Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

VideoGames posted:

No they have not. Stick to the console thread.

Uh I’m moving to PC with crossplay/shadowkeep so I need a spot to ask about FoV settings and tweaking my gfx card driver, and dem console boyz don’t know poo poo about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh I’m moving to PC with crossplay/shadowkeep so I need a spot to ask about FoV settings and tweaking my gfx card driver, and dem console boyz don’t know poo poo about that

I admit, this made me laugh.

But please stick to the console thread.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

motherbox posted:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

That might be down during the downtime though?

Thanks, nbd as I can't play rn anyway

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I thought the whole point of the character transfer was to do it before Destiny 2 was taken off Battle.net?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Mill Village posted:

I thought the whole point of the character transfer was to do it before Destiny 2 was taken off Battle.net?

They're not gonna take away the game from everyone who bought it and then didn't keep up with it and missed that it moved to Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny series will always be weird to me. Launch a bad game with almost no content, and players still reward it by spending even more money for content that should have been there at launch.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

This game and warframe have nothing in common aside from SPACE, and those gifs look nothing like what you can do in Warframe.
I honestly don't know why people insist on constantly drawing that comparison.

They're both loot shooters where you use abilities in addition to guns. Those super gifs are flashy in a way that some Warframe abilities are and some of them pull out to third person, making them look more like Warframe.

Sure, they're different games, but it's not like they have absolutely nothing in common.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Peewi posted:

They're not gonna take away the game from everyone who bought it and then didn't keep up with it and missed that it moved to Steam.

You will lose your PC characters if you don't make the transfer.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Peewi posted:

lol id be so god drat mad because i legit forgot until today, and you can't log into the bungie site today to do the transfer

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

I said come in! posted:

Destiny series will always be weird to me. Launch a bad game with almost no content, and players still reward it by spending even more money for content that should have been there at launch.

Everyone wishes vanilla D1 and vanilla D2 had been better. If you're going to boycott its expansions as a Lesson to bungie that's fine, but most people would rather just play the fun game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1178744718101860352

Nobody's account is going POOF just yet

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Peewi posted:

They're both loot shooters where you use abilities in addition to guns. Those super gifs are flashy in a way that some Warframe abilities are and some of them pull out to third person, making them look more like Warframe.

Sure, they're different games, but it's not like they have absolutely nothing in common.

They're both shlooters, and that is about the extent of their similarities.

If they were any more alike, people would've dropped destiny long ago at the thought of having to build each and every weapon and character.
You see the people that post in all the destiny threads, do you really think all of them have the patience to wait 72+ hours for their Sleeper and Hunter to build?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Me, 100+ Erentils in chasing the god roll: yeah I wouldn't have the patience

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eej posted:

Me, 100+ Erentils in chasing the god roll: yeah I wouldn't have the patience

I dismantled a truly amazing number of Erentils trying to get a stupid comedy roll (torch+projection+firmly planted+rangefinder).

Never did get it, probably for the best.

I did eventually get a god roll trust, I think I averaged two chest opens per day all month just for trust.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I still have really no idea of what is coming in Shadowkeep other than finishing moves and a Moon zone but I went ahead and preordered it anyway.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

I mean I don't know anything about databases, on account of how hard they are, but yeah, seems the characters and such are stored on bungie's servers, not blizzards (or sony's or microsofts). it's the entire basis of how cross-save can work

just because the game is taken off blizz launcher, doesn't mean the characters are taken off bungie.net

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I won't have the money for Shadowkeep for a while but it's gonna be nice to see my number get real big :unsmith:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Parker Lewis posted:

I still have really no idea of what is coming in Shadowkeep other than finishing moves and a Moon zone but I went ahead and preordered it anyway.

Great call. It's just money. Might as well spend it.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Parker Lewis posted:

excuse me it's a haunted moon zone

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Great call. It's just money. Might as well spend it.

I think that Forsaken-era Destiny 2 is one of the best-looking/best-playing games of all time and though I wish it were a little less grindy/had a little less FOMO at times, Bungie is near the top of my list of developers whose games I will buy just about sight unseen.

