Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's kind of dumb that there isn't a more comprehensive means to sort and identify users on your friends list. On PS4 you have the option to create custom friend lists of selected people so if you wanted you could put all your Monster Hunter friends in one list, which is pretty nice, but on Steam you have the option to add nicknames and on Discord you can just write Notes about people but over here it seems woefully simple. I'd love Nicknames just so I could add a goon, replace whatever PSN name is displayed with their SA user name and forget about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Chello De Don posted:

has anyone here changed their PSN username since that became available a while back? I want to, but i'm afraid it will massively screw up the one multiplayer game i engage in (red dead online). i put the username in as a joke when i first got the system and didn't realize it was permanent until it was too late :suicide:

yes, everything switched fine. then again i dont think i've ever ran a mp game on my ps4 yet so :shrug:

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
i want to be rid of the curse of dadtoucher3000

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
I really enjoyed Dragon Quest XI (and Dragon Quest VIII back on PS2). What would be the closest thing to that on PS4 that I should play next? I’ve been out of the loop on gaming news for a while so I don’t know what’s out there.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

nachos posted:

Does the surge 2 have those annoying rear end spider bots from the first game?

I found one! I murdered it way easier than the first game though :D

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Chello De Don posted:

i'm not so much worried about people having to figure out my new name as i am it keeping me from accessing services or losing progress (because sony's username system is incredibly loving stupid)

I did the name change months ago and it caused absolutely zero issues

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What was your name before? I went to add you for TLOU and realized I already had you on my friends list haha.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Chello De Don posted:

You build a hundred bridges, you're known as bridgebuilder3000. But you touch ONE dad...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

bows1 posted:

you all weren't kidding about the giant text and the THWOMM sound when you enter a new area in Control. Feed it into my veins.

:boom:

Chello De Don posted:

:eyepop: yes...but WHY?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lmao at thread title.

Yeah i too love the area titles, so loving good.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have made a lot of title changes over the years :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I have made a lot of title changes over the years :)

Who does Palpek think he is

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

i am deeply terrified of my father seeing the name whenever he comes over

like the last three times he saw it

EDIT: oh no. OH NO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Name the Games forum to Dadtoucher3000.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
now i'm not so sure i should change anything

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Name the Games forum to Dadtoucher3000.

You would not believe how easy this is for me now :twisted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this rules

Chello De Don posted:

LMAO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

You know you want to do this. :twisted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

It's like you have the ability to inhale threads and exhale masterpieces.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Chello De Don posted:

Chello De Don posted:

now i'm not so sure i should change anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3GOo_nWoc

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Chello De Don posted:

I nearly bust a lung laughing at this :D

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

VideoGames posted:

I nearly bust a lung laughing at this :D

i had to stifle some serious laughter at your thread title! it'd be a weird look for someone to cackle in the middle of the office

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just finished it. Fairly short but pretty darn good (and heartbreaking, even if you knew what would happen). Naughty Dog is so good at writing and animating characters and pulling you into their stories.

God drat. Is it February yet?
On the other hand, more misery? So conflicted.
Just let Ellie find happiness.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 30, 2019

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
there's been some good thread titles, I like this new one, just as the last title was getting sliightly stale, it was fridged before I knew it, yo. But it was one of my favorites, up there with one of my own contributions, but made so much better by an expertly curated snippet by VG from the tail end of one of the most goony posts I've ever made about how Bloodborne made me a better person, in real life, but it was so good because the bit that VG took for the thread title basically sounded like "in conclusion that is why dark souls 3 made me a better dad" and most importantly it had a typo.

Man this new The Last Guardian gang tag feels like such a powerful AWE, it's a privilege that I was able to be bound to it.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Anyways if anyone wants to add me on PSN I guess you know how to find out now :P

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey I'm getting one of those fancy 4K HDR TVs this weekend and I was wondering if there's a website out there that lists what PS4 titles support 4K and HDR? I've seen a couple lists but they're all written As Of This Time rather than being continually updated.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
I dont know of a site but I do know off the top of my head for the exclusives

God of war
Spiderman
Days gone
Horizon zero dawn
Red dead redemption 2 (it isnt great though)
Uncharted 4 / lost legacy
I think? the last of us remastered

Most AAA games released in the last 3 years will have HDR support

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Hey I'm getting one of those fancy 4K HDR TVs this weekend and I was wondering if there's a website out there that lists what PS4 titles support 4K and HDR? I've seen a couple lists but they're all written As Of This Time rather than being continually updated.
You'd think Sony themselves would have a list but yeah, I don't know any that are well updated.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
Did a little searching, here's a list I found:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/all-ps4-pro-4k-and-hdr-games/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Alright, thanks! That's the closest I'm gonna get I think, so I'll definitely take a good looksee here.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Holy poo poo Fridge Duty :psyduck: what the hell I was not ready for that

Control is a very very good game

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I feel like HDR as of right now is more of a marketing buzz word than an indication that the game will look better with HDR, or at least on my PS Poor, trying out most game that I thought would look good in HDR, I didn't really notice much difference. Horizon Zero Dawn looks good, but that's because that game looks good anyways, but the sorts of colors it uses makes it noticeably different imo, compared to something like Sekiro which I thought just looked darker (except the levels with tons of fire, they actually looked decent). But Shadow of the Colossus, God of War and Control all look great with HDR turned on.

But here's a couple Digital Foundry videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-USLdspwawY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_ojpJ3aws

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Imhotep posted:

I feel like HDR as of right now is more of a marketing buzz word than an indication that the game will look better with HDR, or at least on my PS Poor, trying out most game that I thought would look good in HDR, I didn't really notice much difference. Horizon Zero Dawn looks good, but that's because that game looks good anyways, but the sorts of colors it uses makes it noticeably different imo, compared to something like Sekiro which I thought just looked darker (except the levels with tons of fire, they actually looked decent). But Shadow of the Colossus, God of War and Control all look great with HDR turned on.

But here's a couple Digital Foundry videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-USLdspwawY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi_ojpJ3aws

Since I bought my TV a lot of the games I start up that have HDR support have this washed out look that hurts my eyes so I keep it off most of the time. I've tried adjusting every setting possible and nothing makes it better.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do
What model tv do you have?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm completely stuck in Control and I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something. I'm in Chapter 8 where you have to follow the janitors visions. Eventually you end up at the motel and it's the iteration where there is a big slime monster in the door. I do the puzzle, slime monster disappears, and I grab the keys. But I can't interact with the pyramid door to open it or pull the light switch where I came in. Am I supposed to do something different than normal here or did the game crap out on me?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

I'm completely stuck in Control and I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something. I'm in Chapter 8 where you have to follow the janitors visions. Eventually you end up at the motel and it's the iteration where there is a big slime monster in the door. I do the puzzle, slime monster disappears, and I grab the keys. But I can't interact with the pyramid door to open it or pull the light switch where I came in. Am I supposed to do something different than normal here or did the game crap out on me?

I may be remembering this completely wrong but look for the door next to the counter.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

janitor

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1178808151962816514

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
what the hell is it with executive positions at playstation? it's like a revolving door every generation. more often even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Concerning HDR, I'd say that a mere list of which games support it isn't so helpful since same as surround sound, most developers didn't use it for anything particularly amazing.