Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Argyle posted:

It's either 90 days, or the standard lifetime policy. The 90 day limit applies to electronics, but they only specify "Televisions, Tuner-Free Displays, Projectors, Major Appliances (refrigerators above 10 cu. ft., freezers, ranges, cooktops, over-the-range microwaves, dishwashers, washers and dryers), Computers, Touchscreen Tablets, Smart Watches, Cameras, Aerial Cameras (drones), Camcorders, MP3 players and Cellular Phones". No mention of streaming boxes like AppleTV or Roku.

After you buy it, you may want to check with guest services for clarification. But 90 days will, obviously, carry you into next month.

Cheers, thanks! Spent another $150 on top, couldn't resist the Sherpa blanket.

Got the mocha without syrup. Pro move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
sherpas are back baby! $20 for an actual piece of heaven

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Did anyone get this mailer promising :10bux: if you sign up for automatic renewal of your membership? I did the thing but didn't get any kind of message saying I'd get my dough.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Does costco play christmas music? That is very unblessed. I don't remember hearing it last few years.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

StormDrain posted:

Did anyone get this mailer promising :10bux: if you sign up for automatic renewal of your membership? I did the thing but didn't get any kind of message saying I'd get my dough.

I think it's based on your renewal date. I got 20 costco funbucks for doing mine.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Slider posted:

Does costco play christmas music? That is very unblessed. I don't remember hearing it last few years.

My Costco(and the others in the area) never play music of any sort.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Slider posted:

There's music playing at the christmas decoration aisle. It may be something emitted by the displayed decorations themselves.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Had to make a quick trip today, and instead left with a $440 total. Moet was on sale for $32 instead of the $45 it normally is, and the inlaws coming over for Thanksgiving love it. So somehow my partner decided a case was the right amount to buy.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Went in for grapeseed oil and brussel sprouts, left with that and a cheap garbage disposal that was somehow more powerful than the ones we had saw at Home Depot. Got it installed in an hour and it's far quieter than the one it replaced. PBUC. :patriot:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Ugh yall got me hosed up. I now have a sherpa blanket on my couch and my cat loves it.

Also on many occasions I've wanted to go shopping but I knew they were closing so I wouldn't go. Today I went at 5 and they close at 6. But the stream of people wasn't stopping even when I left so... I guess I'm over that.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Are the sherpas really that good? I don’t know what they offer over other blankets?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

poisonpill posted:

Are the sherpas really that good? I don’t know what they offer over other blankets?

It's very soft microfiber with a nice thick faux-fleece side that's just as soft. It's also very light for the warmth it provides, and it's a very warm blanket.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

pnumoman posted:

It's very soft microfiber with a nice thick faux-fleece side that's just as soft. It's also very light for the warmth it provides, and it's a very warm blanket.

And cats love them, though mine only like the fleece side. I bought one and my husband coveted it so much that I bought him his own (though we both know they really belong to the cats).

Edit: case in point, we just got home and found them like this. And they never curl up together, so this is the magic of the sherpas.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 29, 2019

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Personally, I prefer the Kirkland Select plush blankets to the Sherpas. They don’t have the double layer fleece lining, but they’re insanely soft and warm. And I just bought a king sized one, which is roughly large enough to tent my house.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Heard that some Cos had battery powered undercounter lights and Halloween Cookie houses but my local one did not.

Time to hit the other 2 in the area to find them.
But Sherpas, you say????

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Mean, sorry.

Taima fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 29, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FilthyImp posted:

Heard that some Cos had battery powered undercounter lights and Halloween Cookie houses but my local one did not.

But Sherpas, you say????

Next time this happens to you ask them to check the inventory. Better than driving around to find the other stores are out or worse that they have them at the first one but you didn't see them. I went to buy a jack and they found the closest store that still had a couple in stock.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

same

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Taima posted:

Champagne is up there with "premium" vodka for dumb poo poo people buy who want to act like they have money.

why

why do you continue to do this

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Taima posted:

Champagne is up there with "premium" vodka for dumb poo poo people buy who want to act like they have money.

I bet you eat the chicken bake you sams club member in Costco clothing

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Taima posted:

I only listen to people with 15+ years experience in the vodka industry.

Went to the church yesterday. Double sonicares for $60 on sale! Last one lasted 5 years so these should hold me over for a while.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

And cats love them, though mine only like the fleece side. I bought one and my husband coveted it so much that I bought him his own (though we both know they really belong to the cats).

Edit: case in point, we just got home and found them like this. And they never curl up together, so this is the magic of the sherpas.

My cats have stolen ALL my sherpa blankets :( So I had to go get more.

And now I have to hide to use them cos they are under the impression that I bought them MOAR sherpas :( Then my husband found the one remaining cat free sherpa and claimed as his own, so I am again, sherpaless, and need to go BACK to get another one. I kid you not, we have at least 10 of the sherpas and I get to use none....

I'm never going to be able to use it in peace with 4 of the buggers trying to claim them...sigh. I really need to find a sherpa hoodie...they don't carry them that I have ever seen at my Costco here.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Disco Salmon posted:

I'm never going to be able to use it in peace with 4 of the buggers trying to claim them...sigh. I really need to find a sherpa hoodie...they don't carry them that I have ever seen at my Costco here.