I just wish they had handled the initial launch better because I had a few RL PC gamer friends that I talked into getting D2 at launch and they refuse to give the game another chance no matter how much I try to convince them that the game's good/great now. Oh well, that's what HOTDOG and the PC LFG discord are for!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if the twist of Shadowkeep is that the Moon is NOT haunted???

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What if the twist of Shadowkeep is that the Moon is NOT haunted???

what if WE are the ghosts

wait, hang on

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Parker Lewis posted:

I think that Forsaken-era Destiny 2 is one of the best-looking/best-playing games of all time and though I wish it were a little less grindy/had a little less FOMO at times, Bungie is near the top of my list of developers whose games I will buy just about sight unseen.

I just wish they had handled the initial launch better because I had a few RL PC gamer friends that I talked into getting D2 at launch and they refuse to give the game another chance no matter how much I try to convince them that the game's good/great now. Oh well, that's what HOTDOG and the PC LFG discord are for!

Yeah, the FOMO thing is hard to deal with, but that's how many things work today. It's all over. I missed out on the reverse Reese cups with more peanut butter than chocolate. I missed out when Dunkaroos did their limited edition return and Twix did their cookies n creme version. I missed it. Life is tough. None of it really matters, though.

The moral high ground in gaming is dumb. Just play games and let it ride.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

I said come in! posted:

despite being an obvious money fountain nobody has successfully made "diablo, but a FPS" yet, so this is what we got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool

Wakko posted:

despite being an obvious money fountain nobody has successfully made "diablo, but a FPS" yet, so this is what we got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In some alternate universe, Hellgate: London was a huge hit and set the bar for looter shooters

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
FOMO is a problem with the player and not the game design IMHO.

Miss some things, get others, it's Good

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Cool new thread icr.
I look forward to playing tomorrow and forever

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Looking forward to our new home on steam. Hope tomorrow isn't a clusterfuck.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder if Steam Tuesday maintenance will kick everyone to orbit :thunk:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Parker Lewis posted:

It's consistently gorgeous. Still.

If there's anyone on the fence about the free version, I'd say it's worth jumping in just to bum around on pretty scifi landscapes.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ICR spent more time crafting this OP than his total D2Y1 time played

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Failson posted:

It's consistently gorgeous. Still.

right in the middle of one of the titan story missions the action just stops while you proceed through a series of Extremely Pretty Hallways and it's honestly one of my favourite moments in the entire game

e: here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHpF8EpFPU&t=483s
(8:03 if the timecode embed doesn't work)

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 30, 2019

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Peewi posted:

I haven't played since Warmind, do people do old raids? If I were to get back into Destiny and play with goons, should I also be getting Forsaken or can I just skip it?

Old raids will be very popular once the initial rush wears off. They drop gear worth getting in the post armor 2.0 world, so I personally will run a few and I expect others to do so as well.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I might stick to new raids because I missed the other 2 from forsaken and I'm too dumb to learn them while loving it up for the veterans

I heard one is pretty chill tho

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
My only misgiving is that the 2.0 Solstice Armor will almost assuredly have crap stats.

Other than that, hnnnnggggg I can’t wait another 24 hours I’m gonna burst.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
If Minaj is still a thing, does that mean I can still keep working on tributes for the bad juju catalyst, or am I screwed until it enters the general loot table?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

plainswalker75 posted:

If Minaj is still a thing, does that mean I can still keep working on tributes for the bad juju catalyst, or am I screwed until it enters the general loot table?

you should be fine

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Gonna gently caress the moon in Bungie’s Destiny 2: Skeep

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pirate Jet posted:

My only misgiving is that the 2.0 Solstice Armor will almost assuredly have crap stats.

Other than that, hnnnnggggg I can’t wait another 24 hours I’m gonna burst.

It's going to be way longer than that on PC. I guarantee you there will be problems that necessitate the maintenance going longer. I'm honestly not expecting to be able to play until Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Bungie's actually got a pretty good track record with launches so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's complete rear end talk right there, just the assiest of speech

Btw nerds join the Serious Overchill discord if you want into clans that aren't HOTDOG, they process requests in there.