Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

vegetables posted:

Have they said how the Brawl precon cards are being implemented on Arena? Do you just have to craft them all, or is there some other way to get them?

If you buy the physical deck they're supposed to have codes to redeem in arena but that's probably it.

Edit: This is incorrect, disregard. Crafting is the only way unless they decide to give them out as event awards down the line.

https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/59651
Will the tabletop Brawl decks include codes for MTG Arena like the Planeswalker decks?
The tabletop Brawl decks will not include a code for MTG Arena.

How do I add the 20 unique Brawl cards to my collection?
You’ll be able to craft any of the unique Brawl cards using Wildcards – including the four that were swapped for this event. Please note that just like the Planeswalker decks, these unique cards will not appear in booster packs or as individual card rewards, but they are all Standard legal!

xK1 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Sep 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
It's not any fun when people just time out and concede in the try decks event so you don't actually get to try things.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

xK1 posted:

If you buy the physical deck they're supposed to have codes to redeem in arena but that's probably it.

No they don't.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Arivia posted:

It's not any fun when people just time out and concede in the try decks event so you don't actually get to try things.

Stop trying Oko.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Stop trying Oko.

This was actually the Esper Dance deck and they timed out starting with the mulligan. :smith:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Performance since Throne release has been absolutely terrible. I know there's been complaints of this forever but I feel like this is a marked decrease in quality.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Lone Goat posted:

I haven't played with or against unicorn but it seems extremely mediocre. Bone whatever necromancer in core 20 was the same two bodies without vigilance but didn't make you pay for it twice, and it was not a big deal

I have played both with and against Unicorn and it’s phenomenal, both because creatures are a little smaller in this set than M20 (which had playable common 3/3s in several colors) and because you can cast the unicorn’s front half on turn 3 rather than having it sit in your hand until 5

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

First 5-0 lists

Nothing too shocking, except Golgari aggro which I haven't seen before, and a mono-W deck.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Arivia posted:

This was actually the Esper Dance deck and they timed out starting with the mulligan. :smith:

They prob got disconnected, I have had the game crash on me once while playing and I felt bad cause I was losing so they prob thought I was roping

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

They prob got disconnected, I have had the game crash on me once while playing and I felt bad cause I was losing so they prob thought I was roping

A lot of people I think also rage quit out of the game whenever, you know, MtG stuff happens so thanks for leaving me to sit here for a few minutes bud. No matter how tilted I am I always concede out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

qbert posted:

Performance since Throne release has been absolutely terrible. I know there's been complaints of this forever but I feel like this is a marked decrease in quality.

https://twitter.com/kaibudde/status/1178689512630865920?s=21

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eej posted:

Fun rate of having 2 extra power on my turn 4 Hydra is great actually.

In any case it's almost always a free land so it doesn't hurt to have 1-2 of each unless you're really hurting for WCs.

For someone who has a finite amount of WCs I would not recommend crafting even a single copy of a card that only goes in exactly one archetype (Gx midrange with creatures that cost 6+) unless they expect to actually play that deck.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You get 2 years with the cards gang go hog wild. You aren’t ever gonna min-max your value the same way a true streaming perfect draft king will no matter what you do, don’t let the games decisions stress u out.

But probably don’t craft and red cards or white cards besides RC Giant and Angry SMOL Giant

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

For someone who has a finite amount of WCs I would not recommend crafting even a single copy of a card that only goes in exactly one archetype (Gx midrange with creatures that cost 6+) unless they expect to actually play that deck.

also 90 times out of 100 you can just replace it with a single basic forest.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This limited format seems like the best for alternate wincons in a long while, it's only been a few days and I've already had a 6 - 3 sealed run on the back of Folio mill and am currently 2 - 0 in Trad Draft with half my wincon being Konrad + mill/self-mill + the card that puts whatever creatures you want from GY on the top of your deck (the other half is Lochmere Serpent which is indeed ludicrous but I've only drawn it and had it win me the game 1 of my 4 wins so far). And I've faced a couple mill decks too. Who needs to smash ceatures to the face?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hahah holy poo poo. I am now subscribing to Amazonian on Twitch.
https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1178684348872187904?s=20

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

zoux posted:

Nothing too shocking, except Golgari aggro which I haven't seen before, and a mono-W deck.
Golgari aggro is like eight cards off Golgari Midrange

Mono-W looks hilarious for playing against dancer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought Adamant and the loss of the checklands would push more mono colored decks but so far I'm still seeing tons of three-color decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

zoux posted:

First 5-0 lists

For me the lol is there wasnt a single irencrag pyro 5-0 they could find.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

zoux posted:

I thought Adamant and the loss of the checklands would push more mono colored decks but so far I'm still seeing tons of three-color decks.

This reminds me that I can't think of any adamant cards that are actually getting played. Maybe one in some BW Knights decks?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

zoux posted:

What are the adamant cards that you thought people would be going after?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zoux posted:

A lot of people I think also rage quit out of the game whenever, you know, MtG stuff happens so thanks for leaving me to sit here for a few minutes bud. No matter how tilted I am I always concede out.

Sure some people do but the person who times out in the Mulligan prob was not particularly raging

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

For me the lol is there wasnt a single irencrag pyro 5-0 they could find.

I tried 4 different pyro decks in the 12-game event and went 2-10.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This reminds me that I can't think of any adamant cards that are actually getting played. Maybe one in some BW Knights decks?

Slaying fire isn’t terrible in rdw

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Huxley posted:

I had much better luck (and more fun) with guttersnipe last rotation. Nice for the event to save me the pyro WCs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Slaying fire isn’t terrible in rdw

Its very good. https://scryfall.com/card/jvc/53/flame-javelin saw a lot of play and this will as well.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

mandatory lesbian posted:

Roper!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Huxley posted:

I think it’s not going to be effective. I opened four and posted a deck upthread that I’ve since changed, but they just don’t generate enough value fast enough. If you get a couple of them out and match them with that fairy that gets counters when you draw a second card, you can start rolling, but most of the time I’m dying long before I can start the engine up.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Doltos posted:

Dreadhorde plus Oko turns the tokens into 4/4s and allows another zombie army to be made

I remembered what the Dreadhorde combo was, it was freaking Ayara. Which turns Dreadhorde into another cat pie that also gives you a card.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

What are the adamant cards that you thought people would be going after?

I dunno, I'm terrible at pre-evaluation of cards, just like everyone else

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
As a mostly F2P player I play what I'm drawn.

I just opened an Oko, noice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

Doltos posted:

Dreadhorde plus Oko turns the tokens into 4/4s and allows another zombie army to be made

in addition to the normal sacrifice options

baking bolas' zombie army into pies

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

in addition to the normal sacrifice options

baking bolas' zombie army into pies

Liliana & Ayara together is a ridiculous value engine.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I've been trying to make Feather work and idk how I feel:

Isencrag Pyromancer feels great once she's on the board with Defiant Strike and Feather/Arcanist.

Claim the Firstborn might have had a spot somewhere but the current henge meta makes it feel like a dead card.

Still haven't tried slotting in adventure cards, but Ardenvale Tactician's tap-down post declaring attackers with feather in the board seems good on paper. Maybe fairy guidemother for evasion and a decent buff on a Legionarie?

Biggest hit was losing Reckless Rage, especially when facing down turn 3 Questing Beasts every other game.

Feather's dead and I can't accept it (nor am I good enough to brew her back into relevancy)

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

zoux posted:

The first time I realized I could egg into Kaya's Wrath mana was the best feeling

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vaah posted:

I've been trying to make Feather work and idk how I feel:

Isencrag Pyromancer feels great once she's on the board with Defiant Strike and Feather/Arcanist.

Claim the Firstborn might have had a spot somewhere but the current henge meta makes it feel like a dead card.

Still haven't tried slotting in adventure cards, but Ardenvale Tactician's tap-down post declaring attackers with feather in the board seems good on paper. Maybe fairy guidemother for evasion and a decent buff on a Legionarie?

Biggest hit was losing Reckless Rage, especially when facing down turn 3 Questing Beasts every other game.

Feather's dead and I can't accept it (nor am I good enough to brew her back into relevancy)
I imagine losing adanto vanguard is a big big deal too. I think the only hope is naya but the land's just not there yet.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

this draft format is a bit slow, but not insanely so... except the GB food deck. Jesus Christ that deck is miserable. Putting sporecap spider in green was a mistake, since otherwise a tempo fliers type deck could punish GB’s molasses-paced development.

I just beat it with WB with triple Ardenvale Tactician and triple Smitten Swordmaster, and I still had to utilize the Swordmaster drain and repeatedly recur them with Forever Young and Barrow Witches to do it.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Did anyone get their season rewards yet?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hmmm they printed Bladebrand But Worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Rhaegar posted:

Did anyone get their season rewards yet?

Yes.