Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not sold on Bryan’s Golos List. We all know Nissa is bonkers and super strong, I’d shave down 1 off each of his four ofs to make room for 3 Nissa.

Besides that I like Esper Dance better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
oko is my least favorite card in the set by a mile

do not want to play with this card, do not want to play against this card, not in constructed, and certainly not in limited

if you're gonna be an insurmountable advantage engine at least have the decency to end the game quickly

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m not sold on Bryan’s Golos List. We all know Nissa is bonkers and super strong, I’d shave down 1 off each of his four ofs to make room for 3 Nissa.

Besides that I like Esper Dance better.

Nissa seems a little less bonkers in a deck with six total forests.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Funkdreamer posted:

Card style codes for those unaware:

ThatsWild
TisAScratch
Crumbelina
FoodCourt

They expire in 24 hours apparently

I have no idea if these are still good as any code (including a pre-release one) I put into mtga says it failed.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
I just checked, and the various 'Play' codes for packs (PlayM20, PlayWarSpark, etc) still work at least if you haven't redeemed them yet. Nice surprise since I've only been playing a few weeks.

SageNytell fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Sep 30, 2019

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Questing beast is some Grade-A bullshit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s an indictment of how good planeswalkers are that you need that much text on a creature to make it worth playing.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Bugsy posted:

I have no idea if these are still good as any code (including a pre-release one) I put into mtga says it failed.
Yeah they've expired unfortunately

Just as a PSA to everyone though, every card style can be purchased after a season elapses. This includes promo code styles, season reward styles, and """exclusive""" store bundles/pre-orders

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
idk if it'll be competitive after the season change but i'm getting some surprise wins in the play queue with this homebrew. it controls until ashiok and kaya can exile enough to beat their life total, then elderspell my walkers or theirs for a surprise kaya ultimate

4 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Kaya, Orzhov Usurper (RNA) 186
1 Island (ANA) 62
3 The Elderspell (WAR) 89
1 Negate (RIX) 44
2 Plains (XLN) 262
2 Absorb (RNA) 151
3 Disfigure (M20) 95
4 Mortify (RNA) 192
1 Oath of Kaya (WAR) 209
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
3 Kaya's Wrath (RNA) 187
3 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
4 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Swamp (ANA) 63
4 Opt (XLN) 65
3 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Funkdreamer posted:

Yeah they've expired unfortunately

Just as a PSA to everyone though, every card style can be purchased after a season elapses. This includes promo code styles, season reward styles, and """exclusive""" store bundles/pre-orders

Shitballs. Never saw them posted in the other thread and didn’t check this one after getting home from paper events.

What cards were they?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Squinky v2.0 posted:

do not want to play with this card, do not want to play against this card, not in constructed, and certainly not in limited

if you're gonna be an insurmountable advantage engine at least have the decency to end the game quickly

I have no earthly idea why the 3/3 transform is a plus and not a minus 1

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
That feed cats into the oven deck is so loving fun. Abusing blockers getting sacked to avoid lifelinkers gaining anything is the most wonderful galaxy brain poo poo.

I ran into my first self-mill deck. I was going very cautiously because I had no idea what the hell was going to happen, but I ended up just punching him in the face till he died while he hosed around on his own weird gameplan that didn't really involve me in any way.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Squinky v2.0 posted:

so far i have yet to lose a game to oko, but that's basically just luck on my part

did win one by robber-of-the-riching him off an opposing deck, though

turn two, robber, attack, exile oko; the opponent mouses over the robber, mouses over his exileyard, and presumably gives a long sigh, before deciding to play it out

Bedurndurn posted:

That feed cats into the oven deck is so loving fun. Abusing blockers getting sacked to avoid lifelinkers gaining anything is the most wonderful galaxy brain poo poo.

I ran into my first self-mill deck. I was going very cautiously because I had no idea what the hell was going to happen, but I ended up just punching him in the face till he died while he hosed around on his own weird gameplan that didn't really involve me in any way.

Oven Cat is my next deck after finishing rakdos aggro, I think.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 30, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Krasis, thank you for bailing me out once again. On death's door a Krasis for 13 was just what I needed

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The STFU Fairy stops Cauldron Familiar and Ayara ETB shenanigans, so it becomes a must-kill if it appears.

Tibalt locks down the lifegain half of the drain, obviously.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Shitballs. Never saw them posted in the other thread and didn’t check this one after getting home from paper events.

What cards were they?

Midnight Clock
Oathsworn Knight
Grumgully, the Generous
Harmonious Archon

kater
Nov 16, 2010

My first crafts are a last Golos to complete the set, 2nd Vraska Queen, 4 random Temples, and... a 2nd Skarrgan Hellkite. Gosh Red has to look hard to find big mana stuff to do now.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Bedurndurn posted:

Playing vs mill.txt

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm gonna assume this current godawful stuttering lag is because of new set player volume and not because everyone suddenly got more brain damage than usual?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to run Oven Cat in a Yarok deck.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Kalli posted:

Midnight Clock
Oathsworn Knight
Grumgully, the Generous
Harmonious Archon

gently caress off with 24 hour code bullshit wotc :saddowns:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

ChrisBTY posted:

I want to run Oven Cat in a Yarok deck.

I am

Edit nevermind i misread the card i am not

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I have no earthly idea why the 3/3 transform is a plus and not a minus 1

PTSD triggered from changing a positive value to a "-1".

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The flavour on the oven cats deck is super dark. You're running an industrial scale cat recycling factory.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oko is one of those cards I've only seen once so far and never want to see again

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Are you guys just not running black or...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I guess I should change that to "resolved once"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Need to put Ayara, Oven Cat, Yarok and Feasting Troll king in the same deck.
This looks like a job for...Chromatic Lantern.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

ChrisBTY posted:

Need to put Ayara, Oven Cat, Yarok and Feasting Troll king in the same deck.
This looks like a job for...Chromatic Lantern.

Ali just read this post, decided to put in 4 Golos, then immediately creamed all over himself

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What does Golos do in that bant ramp deck other than tutor for field of the dead? You activate him and you get... a growth spiral and a land and a once upon a time?. Needs something like that dude that steals permanents or something that costs more than 4.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No one cares about activating golos.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm running a Sultai Oko list but it's not as performant against wide aggro or midrange decks as I'd like it to be. It does well when you can get your Woodland Champion(s) out early and keep them alive so that making an enemy creature a 3/3 is a downgrade for them.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

pointsofdata posted:

The flavour on the oven cats deck is super dark. You're running an industrial scale cat recycling factory.

Look up the Macquarie Island penguin oil industry.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like my Sultai Yarok Deck is certainly still a T2 deck but yeah Golos definitely feels like it can just go over the top of evertyhing else in the format. It it makes it to it's 7th land drop your probably not gonna grind it out.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
My last game in the play anything standard was Hoogland's Yarok Field deck with -2 cavalier -1 yarok +3 golos. Man, getting a golos double activation from yarok is almost scapeshift in terms of explosiveness. Don't know how good the deck actually is but fun as hell.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Bugsy posted:

gently caress off with 24 hour code bullshit wotc :saddowns:

Agreed. Why do this? Punishment for anyone not thinking about Magic 24/7.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Rhaegar posted:

Agreed. Why do this? Punishment for anyone not thinking about Magic 24/7.

I mean, it’s codes for cosmetic effects I have to turn off anyway...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I tried a bunch of the decks in the any deck queue.

Flash - insanely strong, BB changes the deck in a very unfair way. Imo the weakest card in the deck is probably spectral sailor especially with the castle as a mana dump, I'm srsly tempted to try out geese instead.

Wolves - nice deck but I lost to a fires deck and i think I'm going to see a lot of those. If they can go over the top of your wicked wolf it's game over. Still not a bad deck at all.

RB aggro - no real surprises here. Rankle and robber are both a little disappointing but they're so fun and the bodies are so close to good enough that I'd probably run them anyways.

Bant Golos field - Very strong, we all know this one though.

Crokeyz jund adventures - Surprisingly decent. The tempo still seems too low turns 1-3 outside of nut draws but it can hold its own vs a lot and has a real draw engine.

Bant oko ramp - I wasnt very impressed but maybe I drew bad. This deck has the greatest density of OP cards but it just feels off.

Fires - even my terrible version seemed good. Gets stuffed by flash though.

Esper dance - It plays itself, it's miserable, 4 mana wraths are still a mistake, what else do you need to know? opponent conceded the mirror but I'm sure this deck is strong, it's four kaya's wraths + four oath of kayas + four teferis.

I havent tried mono black, the three decks that impressed me the most were flash, fires, and golos fields. I didnt queue into anything aggressive so its not surprising flash seemed so strong.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 30, 2019

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I bet

T1, land elf
T2, land 5-power 3 drop
T3, land Henge

is pretty OK in Historic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane