Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Has the trailer for Dark Waters been posted yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvAOuhyunhY

Sorry if so. Just had no idea it was a thing and saw the trailer last night in a theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pbLPOrTSsI

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think the Deniro de-aging looks fantastic. Pacino not so much. Harvey Keitel looks pretty okay. Pesci looks good.
Pacino is really the one that stands out for me, but I hope he really SELLS THE VOICE VOOOOOOLUME in that scene when he's... SLAMMING THE TABLE.
AVClub saying that it works as an unreliable memory is kind of a cool take.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

I actually really like the direction they're going with here in terms of trying a prequel for a newish franchise that didn't really grab me with the second movie. This look far more interesting.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It's a lovely, repulsive franchise.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah it's a garbage series. Nearly as grotesque as the also garbage Kickass series.
I will say if theyre really just having the same white dude (but with different facial hair) playing george, wilhelm, and nicholas then thats pretty hilarious and inspired

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hakkesshu posted:

That show has existed in Denmark for like 15 years, called "The Luxury Trap," and it's dreadful pap that's mainly just about gawking at how bad some people are at maintaining a budget and paying their debts while a couple of annoying hosts go "SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE" - not that a lot of people aren't bad at handling a budget, but man it's depressing enough in a country where we have much higher social welfare than in the US, so I can't imagine how miserable an American version is going to be.

We have this show in Sweden as well and it's really fun. It's not really going after people born into extreme poverty or whatever, but rather people who could live comfortably if they just weren't completely loving clueless with their money. Like buying high end TV's and computers when you can barely afford food. Stuff like that. Then they get 2 experts to help them with all their dozens of loans and tell them how interest and money works

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Zzulu posted:

We have this show in Sweden as well and it's really fun. It's not really going after people born into extreme poverty or whatever, but rather people who could live comfortably if they just weren't completely loving clueless with their money. Like buying high end TV's and computers when you can barely afford food. Stuff like that. Then they get 2 experts to help them with all their dozens of loans and tell them how interest and money works

i think if they can "barely afford food" they're not really "living comfortably."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well they're not, because they have dozens of loans with interest racking up massive debt so they're constantly behind on payments and just losing all money they earn instantly. And whatever money they do get they immediately spend on vanity items. A lot of them get this sorted out by the end and suddenly they can live normal lives

FYI we don't have massive student loans in Sweden though so I don't know how that affects the average american

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The answer is pretty badly. Like the poo poo youre saying might be kosher by scandinavian standards but if you were an american itd sound pretty snobby.
We're dying out here. That the problem is people buying TVs they cant afford and not say, the mass exploitation of labor for a vampire oligarchy, well that's not really on the nail over here. If we werent ruled by bloodsuckers it wouldnt really matter if someone had a really nice fridge they didnt properly budget for or whatever.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Sep 30, 2019

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's a lovely, repulsive franchise.
I only saw the first one. It's like the least objectionable action movie.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I only saw the first one. It's like the least objectionable action movie.

They're fun, silly movies. The second one really wasn't as good as it was too far up its own rear end about its world building, kinda like the John Wick sequels. People here are always mad about everything though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's edgy regressive Mark Millar bullshit hth

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Zzulu posted:

who could live comfortably if they just weren't completely loving clueless

R. Guyovich posted:

i think if they can "barely afford food" they're not really "living comfortably."

Reading is hard. So is money. :(

Ariza posted:

People here are always mad about everything though.

"Jolly Green Giants, Something Awful."
"Something Awful? Are they any good?"
"They suck."
"Then it's not just a clever name."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cvnvcnv posted:

Reading is hard. So is money. :(

oh hey welcome back to the thread. what the gently caress was this by the way

cvnvcnv posted:

Wow, yeah, it definitely appears as tho those people all entered the show with financial problems, were offered solutions for some debts and to have workable solutions installed for others, and all exit the process on the other side in a better life situation without having been exploited were lured into a rape.

