselect my lasso, only to discover it was gone. Both lassos were gone, actually--reinforced and normal. They didn't return until we finished the bounty, which was much harder to do without being able to tie anyone!

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm finally reading one of the articles about the future of RDRO and this is very important:

quote:

even buy a canine companion, which, by the way, the developers say they’d like to let you take out on missions with you in the future.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
How can I add the weapons locker to camp? Is that tied to one of the roles? I am only at like 3 for each of them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

How can I add the weapons locker to camp? Is that tied to one of the roles? I am only at like 3 for each of them.

Its unlockable at trader rank 5 I think, then you can buy it at the wilderness outfitters

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Transmogrifier posted:

I'm finally reading one of the articles about the future of RDRO and this is very important:

You can get a dog from Cripps for your camp atm

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Donovan Trip posted:

You can get a dog from Cripps for your camp atm

Yes I know, but I want to take Hup out with me. :colbert:

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

They need to add like 8 new breeds for players to own, the selection is not great. There’s lots more dogs in game.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Funso Banjo posted:

They need to add like 8 new breeds for players to own, the selection is not great. There’s lots more dogs in game.

I didn't even learn there was a poodle breed in the game until a few weeks ago!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Funso Banjo posted:

Manzanita has a husky and I want to take that sweet boyboah home with me

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

Pupling justista!

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I had the brilliant idea to just ride up to the wolfman, lasso him, and drag his rear end off while trying to outrun the wolves with my Turkoman. But I failed the mission because he died from being dragged. I thought they said dead or alive?! :argh:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Transmogrifier posted:

Same. If you can take them hunting and have a whole pet system that'd be so cool.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

free hubcaps posted:

Pupling justista!

:neckbeard:

Vastarien posted:

I had the brilliant idea to just ride up to the wolfman, lasso him, and drag his rear end off while trying to outrun the wolves with my Turkoman. But I failed the mission because he died from being dragged. I thought they said dead or alive?! :argh:

On higher difficulties, he has to be alive.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Transmogrifier posted:

Then add me on Xbox :)

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

hup posted:

Ha! Sadly I'm on PS4 otherwise I would. :)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Vastarien posted:

this works for every bounty if you remember to tie em up and throw them on the horse before its too late

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

hup posted:

I'll add ya pardner, gamertag hup?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Finally got collector 20. Definitely easy with that map linked previously.
BH, however, is proving to be tedious. Lots of bugs to iron out there. Trader feels impossible with the animals spawn bugs, unfortunately. Hopefully RS rolls some fixes out in the near future.
I've noticed that the daily bounty for doing bounties from a certain region don't register if they're turned into a sheriff's office in a different region, too. One of today's is 2 bounties from New Austin bounty boards. Grabbed one from Armadillo, and it ended at the Armadillo sheriff's office. Got credit. Grabbed another from MacFarlane's Ranch, which ended in Blackwater. I did not get credit for that one.
Same thing happened when it was West Elizabeth bounties when I had one start in West Elizabeth & ended in New Austin. Kinda of odd.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

I'll add ya pardner, gamertag hup?

The tag is actually Spaceman Bill, but feel free!

(I want to change it but have no idea how the new name system plays with this game)

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
that's the way it is :smith:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How do I stop racking up huge bounties? Haven't played this game since release. I was walking through a town and stood near some people, and one of them got very pissed off. Kept telling me to go on, git. I didn't, cause what the gently caress. Then he pulled a gun out and started shooting at me. I shot back and long story short I ended up with a bounty in the region of 500 something.

I've also been wearing an executioner's hood to rob and murder, and it doesn't stop the authorities knowing it's arthur after investigating.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Just want to say that I think they did a great job at making the roles make you explore areas you may not have visited, in their own ways (with collector likely being the best at it due to its nature). I've been places in this game for the first time in my 150+ hours of playing since the roles were released.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Qubee posted:

How do I stop racking up huge bounties? Haven't played this game since release. I was walking through a town and stood near some people, and one of them got very pissed off. Kept telling me to go on, git. I didn't, cause what the gently caress. Then he pulled a gun out and started shooting at me. I shot back and long story short I ended up with a bounty in the region of 500 something.

I've also been wearing an executioner's hood to rob and murder, and it doesn't stop the authorities knowing it's arthur after investigating.

Don't do the long story short part.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

So every time some fucknut starts something, I need to roll over and take it, and then pay a fine when the sheriffs come to arrest me instead of him?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Or just tell them to calm down.

Or run away.

Try not to do crime in town in plainsight in the daytime. Even at night it pays to creep around in back alleys if you wanna get away with murder and/or robbery.

And in the game.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I still haven’t figured out what the point of the masks are

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
I'm getting the camp glitch in online, which means i can't set up camp, which means i can't do any trader-related stuff. So that's been really dope. I thought i had a workaround by taking a bounty mission, then setting up a camp while i'm in a private lobby, but the camp will literally disappear after about fifteen minutes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Chello De Don posted:

I'm getting the camp glitch in online, which means i can't set up camp, which means i can't do any trader-related stuff. So that's been really dope. I thought i had a workaround by taking a bounty mission, then setting up a camp while i'm in a private lobby, but the camp will literally disappear after about fifteen minutes

Yeah the camp bug was gone for a few days but it seems like it's back.

My dog misses me and needs pats

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If my layman-rear end had to guess it’s that there are only so many slots per region per server to pitch a camp within x “miles” of another player’s/posse’s camp and they haven’t figured out how to solve it (obviously).

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

If my layman-rear end had to guess it’s that there are only so many slots per region per server to pitch a camp within x “miles” of another player’s/posse’s camp and they haven’t figured out how to solve it (obviously).

If you can't pitch your camp in the region, it will tell you there are no camp sites available when you try to select the region. The only fix I've found is trying a new free roam session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

I still haven’t figured out what the point of the masks are

IIRC, all it does is make it so that you don’t get instantly identified when you do a crime; if you flee the scene before the lawmen come, you won’t get a bounty. But if a lawman sees you in a crime zone, you’re getting a bounty whether you have a mask on or not.

I think, anyway