Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

It should be M20 packs right? I still haven't received anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

It should be M20 packs right? I still haven't received anything.

It's Eldraine packs.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Drafting based on what you incorrectly think cards do is a bad move.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm impatiently waiting for ranked, but I finally did the event and found out I like BR knights, so I might go ahead and start building toward that with wildcards instead of just playing my same old poo poo until I draft new cards.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Sinteres posted:

It's Eldraine packs.

Oh then I did get it. I thought the 3 Eldraine packs I got were for the PlayEldraine code that I redeemed but never got the packs for (I have a support ticket in for that).

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
How many of ya'll hopping on the Scrabbling Claws anti-Esper Dance/ Cauldron Familiar / Feasting Troll King train? Three - four copies in the side in every deck everyone!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Turn 1 Secretkeeper sorcery into turn 2 Folio is silly and I will draft this deck every time I am given the chance.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Arglebargle III posted:

Drafting based on what you incorrectly think cards do is a bad move.

Tip: read the card.

I failed this tip when I first read Midnight Clock and Doom Foretold and holy balls are those cards strong.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I circle slammed Outlaws' Merriment so of course in the three games I drew it I have never had the right mana to cast it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Just had one of my favorite lucky bulldozer wins ever where on turn 4 I had three knights out, got the opponent down to exactly 9, and cast the Curry Favor part of three separate Smitten Swordmaster cards in a row. I love BR knights.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's the lists for the 5-0s on Goldfish, much easier to import and look at, which is why I didn't notice the oven list

(Also what modern card is Esper Stax named after?)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The MVP of Outlaw's Merriment WR is currently... gingerbrute.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Smokestack
https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=386294

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Arglebargle III posted:

The MVP of Outlaw's Merriment WR is currently... gingerbrute.

Gingerbrute + cavalcade is unfair.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Late but lmao forever at spending wildcards on some reddit moron's "safe craft list"

The cards aren't going away! Craft them when you're going to use them in a deck, and not before!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jabor posted:

Late but lmao forever at spending wildcards on some reddit moron's "safe craft list"

The cards aren't going away! Craft them when you're going to use them in a deck, and not before!
Yeah I was going to post this but this thread and the reddit are addicted to bad decisions

and besides it's not like people aren't going to bitch when they run out of WCs because they're dupe protectioning into trash cards anyway

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's more "oh geez I want to make this deck but am I wasting poo poo on jank or cards that will be good even if the deck isn't" advice. There were a million such lists for HS when you were trying what to dust/craft, I don't think that anyone is saying "immediately craft all these cards"

zoux fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 1, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

zoux posted:

Here's the lists for the 5-0s on Goldfish, much easier to import and look at, which is why I didn't notice the oven list

Stax actually was originally called The Four Thousand Dollar Solution because it was a very expensive way to beat decks that were prevalent at the time— T4K$S, which became $TAKS

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Stax actually was originally called The Four Thousand Dollar Solution because it was a very expensive way to beat decks that were prevalent at the time— T4K$S, which became $TAKS

Forgetting a key part of that story there

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

exile me to the wastes, there is no place for me in civilization anymore

mandatory lesbian fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 1, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I miss the pollution hellscape angle of Phyrexia

New Phyrexia being built on Mirrodin which was already a loving hellish nightmare world (grass that can disembowel you, population born from kidnapping, everyone born with birth defects, toxic oceans and vast hexagon fields of nothing) kinda numbs that a bit.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

Spiderdrake posted:

New Phyrexia being built on Mirrodin which was already a loving hellish nightmare world (grass that can disembowel you, population born from kidnapping, everyone born with birth defects, toxic oceans and vast hexagon fields of nothing) kinda numbs that a bit.
This is just Earth but with hexagons

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

zoux posted:

I owned almost all the cards for the catbake BR deck and it is great. Would recommend.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 1, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

I owned almost all the cards for the catbake BR deck and it is great. Would recommend.

Yeah same. Instant speed cat rules

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm not sold on mayhem devil but not slamming judith into it is already a huge improvement over a lot of sac decks out there. I didn't own Chandra so I put in legion warboss and he's still a nice card.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Mayhem Devil doesn't die to Shock/Stomp and it punishes anyone trying to eat food

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spiderdrake posted:

Ya old Phyrexia owned. It was nine spheres layered on top of each other with each being worse than the last. First layer was a metal parody of nature, second layer was a big ammo dump/support structure, third was a maze of pipes stalked by horrors, fourth is where everyone lived/were grown, fifth was the universes' supply of glistening oil, sixth sphere was administration, seventh was the furnace room/torture chamber, 8th was pure energy, and ninth was where yawgy hung out.

