Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Look into the series Monsters

Tehre's some fun poo poo there

Also Are You Afraid of the Dark has a few good episodes for visuals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Burkion posted:

Look into the series Monsters

Tehre's some fun poo poo there

Also Are You Afraid of the Dark has a few good episodes for visuals

I don’t have any Are You Afraid of the Dark on VHS and I’m trying to draw from my personal collection (no other reason other than it’s fun), but I do have some eps of Goosebumps that are neat. The Haunted Mask is honestly a pretty spooky visual. Great design.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Hey horror movie thread friends. Mainly a thread lurker here, but had a question I wanted y’alls’ opinion on. For my Halloween party this year I’m digitizing clips and segments from my horror VHS tapes to play as a Halloween “mood piece” throughout the evening and I thought anthology movies would work perfectly for this. I have Tales from the Darkside, Creepshow and Creepshow 2 on VHS. What is the best segment from each to digitize and include on this playlist?

Don’t show the segments, just digitize the wraparound stories/scenes from each one.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

ruddiger posted:

Don’t show the segments, just digitize the wraparound stories/scenes from each one.

Ha this is actually a fun idea

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
You guys think we're ever going to get a JAWS remake? Hollywood has already shown it's willing to remake anything these days, and with Meg and both 42 Meters Down movies you'd think they'd go for the big name sooner or later.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Nah, just because you'll just get bad press and you can just as easily make a sequel that is basically a remake.

ruddiger posted:

I agree with this if only because showing full shorts can fall into the trap of people just watching the movie which can kill the party.

You also find VHS transfers of stuff already online that you can slide in.

I was curious if you could still get the VHS copy of V/H/S, but apparently it is now rare and I really should not have gifted it to my ex.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 30, 2019

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This sounds incredible.

i did have a giant smile for the last 5 mins cause i couldnt believe they did not just a happy ending, but the happiest ending you could have to that entire franchise. but just because i was smiling doesnt mean i was enjoying myself.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Shoulda stuck with it, it's a nice, low key, moody flick.

So I went back and watched it and yeah , it was actually pretty enjoyable. I kind of wish it was a little more stylish. It sort of had a network TV vibe to me but the premise was more original than I expected and it had a good pace to it. I feel like the scares could have been a lot better if the movie didn't show so much.

Most of the spooky moments had me armchair directing it. Just a little more subtlety and weirdness could have made it creepy as hell. Small things like when the corpse first moves they show it front and center. Just to cut to the main character with the corpse slightly out of focus, doing nothing. Have it move in the background while it's out of focus! there was a lot of moments like this. Also, the corpse comes in with her head half cut off as well as her torso. And the makeup on that was actually really good! It was unsettling. I was like "oh man, this thing is gonna start walking around with it's head dangling and it's gonna be so hosed up". But instead they just had her crawl around on all fours like every other exorcism movie. :sigh:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

OpenSourceBurger posted:

You guys think we're ever going to get a JAWS remake? Hollywood has already shown it's willing to remake anything these days, and with Meg and both 42 Meters Down movies you'd think they'd go for the big name sooner or later.

Yeah, but only after everyone involved is dead.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, but only after everyone involved is dead.

Getting pretty close. Stay safe Carl Gottlieb :ohdear:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Every shark remake has been a secret remake of Deep Blue Sea.

As it should be.

Except for The Shallows. That's kinda like the stranded boat story from Jaws 2.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Deep Blue Sea is Jaws 5. This is my headcanon, I will not be reading replies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't even know what a Jaws remake would even have to offer? There's already a million Jaws ripoffs so it would just be another one on the pile. I guess the name would probably sell tickets.

Franchescanado posted:

The Shallows kicked rear end. Definitely my favorite shark movie since Jaws.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) for the first time last night and wow, I never realized how much House of 1000 Corpses directly steals from that movie.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The only way I could see a Jaws remake being made is if they either did it all practical, or all natural, Roar-style, and only used real sharks.

There’s no way a studio would go for either.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
One of these days I’m going to go to one of those Jaws screenings where you float around on a lake during.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

One of these days I’m going to go to one of those Jaws screenings where you float around on a lake during.

See this is how you do a Piranha 3.

edit: I guess we'd be on Piranha 5 now, huh?

Piranha5, with the five styled like an S.

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 30, 2019

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Basebf555, thank you so much for recommending Night of the Comet, it was such a fun and genuinely good movie.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

I don't even know what a Jaws remake would even have to offer?
Since when has that stopped the needlessly high amount of horror remakes?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

bill mosely is so good in tcm2 also it might be a giallo

also its the best in the franchise

its not a giallo

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 1, 2019

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

TheLoneStar posted:

Since when has that stopped the needlessly high amount of horror remakes?
...is there a needlessly high amount of horror remakes?

I mean all the big ones you can probably list have come out over the course of like fifteen years, and have mostly died down.There a few good to great ones in there: Suspiria, Evil Dead, Fright Night, and Dawn of the Dead. Even stuff that I don't love like Zombie's Halloweens or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake are either interesting failures or fine. Obviously there is tons of poo poo in there like A Nightmare on Elm Street or the downright insulting Poltergeist. But it feels like it's an exaggerated trend that isn't as prevalent and ignores the high success rate of a good amount of the remakes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Tonight's sketchbook fun: a couple of loving hoedown, podunk, well them there motherfuckers

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Franchescanado posted:

Every shark remake has been a secret remake of Deep Blue Sea.

As it should be.

The only one that wasn't was, shamefully, that mega dogshit Deep Blue Sea "sequel." I still can't believe that happened when the first one ended with the perfect sequel setup of LL Cool J and Thomas Jane swimming the earth to combat intelligent shark crimes.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Tart Kitty posted:

Tonight's sketchbook fun: a couple of loving hoedown, podunk, well them there motherfuckers

love this can u draw me

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kvlt! posted:

love this can u draw me

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lumbermouth posted:

Basebf555, thank you so much for recommending Night of the Comet, it was such a fun and genuinely good movie.

Glad you enjoyed it! I had a similar experience last year, saw it for the first time and it immediately became a new favorite. I'll definitely be rewatching it soon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

lol at Kvlt! ever being old enough to have body hair

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This masterwork has only existed for a short time but I'm already angry that it's not the official Evil Bong blu-ray cover.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

:five:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

We watched Cult of Chucky, great premise that deserved a bigger budget honestly. I do wish they made like, one more pass with the script because it was in that choppy/half-baked kind of place where you could sees snippets of some really cool stuff in there that they didn't take the time to develop. Still not as good as Child's Play 2 but fun stuff.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m glad there is a corner of the internet that appreciates Deep Blue Sea.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Neo Rasa posted:

We watched Cult of Chucky,

Brad Dourif's daughter looks, sounds, and acts just like her father; it's like real life creepy.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
I watched Deep Blue Sea when I was like 7 and it scared me more than almost any film before or since somehow.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

It’s officially that time of year to get Maximum Spooky bitchesssss

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XTgFtxHhCQ0

💀💀💀

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Happy first day of October everybody! Time to get spooked!

https://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:spooky:The Scream Stream thread is up:spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's this from?