Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
That's sexy and definitely my next car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

opengl128 posted:

Nicccceeee. How are you liking the rev matching? (if you have it turned on). I'm still salty they seemingly withheld that from 2018's even though all the pieces seem to be there, and that nobody has figured out how to hack it in yet.

Think it's turned on by default, which gave me a bit of a surprise driving the first time as I'm not deeply into the tech of the modern Pony. I experimented both ways, and decided to leave it on as it ~seems~ to make shifting more fluid.
I am, to a large extent, learning how to shift again and by that I don't mean I'm learning how to shift; rather that I'm re-learning how to shift in such a way as to make the car look and feel as though it were an automatic. Well nigh impossible with this beast, but it's a goal.

Minor quibble that I have heard echoed elsewhere: the clutch pedal has a bit of a long throw, engaging approximately 20% up from the floor. Not a scientific analysis, mind you ..

The sport mode steering is definitely a fav, normal seems a little loose and slushy to me. Same for the engine profile.
Also: color me a newly minted fan of air conditioned seats! Frosty butt!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

5.0s have gotten too expensive that's more than my 2012 GT500 was /crotchety old man

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Mosnar posted:

Also: color me a newly minted fan of air conditioned seats! Frosty butt!

Really? I love my warmers, but the seat chillers just make me feel like my clothes are damp

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

LongSack posted:

Really? I love my warmers, but the seat chillers just make me feel like my clothes are damp

I felt that way at first (when I bought mine they had them turned on and I definitely thought my seat got wet when they washed it) but on really hot days I have grown to love it.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I was skeptical when trying the ventilated seats in a Lexus GS. Didn't do much. Then I tried the ones in a KIA Optima and I'm sold. Feels so nice and refreshing.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Kia's ventilated seating is legit great. I wish my 2016 GT came close to my ex's old Optima.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Mosnar posted:

Recently took possession of a 2019 Bullitt .. cast derision or drool at my life choices. It's a sweet, sweet ride.
Standard complaints: no back seat, completely useless cup holders - and my own: I'd like to remove the Bullitt logo from the back trunk panel. I really like the lack of exterior branding the car has.

Kits I've seen from minor searching:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VL7CFF7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3UJX5VPTQEL90&psc=1
https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelatec-taillight-panel-molding-gloss-black-smooth-without-emblem-2015-2019/p/TPM43/

A common theme in these types of items seems to be warping, and poor sizing. Has anyone here completed this task and have suggestions on what to look for? Warnings? Good to knows? Sources?

Thanking you in advance for your notable and wise recommendations.

Quoting myself to revisit the original question about replacing the trunk panel ..

I've seen video on how to remove the back logo, but that still leaves the mounting holes to deal with and I'd like a clean presentation of, basically, my car rear end.

Anyone here attempted this endeavor? Suggestions? Inspirations? Bueller?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Ford sells a blank version of that panel, I'd just get that before messing around with aftermarket junk.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...9RoCvXMQAvD_BwE

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I think I'm going to trade my F150 in for another Mustang. Is it worth trying to find a base 2018 to get the gen3 coyote or a loaded 2015-2017 for the same price?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That's a tough call. I've never driven a 15-17 so I can't really compare, but the gen 3 is a screamer and the 7400rpm redline is bliss.

Something to keep in mind, you can always add the extra stuff later if you get a base model. Sync 3 screen w/ drive modes etc, can all be added and coded in. I have a "base" premium 18 (400A) but added the digital cluster from the 401A with minimal fuss, just some flipped bits in forscan. A good middle ground might be a 301A (that's what I was originally going to get before I got impatient on my custom order and found a 400A in stock at a local dealer.) 301A gets you a Sync 3 screen with Carplay/Android Auto and drive modes and all that, just with cloth seats instead of leather.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

opengl128 posted:

That's a tough call. I've never driven a 15-17 so I can't really compare, but the gen 3 is a screamer and the 7400rpm redline is bliss.

Something to keep in mind, you can always add the extra stuff later if you get a base model. Sync 3 screen w/ drive modes etc, can all be added and coded in. I have a "base" premium 18 (400A) but added the digital cluster from the 401A with minimal fuss, just some flipped bits in forscan. A good middle ground might be a 301A (that's what I was originally going to get before I got impatient on my custom order and found a 400A in stock at a local dealer.) 301A gets you a Sync 3 screen with Carplay/Android Auto and drive modes and all that, just with cloth seats instead of leather.

Thanks for the good info in here. I'm pretty familiar with forscan from my F150 I added a few things it didn't have factory. I mainly wanted sync 3 for Android auto. The wife wants heated seats but I'm not too worried. If I could even find the cloth recaros I would be happy. The digital cluster is baller but not necessary.
My last mustang was a 15 Ecoboost but I do have the gen 2 in my truck (tuned with OZ tuning)
I figure it's almost winter time in PA, truck prices are out of control I could swing this into a crazy good deal for myself and drive something that makes me happy.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

One other point on the 18, not sure if you were going manual or auto but 18 gets the 10 speed auto which is supposed to be pretty great.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I got rear ended and they gave me a v6 camaro as a rental. The only redeeming factor is that it's a convertible, but good lord this thing is absolutely anemic.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
One of my friends was gracious enough to let me drive his '16 GT350 for about 300 miles through a bunch of canyon roads and highways around Phoenix. Now I'm trying to rearrange my budget to buy one because it made one hell of an impression. The non-Recaros hold me in as well as the Recaros in my Fiesta ST, and it has a similar sense of "magic" where I wouldn't have to change a thing for it to be enjoyable every day. The limits are so high, yet the car is so docile.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

There's a guy with one that picks his kid up from daycare in it, that always makes me swallow sadness as I get into my mini van. It sounds amazing.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Well I did it. Traded my F150 in for a low mile used 2018 GT. It's a base model but has the black accent package so it at least looks cool. I'm pretty in love with it so far. Only issue has been weirdness with the MT82 but that's expected.
I also ripped a good burnout testing linelock and realized that I probably just halved my tire life lol.

[video type=""]New 18 GT burnout https://imgur.com/gallery/5FhjO2V[/video]

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I got a check from the insurance company today for diminished value due to the rear-ending it's still in the shop for.

Something tells me $100 is slightly less than the hit i'd be taking on it at trade-in or sale.

Anyone deal with DV claims before and have any advice?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
You have to get your car appraised by a person who deals with diminished values. Then they submit the findings to the insurance company. The insurance e company will say no to the pay out then you go to court.

I used wreckcheckboston.com

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:q:

Just bought four snow tires.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

:q:

Just bought four snow tires.

just dont put them on the stang ok?!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

kalvick posted:

This may be hard for you to understand but some folks drive their cars.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

My man why you think I got a poo poo eating grin.

Living on my own now and I neglected the truck a lot. Kind of sick of paying for two different cars, and I really want to be able to park in my garage for the winter.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

:getin:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Report back with chains, too.

hell yeah, drive your cars in lovely weather

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
For a quick second I thought you got a new car, when I saw those wheels.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

I never knew the joy of having a clean car and not having to clear off any snow before. Its great.

Was v v happy that my snow tires let me go up my driveway now.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Anyone daily drive a PP2? The incentives on the 2019's are crazy right now, it's extremely tempting.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Dinurth posted:

Anyone daily drive a PP2? The incentives on the 2019's are crazy right now, it's extremely tempting.

I have a base 18 GT 6spd and I'm absolutely in love with it. I've actually taken it out instead of a motorcycle just to jam around the backroads. I imagine the pp2 would be even more better around here. Works great even in Northwestern PA cold.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'm not a huge fan of the PP2 because of the wheel poke and that they come with essentially track only tires. I think the PP1 makes much more sense unless you're gonna track it regularly.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If you want the MagnaRide the PP2 makes a hell of a lot more sense. Plus the wheels and spoiler look a whole lot nicer than the PP1. Yeah, the tires on the PP2 are nuts for street use but that's hardly the end of the world. Plus they'll wear out pretty quickly anyway.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Q_res posted:

If you want the MagnaRide the PP2 makes a hell of a lot more sense. Plus the wheels and spoiler look a whole lot nicer than the PP1. Yeah, the tires on the PP2 are nuts for street use but that's hardly the end of the world. Plus they'll wear out pretty quickly anyway.

They also offered to slap on summer tires instead of the basically slicks - wheel poke doesn't bug me. I'm more wondering about ride quality in Normal/Comfort driving mode, is it acceptable when driving a couple hours at a time on a trip?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Speaking of tires, just about ready to bite the bullet and get a new set of PSSes for the GT350. The stock tires are almost down to the wire on the fronts with about 22k miles on em. :rip: money.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Speaking of tires, just about ready to bite the bullet and get a new set of PSSes for the GT350. The stock tires are almost down to the wire on the fronts with about 22k miles on em. :rip: money.

What are you doing to them? I put 30k miles on my last set that had to be replaced due to dry rot after three years.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the electric mustang is gonna be a crossover

lmao

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
We already knew they were gonna do a crossover under the same nameplate, but didn't they also announce an electric sedan version?

Thought I saw it had a manual transmission which... why? Is there another electric car that has a manual?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Cocoa Crispies posted:

What are you doing to them? I put 30k miles on my last set that had to be replaced due to dry rot after three years.

Maybe it's just the Florida entropy effect? I dunno! I haven't even really abused these at all.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

H2SO4 posted:

We already knew they were gonna do a crossover under the same nameplate, but didn't they also announce an electric sedan version?

Thought I saw it had a manual transmission which... why? Is there another electric car that has a manual?

There was an electric mustang with a six speed but it was a one off for SEMA

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Gwaihir posted:

Maybe it's just the Florida entropy effect? I dunno! I haven't even really abused these at all.

Mine spend most of their time in Miami and have never been north of Jacksonville, although I'm not doing GT350 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I measured about 3mm tread depth on the fronts so there's still some life there.

...But I also found a nail in my left front and one in my back right, which, well, thanks loving new office construction zone.