Cool MTG take on hell but they abandoned that for the stupid new Phyrexia that's all about infecting planes of existence after Karn forgot to wipe off his boots. Yawgmoth, Mishra, Crovax, Volrath, Lim-Dul/Mairsil were so much better villains than Nicol Boringass

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MPL decks

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lovestruck Beast having a warboner for the innkeeper is not an interaction I mentally assembled, but that's pretty legit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The way order of midnight, foulmire knight, lovestruck beast, and innkeeper all step up in that deck is nuts. Midnight rider is less surprising. I like Crokeyz' jund version that runs the op cyclops and beanstalk giant (beanstalk giant's ramp getting doubled is insane).

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

zoux posted:

I think it's more "oh geez I want to make this deck but am I wasting poo poo on jank or cards that will be good even if the deck isn't" advice. There were a million such lists for HS when you were trying what to dust/craft, I don't think that anyone is saying "immediately craft all these cards"

There's a difference between crafting Zilliax or The Lich King, neutral/colourless cards that go in like 97% decks ever played, and a clunkus land that goes in like 20% of decks that are even that colour. It's like saying that Kathrena Winterwisp was a safe craft.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Just be like me and have dozens of incomplete deck drafts on MTGGoldfish before you ever decide to craft any old bull

90% of the reason I ended up in henge is because I opened a Henge, Questing Beast, and Oko in my Green Egg, I'm all in on defaults

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean eldraine is going to be the most offered pack to open going forward so you should use wildcards to craft allegiance mythics you always wanted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

There's a difference between crafting Zilliax or The Lich King, neutral/colourless cards that go in like 97% decks ever played, and a clunkus land that goes in like 20% of decks that are even that colour. It's like saying that Kathrena Winterwisp was a safe craft.

What are you even arguing, that you shouldn’t just snap craft all those “safe” cards? Yeah, I agree. But if you're interested in playing green and you're like “hmmm is Wicked Wolf worth the WCs,” yeah it is, just like if you're interested in Cube Hunter, Kathrena is worth the dust.

I have no idea why this is an issue

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vaah posted:

I've been trying to make Feather work and idk how I feel:

Isencrag Pyromancer feels great once she's on the board with Defiant Strike and Feather/Arcanist.

Claim the Firstborn might have had a spot somewhere but the current henge meta makes it feel like a dead card.

Still haven't tried slotting in adventure cards, but Ardenvale Tactician's tap-down post declaring attackers with feather in the board seems good on paper. Maybe fairy guidemother for evasion and a decent buff on a Legionarie?

Biggest hit was losing Reckless Rage, especially when facing down turn 3 Questing Beasts every other game.

Feather's dead and I can't accept it (nor am I good enough to brew her back into relevancy)

Feather cruuuuuushed my monoblack Catpies deck because they had in their opening hand feather and the white instant that grants a colour protection of your choice. It was brutal.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's P1P1 time again

Lovestruck Beast or Bake into a Pie?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beast and it's not even close.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Grixis Fires is good. However, it is Grixis, which means after the first week it will be very, very bad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

On this issue: my computer can run a lot of AAA games at 1440p@60 no problem and for some reason in Arena whenever I go to the deck select I get super slowdown into the 15fps range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

zoux posted:

What are you even arguing, that you shouldn’t just snap craft all those “safe” cards? Yeah, I agree. But if you're interested in playing green and you're like “hmmm is Wicked Wolf worth the WCs,” yeah it is, just like if you're interested in Cube Hunter, Kathrena is worth the dust.

I have no idea why this is an issue

if you have a limited number of wildcards then you'll want to spend them on cards that you can use in multiple decks. you will not want to use them for cards that can only be played in a small number of decks.

for example, if you want to play the Lance Vance Manse Dance deck then yes Doom Foretold is necessary, but it's good in that deck and only that deck, so you might not want to build it even if that one specific deck is really good.

so when people say Castle Thegreenone is a "safe craft" they're full of poo poo, because it's not even played in all the green midrange decks.

that same dumbass image also has Wildborn Preserver as a 3 of, which is barely played at all.

in short, don't believe everything you see, especially from reddit of all places.