Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DiggityDoink posted:

im regular in the sense that as soon as i take my first sip of coffee in the morning, i have to take a poo poo

literally 2 minutes to launch from first sip, yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the new official yospos dump thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i brought a shelf

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DiggityDoink posted:

i love oolong. pu-ehr is also pretty tasty if you want a really strong flavored tea. i have to drive like 30 minutes to buy loose leaf tea though so i stock up every time i go

im regular in the sense that as soon as i take my first sip of coffee in the morning, i have to take a poo poo

i live right down the street from a huge wholesale tea market and some of the shops in there will sell small quantities to me. theyve got some weird ones that are pretty good, like an oolong that somehow smells like you put steamed milk in it but you didnt? anyway my favorite is 正山小种 which idk how to say in english.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

i live right down the street from a huge wholesale tea market and some of the shops in there will sell small quantities to me. theyve got some weird ones that are pretty good, like an oolong that somehow smells like you put steamed milk in it but you didnt? anyway my favorite is 正山小种 which idk how to say in english.

I’m not a tea guy but I am pretty sure lapsang souchong is popular all over the English speaking world

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

is that what it is? well the ones in china don’t taste smoky like what ive had in america, it’s more of a fruit flavor

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

fart simpson posted:

is that what it is? well the ones in china don’t taste smoky like what ive had in america, it’s more of a fruit flavor

i mean, that is the literal translation of what you typed from translate.google.com

Zhèng shān xiǎo zhǒng => Lapsang Souchong

maybe your local grocer is naming it poorly or you're getting a better/worse quality of product idk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i don't know what a pangolin on your porch is, and bergamot is foul juice of satan

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

pram posted:

I had to give up ibuprofen and coffee because they were literally destroying my bowels :corsair:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Im limited to 1 cupper per day.

:sadpeanut::coffee:

E: Also, dancing in the manner Peanut is here demonstrating would have me on the ground in a few seconds, the holes they drilled in my diaphragm to get at my gall stones (before they went in to get the gall bladder) are really rather painful.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 30, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Im old, y'all. Lol.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Did they also give you a small plastic jar with some of the gallstones they removed?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Schadenboner posted:

Im old, y'all. Lol.

lol.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Zlodo posted:

Did they also give you a small plastic jar with some of the gallstones they removed?

i wish they did this with my appendix. im a bit miffed they tossed some of me without asking

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Schadenboner posted:

Im old, y'all. Lol.

:discourse:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i got my appendix taken out, because it decided the time to explode was shortly after I turned 30. like literally the next day. it’s like I turned 30 and my warranty expired

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
30 is around when i bought my first ergo keyboard i think

i figure i've got 5 to 10 more years of this in me before my wrists explode

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm not sure what they thought giving me milk of magnesia would do after not having had solid foods for ~9 days but, uh, I guess my pooper still works?

:yosbutt:

pram posted:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
when they removed my gallbladder they just sent me home the same day and told me "don't eat much the first day then eat whatever you want and if some food give you some trouble you'll find out"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zlodo posted:

when they removed my gallbladder they just sent me home the same day and told me "don't eat much the first day then eat whatever you want and if some food give you some trouble you'll find out"

Yeah, laparoscopic and home the next day was the original plan for me too but there was more pus and stones than hoped and teh surgeon had to "go loud" (as the kids say these days) and now I have a big sexy zipper scar and day #10 (or maybe 9, I wasn't admitted to ward until last Sunday I guess since I was busy finding out about my morphine sensitivity in the ER until that time?)

E: Lapro and same-day? What the gently caress is that poo poo?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 30, 2019

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So the ward I'm on just got three new rooms added to it (like: today). They renumbered existing rooms (so if you were Room 715 you're now Room 718.

This also means that phone numbers (it's set up 123-4*** where *** is the room number) have also changed.

:cripes:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Schadenboner posted:

ambulatory care for minor surgeries is pretty common in france
i mean if they had to slice me up like they did you i'd have been hospitalized for a few days like you are

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Schadenboner posted:

in america they have same-day "ambulatory" appointments for double mastectomies

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Celebrated my 7th annual 29th birthday this week.

Last year I got an old-man knee pain type scare (could hardly go up the steps in my own house), turns out I still needed to wear the orthotics like I got back in high school and not doing so lead to serious weakness and stress in weird places.

After a year of self-directed correction exercises (and proper shoe inserts) I'm now very judgemental of everyone's posture.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

speaking of that tho ever since like age 35 i am INCREDIBLY regular. between 930 and 10am, without fail, every day.

my rear end is not a slave to some made-up concept like time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it took a while and some effort but i poop every weekday and weekend day at the same time (theyre different)

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I try to get most of my weekly poopin' done when I'm in the office on Saturday mornings by myself.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Agile Vector posted:

i wish they did this with my appendix. im a bit miffed they tossed some of me without asking
when I die throw me in the trash

pram posted:

i got my appendix taken out, because it decided the time to explode was shortly after I turned 30. like literally the next day. it’s like I turned 30 and my warranty expired
mine leaked at around age 20 and it was a rather insanely painful few days. recovery wasn’t loads better due to said pseudorupture

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mine was a chronic appendicitis leading to emergency surgery! one of two ambulance rides I've had in my life

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
me, growing up as a tallfat: I’m always a bit warm I’m like a Viking lol bring on winter it’s what I’m born for

me, mid 30s, dropped weight but still tall, in a hotel room where I have absolute control of the thermostat: hrm I should have packed a sweater I just can’t quite shake this chill but if I turn it up and leave it up overnight I will get a blinding headache at 3AM

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Uptime Sinclair posted:

me, growing up as a tallfat: I’m always a bit warm I’m like a Viking lol bring on winter it’s what I’m born for

me, mid 30s, dropped weight but still tall, in a hotel room where I have absolute control of the thermostat: hrm I should have packed a sweater I just can’t quite shake this chill but if I turn it up and leave it up overnight I will get a blinding headache at 3AM

Just say "Alexa: stop reading my posts to me starting at 2:45"?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

ShadowHawk posted:

Celebrated my 7th annual 29th birthday this week.

:dudsmile:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

Just say "Alexa: stop reading my posts to me starting at 2:45"?
FOH if you think I would ever have an Alexa device. I’ve seen their nutrient vats

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Uptime Sinclair posted:

FOH if you think I would ever have an Alexa device. I’ve seen their nutrient vats
it is every amazon customers final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FMguru posted:

it is every amazon customers final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Anybody here have tendons that seem to freeze up around noon? This problem snuck up on me in my late 30s. Invest in quality shoes and replace them often, young ones.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dear lord is nowhere safe from shoechatte

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i had the plantar fascitis a while back and let me tell you:

(a) it sucks
(b) there's not a whole lot you can do about it
(c) weird arch supports and poo poo don't do a drat thing
(d) in about three months you'll probably feel better, hard to say tho, maybe not

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Oyak posted:

Anybody here have tendons that seem to freeze up around noon? This problem snuck up on me in my late 30s. Invest in quality shoes and replace them often, young ones.

yes, this started in my late 20s

i started exercising more, and had to switch to a sit/stand desk

routine exercise prolongs how long i can remain seated before all my poo poo locks up like i'm 80; the sit/stand desk reduces the amount of time i spend in any one position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my right wrist started hurting pretty bad this week and then it popped really loudly and hurt less? ive never been able to do that with my wrists before. anyway problem solved. worksforme wontfix.