Actually I was just poking around the Costco website, and it's a men's version, but:

https://www.costco.com/Buffalo-Men%27s-Sherpa-Lined-Hooded-Sweatshirt.product.100481049.html

They also have a sherpa blanket 2 pack for $25 right now:

https://www.costco.com/Life-Comfort-Ultimate-Sherpa-Throw%2c-2-pack.product.100495939.html

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Went to the church yesterday. Double sonicares for $60 on sale! Last one lasted 5 years so these should hold me over for a while.

Only five years? You know you change the brush heads every few months and the handle should last. I think I’m at 11 years on the handle.

If yours broke, do the Costco return for a new one!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Prostrat with checking inventory. Will definitely do that next time I super need something. Thanks.

Taima posted:

Everyone I know hates Champagne but they'll tolerate "good" stuff while the $5 supermarket special makes them hurl.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

BaseballPCHiker posted:

There are few things in life I find funnier than looking at 3 premium vodkas that are all lined up for display that are all

A: made from the exact same ethanol
B: from the exact same ethanol plant
C: bottled in the exact same bottling plant
D: that are A-C identical to the bottom of the shelf vodka

Top Wine, in my state, has 3 "house brands" of "premium" vodka they promote. Every single one of them is packaged at USDP in princeton mn using ethanol sourced from the Chippewa Valley Ethanol Company in benson mn. They literally buy it by the train load. Those same "premium" vodkas, made of the exact same ethanol and packaged at the exact same place, compete against multiple "cheap" brands that are also bottled in the same place using the same source of ethanol. You can spend $10 on a 1.75l jug, or $25 on a 750ml bottle, and get essentially the same product. The ethanol plant itself used to market an ultra-premium vodka, but it leaves that to other companies these days.

There is a difference, in sources, if the distributor pays extra for organic crops. Other than that the only difference is "how much does the bottle cost." Sometimes they put it in a glass bottle. That costs you a whole helluva lot extra. For a while the local Costco sold the same vodka as Total Wine and charged something like 40% extra because it was in a glass bottle instead of plastic.

You, quite literally, see two bottles of the same thing displayed next to each other here with like a $2 premium for one brand over the other. Same exact bottle, different label, same product. The more expensive label has stickers saying #1 minnesota favorite. The cheaper version actually has bottles missing from display.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Refill a Grey Goose bottle from plastic handles of Vladi, like I did in college. Pro tip.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Virigoth posted:

I bet you eat the chicken bake you sams club member in Costco clothing

I do stand by these base arguments:

1) Old IPA is bad, please direct yourself to fresh IPA for comparison, no need to believe me. Grab some fresh hop IPA if you get a chance, but again, make sure that it was brewed recently (for fresh hop, no later than 2 weeks after brew, for traditional IPA, within the month of brewing is fine but sooner is better if you have the option). Many breweries put a date stamp on the box or the bottle itself so you can check beforehand, though they've been removing the dates because as more people get wise to the freshness angle, a lot of people have stopped buying the older boxes, which is terrible for business. Now you see a lot of "fresh by" dates which are just a dodge by the brewer to avoid labeling the real manufacture date.
2) Champagne is a scam industry predicated on selling overpriced wine to impress people.
3) Premium vodka is also a total scam. There's info on this online if you wish. Almost all vodka is created using the same method, it's a neutral spirit, so buying the expensive varieties bears no benefits.

These things are not wrong, however my attitude certainly is and it doesn't help anyone. I sincerely apologize and will stop posting here. God bless the church, may you find redemption in a $1.49 polish, WITH refill.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

donr doxx me waiting on my hotdog order

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Taima posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about champagne, you little prole? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at le cordon Bleu, and I've been involved in numerous award winning champagne production lines, and I have over 300 confirmed top marks from le cirq le bon. I am trained in over 5,000 types of distilling and I'm the top somollier in the entire French armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another American. I will wipe your taste buds the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across French Canada and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your experience to wipe your miserable posts off the face of this dead gay forum, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You loving scrub bartender at a college dive bar.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Wanna talk about actual bougie poo poo: San Pellegrino. But it actually tastes good and is on sale. I'm torn.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
$5 champagne owns. How else am I supposed to make minosas?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

This video goes over bottom shelf vodka. Tl;dw get Popov.

https://youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I found myself wondering why I occasionally peruse this thread and welp now I own a sherpa so I guess that's why.

What I'm saying is this is a good thread and you are good people.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

$5 champagne owns. How else am I supposed to make minosas?

You know what's even better than mimosas? Instead of OJ, pour some of the black raspberry Kirkland flavored sparkling water in your champagne.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I will have to try that

Richard M Nixon posted:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about champagne, you little prole? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at le cordon Bleu, and I've been involved in numerous award winning champagne production lines, and I have over 300 confirmed top marks from le cirq le bon. I am trained in over 5,000 types of distilling and I'm the top somollier in the entire French armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another American. I will wipe your taste buds the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across French Canada and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your experience to wipe your miserable posts off the face of this dead gay forum, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You loving scrub bartender at a college dive bar.

:golfclap:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FilthyImp posted:

But Sherpas, you say????

Man I bought both those lights and the Halloween cookie house already. They are indeed cool and good

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

GI_Clutch posted:

You know what's even better than mimosas? Instead of OJ, pour some of the black raspberry Kirkland flavored sparkling water in your champagne.

Haven't heard nothin' so beautiful since my old uncle Jed got us a seeeement pond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The cafeteria at the Costco near my gfs house is closed for a month :qq: