Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GI_Clutch posted:

You know what's even better than mimosas? Instead of OJ, pour some of the black raspberry Kirkland flavored sparkling water in your champagne.
That's good.

Try also Hibiscus (Jamaica in spanish stores) as an OJ Replacement. You can also use Cranberry Juice if you can't find it.

canyoneer posted:

Man I bought both those lights and the Halloween cookie house already. They are indeed cool and good
Found the lights today. A little underwhelming. Might have to find a way to change their color temp.

May look for the cookiehaüs next week. When I formally get the Bag o Candy.

Also, halloweenies, the Co will have $4 off the King Size Candy boxes starting on the 2nd :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
But, my church doesn't carry black raspberry (didn't even know this was a thing that exists) sparkling water... we just have this amazing 30 pack of lemon, lime, grapefruit for like 8 bucks.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I spent four hundred dollars at costco today, but aside from the bitchin sauce and the stroopwaffels (COSTCO HAS STROOPWAFFELS), I can't remember what I bought. I am currently wearing the container of bitchin sauce like a feed bag for a horse, and I believe I have finally achieved samma vayama, step 6 on the eightfold path

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

But, my church doesn't carry black raspberry (didn't even know this was a thing that exists) sparkling water... we just have this amazing 30 pack of lemon, lime, grapefruit for like 8 bucks.

I wish I could still drink/eat grapefruit but there’s an enzyme in it that fucks with like 2 of my medications.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

ixo posted:

I spent four hundred dollars at costco today, but aside from the bitchin sauce and the stroopwaffels (COSTCO HAS STROOPWAFFELS), I can't remember what I bought. I am currently wearing the container of bitchin sauce like a feed bag for a horse, and I believe I have finally achieved samma vayama, step 6 on the eightfold path

Pray tell what is the brand name of this “bitchin sauce”?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dick Nipples posted:

Pray tell what is the brand name of this bitchin sauce?

Bitchin' Sauce is the brand name.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Paul ReiserFS posted:

Refill a Grey Goose bottle from plastic handles of Vladi, like I did in college. Pro tip.

Some randoms drank all of a friend's grey goose, so another friend add I filled that bottle with tap water and told the randoms we found another bottle. They drank all of that too.

They were angry later that they drank water.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

DiggityDoink posted:

Bitchin' Sauce is the brand name.

Oh. Amazing. Thanks

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

$5 champagne owns. How else am I supposed to make minosas?

I usually just use prosecco for mimosas, but for a big group I like grabbing a couple magnum bottles of Andre.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

binge crotching posted:

I usually just use prosecco for mimosas, but for a big group I like grabbing a couple magnum bottles of Andre.

My supermarket has 1.75L bottles of Cook's which is like the shittiest champagne you can think of but they're only 10 bucks. The .75L bottles are 8 bucks. I can't drink it straight but it's perfectly serviceable for mimosas.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
But there's Kirkland champagne

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Taima posted:

I do stand by these base arguments...

I would reccomend a playful little cocktail called the Taima Special. Take a handful of glass, toss it in your mouth, and chew.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

AKZ posted:

I would reccomend a playful little cocktail called the Taima Special. Take a handful of glass, toss it in your mouth, and chew.

15+ years in the IPA industry, 13+ years in just being a terrible, lovely poster.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

shovelbum posted:

But there's Kirkland champagne

It's kind of lovely for $20/bottle.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Coredump posted:

This video goes over bottom shelf vodka. Tl;dw get Popov.

https://youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA

holy poo poo popov is literal poo poo, but yeah its the best vodka under 13 bucks if you aren't counting kirkland's own :grin:

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

ixo posted:

COSTCO HAS STROOPWAFFELS

THIS. I bought a whole bunch to give away for Christmas, but my god the temptation of tearing open all of them is insane.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't think I've ever had a stroopwaffel

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
^^get you some. I don't know if the 'co is stocking the same ones I got last year around this time, but hopefully they're just as good. Warm one up on top of a fresh cup of coffee and oh my gahd :discourse:

Coredump posted:

This video goes over bottom shelf vodka. Tl;dw get Popov.

https://youtu.be/yCrKjZrg-eA

I think you meant to say get

ixo posted:

I am currently wearing the container of bitchin sauce like a feed bag for a horse, and I believe I have finally achieved samma vayama, step 6 on the eightfold path

lmao :thumbsup:

AF fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 30, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Dick Nipples posted:

Oh. Amazing. Thanks

lol sounds like we were just calling the sauce "bitchin" cuz it was good, I can see how that can be confusing.

Bitchin' Sauce for everyone!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Bitchin sauce in my $5 champagne. Call em Bitchin mimosas.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

It's kind of lovely for $20/bottle.

Yeah I like prosecco more than even good champagne honestly, but anything you can make a French 75 with is cool with me

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bitchin sauce in my $5 champagne. Call em Bitchin mimosas.
I used Cristal for my WingSauce until Kirkland Champagne and Bitchin Sauce came about.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I was actually kinda lukewarm and whatever when I first tried Bitchin' Sauce, i thought i had been had by goons, but then more i ate it the better i got and then it rapidly went away. the next tub i bought was basically cleaned out in an extremely short amount of time.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Xaris posted:

I was actually kinda lukewarm and whatever when I first tried Bitchin' Sauce, i thought i had been had by goons, but then more i ate it the better i got and then it rapidly went away. the next tub i bought was basically cleaned out in an extremely short amount of time.

lol I had the same experience. First time trying it was like hm, yea that's good I think? Then before you know it you've inhaled half the tub

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Idk why church stocks so many 'zers when they have klarbrunn ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Inspector 34 posted:

It's the Kirkland version of Sparkling Ice. I used to do R&D for the brand name company and the stuff is god awful sweet from sucralose and over flavored.

Do not recommend, sorry. :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Wait. Costco makes a giant chicken pot pie? I may need to investigate this.

Trip report: brought home a 5+ lb chicken pot pie, cooked it tonight, it was delightful.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

It's the Kirkland version of Sparkling Ice. I used to do R&D for the brand name company and the stuff is god awful sweet from sucralose and over flavored.

Do not recommend, sorry. :(

This is the unsweetened stuff. It basically keeps my wife hydrated.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Only five years? You know you change the brush heads every few months and the handle should last. I think I’m at 11 years on the handle.

If yours broke, do the Costco return for a new one!

Gross, yeah I definitely change the brush heads. The battery wouldnt last more than a day and I had to pretty much keep it charged all the time. I even bought a new charger for it thinking it was that. Hopefully I get 11 years out of my next one though!

Sad news, the local Costco near me got rid of the bratwurst, leaving only the mighty 1/4 all beef dog. They did add the Acai bowl which I didnt think was all that great.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ixo posted:

stroopwaffels (COSTCO HAS STROOPWAFFELS)

Mine carries them. Pro buy. I got a box on impulse and it was great. Followed the recommendations on the package and used it to cover the top of a mug of hot whateveryouwant and it made them so much better.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I was blessed by mail this weekend. Apparently Costco negotiated a better price on the Samsung Tab A tablets that I bought 2 of for my kids a few months ago. They sent me two $20 Costco gift cards out of the blue.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Sad news, the local Costco near me got rid of the bratwurst, leaving only the mighty 1/4 all beef dog. They did add the Acai bowl which I didnt think was all that great.

I'm from Wisconsin and I got the brat once and didn't like it. They really do use a high quality brat though, Usinger's, but the grind is way too fine for me. I like a reasonably coarse ground brat. I'm spoiled as poo poo though because every grocery store makes their own brats and I can get apples and cheddar, hungarian, philly cheese steak, any kind of brat you can imagine.

The bog standard you'll find at grill outs is Johnsonville. They aren't bad but they donated to Scott Walker so they can go gently caress themselves.

Don't buy Johnsonville.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Costco blessed me with communion and a flu shot (free, thanks to insurance)

PBUC

Also the Açaí bowl sucks rear end, bring back the polish and never ever bring back the Chili or Al Pastor vegan salad.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ultimate Mango posted:

Also the Açaí bowl sucks rear end, bring back the polish and never ever bring back the Chili or Al Pastor vegan salad.
It's really ungodly bad, especially super overpriced at $6. I even recently tried the acai/vanlla swirl smoothie and it was a lot more expensive than just a vanilla one and the acai part ruined the whole thing. whatever they're doing, it sucks. acai bowls down in san diego are very good so they've really hosed up big time.

they should really just stick to simple handheld-bite stuff that they can excel at and produce/cook and sling out the door more simply, like hot dogs (polish plz), slices of pizza, empanadas, pupusas, churros, giant pretzels, bulgogi bakes, maybe even stromboli or something. a lot of these things they carry themselves or used to carry. expensive poo poo like fancy salads n acai bowls n hamburgers just doesn't really make sense

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm from Wisconsin and I got the brat once and didn't like it. They really do use a high quality brat though, Usinger's, but the grind is way too fine for me. I like a reasonably coarse ground brat. I'm spoiled as poo poo though because every grocery store makes their own brats and I can get apples and cheddar, hungarian, philly cheese steak, any kind of brat you can imagine.

The bog standard you'll find at grill outs is Johnsonville. They aren't bad but they donated to Scott Walker so they can go gently caress themselves.

Don't buy Johnsonville.

Hungarians are their own type of sausage (from Hungary not Germany duh). Don't call every type of sausage a bratwurst, that's just dumb

Johnsonville are indeed poo poo though

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My Costco doesn’t have Bitchin Sauce, but it does have this stuff:

https://hopefoods.com/products/roasted-garlic-cashew-almond-dip

They had samples yesterday on warm naan and it won me over in one bite. Stupid good, hummus-ish. It’s like the much better sequel to hummus.

Also got a Sherpa on advice of the thread. The cats (and me) heartily approve. I got the queen and it’s huge, but now I’m wondering if I should have spent the extra $5 on the king. More Sherpa can’t be a bad thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Hungarians are their own type of sausage (from Hungary not Germany duh). Don't call every type of sausage a bratwurst, that's just dumb

Johnsonville are indeed poo poo though

Yeah I typed in hungarian knowing it's it's own thing but just left it.

And the specialty sausages are always labeled as brats around here. Same ingredients as a brat, just extra stuff.

Don't blame me I didn't make the entire local industry.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Yeah I typed in hungarian knowing it's it's own thing but just left it.

And the specialty sausages are always labeled as brats around here. Same ingredients as a brat, just extra stuff.

Don't blame me I didn't make the entire local industry.

Yeah, the ones labeled as brats have the brat seasonings, plus other stuff like cheese and whatever. Hungarians, polish, Italians, etc are definitely not labeled as brats anywhere.

My step dad used to go to Rupena's and get a random assortment of sausages, mix them all up on the grill, and call them all brats. It was like sausage roulette. Made me nuts perhaps this is why I find this so frustrating

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Understandable. I made a mistake, knew it, and just ran with it.

Sorry for your sausage lies. That's just cruel.

Also you NEVER mix up sausages on the grill. You better know drat well what you are eating. My friend and I grill a lot and I'm always adamant about him keeping them separated so we know which is which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Understandable. I made a mistake, knew it, and just ran with it.

Sorry for your sausage lies. That's just cruel.

Also you NEVER mix up sausages on the grill. You better know drat well what you are eating. My friend and I grill a lot and I'm always adamant about him keeping them separated so we know which is which.

Yeah see you get it. It's called grill etiquette. I'm clearly scarred for life now :(

I wonder if all the co's got rid of the brat or what hmmm