Ashton is a monster.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

R. Guyovich posted:

oh hey welcome back to the thread. what the gently caress was this by the way

A rational, human assessment of what is in the trailer crossed out and amended with a mocking approximation of the moral outrage being displayed in this thread.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kingsman is mean-spirited and not in a good way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Kingsman was fun and had a lot to love it in but left me with a really bad taste in my mouth that's only soured over time.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I watched it a long time back. What was so mean or nasty about it? How many action movies are nice and wholesome?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's more of an attitude, someone in here mentioned that Wanted was the same way and I have to kind of agree

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The anal sex gift from the kidnapped princess or whatever at the end was in really bad taste. I actually prefer the sequel because they backtracked from that stuff and tried to retcon that they ended up in a nice relationship afterwards.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Kingsman is mean-spirited and it loving owns tbh

Sometimes fundies just need to get loving slaughtered by a British guy in a suit and it's good that Kingsman recognizes this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I enjoy how mean and violent Kingsman is. Also the action is super super slick.

The second one mostly sucks but the score is pretty good.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
having all the protagonists be posh white boys was grating but i can respect any movie that ends with making fireworks out of the heads of every billionaire in the world

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
It will be interesting to see how they portray the different factions during the instigation of WW1. I believe Matthew Vaughn is minor nobility so some pure ideology could be in store. Tom Hollander as the King, the Kaiser and the Tzar is quite fun though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

CelticPredator posted:

I enjoy how mean and violent Kingsman is. Also the action is super super slick.

The second one mostly sucks but the score is pretty good.

It's amazing how bad Kingsman 2 and Kick rear end 2 both were given the overall fun levels of the first films.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

having all the protagonists be posh white boys was grating but i can respect any movie that ends with making fireworks out of the heads of every billionaire in the world
Because guess what THE ENVIRONMENTALIST WAS ACTUALLY AN EVIL HYPOCRITE omg

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Because guess what THE ENVIRONMENTALIST WAS ACTUALLY AN EVIL HYPOCRITE omg

the part you're ignoring is "because he's rich and all rich people are hellfuckers, even the ones that look like good people"

that's... not a bad message for a movie to be pushing, really

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh for sure, but for me it's like when say, Red Letter Media attacks representation in media by making fun of lady ghostbusters. They're technically right, cynical corporate representation shouldnt be lionized and it doesnt save the world, but it does seem a little opportunistic/throwing meat to the worst elements of their fanbase (and when they try to move on from easy targets they get into absurdity like the time they assured us black kids probably didnt care about whether or not they had toys that were black people).
So sure, evil spike lee obama billionaire is a hosed up rich guy but it seems like creating a premise for an opportunistic attack. I don't really give Mark Millar material the benefit of the doubt with poo poo like that.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 30, 2019

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's amazing how bad Kingsman 2 and Kick rear end 2 both were given the overall fun levels of the first films.

Kingsman 2 is most shockingly in that it's the kind of bad that at first glace you'd think was caused by a property being handed off to people who had nothing to do with the original... except it was made by the exact same people

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i've seen the last 30 minutes of Kingsman 2 featuring Elton John kicking the poo poo out of people to Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting) and that was fun and also all i need to see of that movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

French animated movie about a hand in search of its body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EotTxCNtsA

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DC Murderverse posted:

i've seen the last 30 minutes of Kingsman 2 featuring Elton John kicking the poo poo out of people to Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting) and that was fun and also all i need to see of that movie

Elton John is pretty much the only fun-ish part of the movie. Except you got to see it before the previous hour wore you down so I guess without context it could look like it’s part of a good film. Quit while you’re ahead.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

SyRauk posted:

Wasn't sure if this should be in TVIV or here since it's a series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yas0yPbLU

gently caress yeah, can't wait.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Netflix asks: what happens when you're too rich but too shady? Michael Bay answers: you die and play soldier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLE85olJjp8

Also Ryan Reynolds is there.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That looks like it’s going to be the Michael Bayest film Michael Bay has ever done to date.

It’s also “what if Mission Impossible’s Syndicate was actually good?”

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cvnvcnv posted:

A rational, human assessment of what is in the trailer crossed out and amended with a mocking approximation of the moral outrage being displayed in this thread.

sorry about your brain parasite

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sometimes what a girl needs is just some friends who can help her fight a psycho mob boss while getting over her psycho clown ex-boyfriend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGM4uYZzfu0

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's nice to see DC finally learn their lesson and put the colors they use in the poster into the loving movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

caligulamprey posted:

It's nice to see DC finally learn their lesson and put the colors they use in the poster into the loving movie.

It's entirely possible the trailer was graded that way but the movie isn't. But who knows :shrug: