Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

I tried a bunch of the decks in the any deck queue.

Flash - insanely strong, BB changes the deck in a very unfair way. Imo the weakest card in the deck is probably spectral sailor especially with the castle as a mana dump, I'm srsly tempted to try out geese instead.

Yeah I haven't done much with Spectral Sailor lately. I've ended up slotting in 3 of Wildborn Preserver as a great tool. Reach so it can still deal with flyers, and the counters on it can get wild as the game goes on. Nightpack Ambusher making a wolf token makes it easy to spend 1-2 mana on permanent pumps while leaving enough mana up to counter/bounce as needed on their turn, and them having to waste removal on a mana sink instead of ambusher or something else owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reddit has a proposed list of "safe" craft rares

I'd say that's pretty good, I dunno about Rankle just yet though.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Being an amazing Arena player, I just lost a lot of games because I accidentally switched on the autopasser and couldn’t work out how to turn it off

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

zoux posted:

seems incredibly horny for green based midrange and you could easily go an entire season without playing it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
RIP color white, thought of Eldraine and died.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Apparently it's actually alright in limited this time round, going into combat against a GW deck with open mana is apparently a hair raising experience due to all the adventure pump creatures.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

ardenvale tactician is an absolutely bonkers common for limited, lonesome unicorn is also great, white has not-unreasonable removal (trapped in the tower, glass casket, outflank in a pinch), it's a very good color

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I haven't done much with Spectral Sailor lately. I've ended up slotting in 3 of Wildborn Preserver as a great tool. Reach so it can still deal with flyers, and the counters on it can get wild as the game goes on. Nightpack Ambusher making a wolf token makes it easy to spend 1-2 mana on permanent pumps while leaving enough mana up to counter/bounce as needed on their turn, and them having to waste removal on a mana sink instead of ambusher or something else owns.
Preserver does everything the deck wants, the card is insane yeah. For sure a 4-of.

zoux posted:

Green castle isnt a bad card, but it's just about the last place I'd dump a WC. I dont really buy that henge or wolf will stay safe, wolf especially because I dont expect people to run food for the entirety of the next two years. I'd basically ignore the whole last row for now (I'll admit questing beast will stay good but its more narrow than people think.)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 30, 2019

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Traditional Draft is open by the way.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A Moose posted:

What does Golos do in that bant ramp deck other than tutor for field of the dead? You activate him and you get... a growth spiral and a land and a once upon a time?. Needs something like that dude that steals permanents or something that costs more than 4.

Most common plays with Golos are to tutor Field of the Dead for extra zombies, tutor another land (scryland usually but sometimes lifeland) to get towards 7 unique lands and finally if you ramp properly it's a turn 3 or 4 3/5 that just stuffs aggro creatures.

Sometimes you get to activate him and that's when the party starts when you cast free Agents of Treachery

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The real appeal of brazen borrower is making your opponent see the obnoxious animation.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I drafted the jankiest folio + 4x merfolk secret keeper and Eye Collectors along with removal and counters and it's 3-0 so far, I love it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I want to make a sultai food deck that uses Oko, goose, witches oven, cat. What other obnoxious bullshit should I throw in? I was thinking mostly golgari with just a splash for Oko, but maybe krasis as well?
I just like making food out of cats forever and witches oven by itself never seems to be enough in my mono black cat deck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wolf, krasis, assassins trophy, maybe nissa. Havent seen much tamiyo recently but I'm sure she'll be back soon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're going HAM on food, consider the Feasting Troll king

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love Oko because it finally gives me a good card to pair with Dreadhorde invasion. You make a 0/0 with a +1/+1 counter on your upkeep. You turn it into a 3/3 and it still has a +1/+1 counter. Next turn I make another zombie token. If I use Oko on my opponent’s creatures or artifacts my 4/4 beats their 3/3.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 30, 2019

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

Feasting Hogaak King

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kanfy posted:

Traditional Draft is open by the way.

Neat. Is the AI drafter weird/abuseable day 1?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

ardenvale tactician is an absolutely bonkers common for limited, lonesome unicorn is also great, white has not-unreasonable removal (trapped in the tower, glass casket, outflank in a pinch), it's a very good color

I haven't played with or against unicorn but it seems extremely mediocre. Bone whatever necromancer in core 20 was the same two bodies without vigilance but didn't make you pay for it twice, and it was not a big deal

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

If I ever get rares again I want to do a sac feasting troll food mono black deck. Just discard them somehow and start baking up pies

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There's no loving way the green castle is an autocraft for any number.

I had an opponent play Dreadhorde Invasion against me recently but I can't remember the combo they were doing and can't seem to find the game.

kater fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 30, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Y'all complaining about Oko in Standard meanwhile Cauldron Familiar in limited feels like a war crime, the entire set is constructed for you to recur it like 9 times in a single game.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kater posted:

I had an opponent play Dreadhorde Invasion against me recently but I can't remember the combo they were doing and can't seem to find the game.

Dreadhorde plus Oko turns the tokens into 4/4s and allows another zombie army to be made

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i am TERRIFIED of fires of invention decks

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is anyone else having horrible disconnects today? I dropped from a Draft game second round and it wouldn't let me past the splash screen even though I could hear audio from the game.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 30, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

kater posted:

Castles are auto include 3-4 of in any mono coloured deck and easily 1-2 in any two colour deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The win rate differential of greencastle will be likely very very small. The fun rate differential is 0. I would not call it auto craft for those reasons.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I encourage everybody to draft white so I can grind you out with golgari and dimir. Revenge of Ravens, an uncommon, beats white all by itself

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spends 1,500 gems from last season's mastery pass, goes 0-2, feels terrible immediately

Drafting wouldn't be so bad if it weren't so expensive to lose, ho hum =(, back to standard for me. At least I pulled Doom Foretold for Dance, and i honestly don't have anything else to spend gems on, but yeah my opponent played cat on Turn 1 and I just couldn't play around it or get rid of it and it dealt me like 7 damage

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

No Wave posted:

The win rate differential of greencastle will be likely very very small. The fun rate differential is 0. I would not call it auto craft for those reasons.

Fun rate of having 2 extra power on my turn 4 Hydra is great actually.

In any case it's almost always a free land so it doesn't hurt to have 1-2 of each unless you're really hurting for WCs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

i am TERRIFIED of fires of invention decks

Every Fires of Invention deck I've run into has just fires and then immediately ran itself into the earth.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
What's the best wolf deck going around?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Fires literally doubles your mana. Turn 4 fires + escape to the wilds, turn 5 ugin + Chandra. If you somehow resolve fires vs simic flash, they'll be hard pressed to counter 2 spells a turn before turn 5, especially in game 2 after you side in veil of summer. I don't even care if that takes up my 2 spells a turn if I get to resolve an ugin or something and kill a giant merfolk. So glad dive down is gone.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wilderness Red

It's strong. Fires into Drawn from dreams is very popular, fires is the main reason I'm not a real believer in simic ramp decks this expansion. We'll see if that just ends up being dumb.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
im having a great time blowing up people in my bronze zone with Improbable Alliance Drakes. UR is really fun to play right now. If someone plays deafening silence you have to insta concede and throw your computer out the window though.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Man, general performance and hitching in this game is such trash. It's the same loving thing that always happens with Unity Engine games once they get too large. No faith that WotC will be able to recover this and it's going to keep getting worse as the game gets larger.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Grixis Fires is gross when they can just drop Fires and the Lili with 6 lands or just an unopposed Fires and then Lili + Big Chandra in the same turn.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

resistentialism posted:

The real appeal of brazen borrower is making your opponent see the obnoxious animation.

This. First time I saw it was basically just a giant middle finger to me trying to win.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
im shocked, shocked that WOTC cheaped out on programming their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Have they said how the Brawl precon cards are being implemented on Arena? Do you just have to craft them all, or is there some other way to get them?