Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orv
May 4, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

If Minaj is still a thing, does that mean I can still keep working on tributes for the bad juju catalyst, or am I screwed until it enters the general loot table?

Everything from the first two years of the game and from Shadowkeep are permanent to the game (barring some bizarre future occurrence that doesn't really need to be considered atm). Only the seasonal stuff will be impermanent and even then the loot from those modes will eventually return, while the modes themselves will not. You have the rest of Destiny 2's lifespan to earn anything you missed from Y1 and Y2.

My broad, wholly unsupported assumption is that each year's expansion content will also be permanent, since it's where they'll add a new patrol space and long-term grind while seasons (again barring another radical content delivery change) will continue to be ephemeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

nerdz posted:

I might stick to new raids because I missed the other 2 from forsaken and I'm too dumb to learn them while loving it up for the veterans

I heard one is pretty chill tho

They are all pretty chill nowadays. I'd be happy to run them with you. I often sherpa people through raids they've never done before.

Hell, I once sherpa'd someone who had never raided before ever through Last Wish while our group was doing all void hunters for the Rivensbane title. We only wiped once despite raiding with a complete newbie and doing an incredibly suboptimal loadout haha.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Panderfringe posted:

It's going to be way longer than that on PC. I guarantee you there will be problems that necessitate the maintenance going longer. I'm honestly not expecting to be able to play until Wednesday.

Really hoping tomorrow isn't a complete mess, but the convergence of launching the game on Steam with acknowledged incomplete license transfers for players, launching Shadowkeep, and launching New Light which could lead to a huge influx of new player sign-ons all on the same day just spells potential giant clusterfuck.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Looking forward to our new home on steam. Hope tomorrow isn't a clusterfuck.

Lol, you must not have been playing this series too long then

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Already an official list of issues

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1178804164886855680

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Well, decided to preload the game since it looks interesting. Warframe's dead for me after the alert rework so maybe this will be an adequate substitute (sarcasm in preceding two words may vary widely).

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ambaire posted:

Well, decided to preload the game since it looks interesting. Warframe's dead for me after the alert rework so maybe this will be an adequate substitute (sarcasm in preceding two words may vary widely).

Welcome! Hop in the Serious Overchill discord, because you will be starting at the same point as everyone going into this expansion, and you will very quickly find people to play with!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[Swoops enormous pile of resources that would deck me out in completely masterworked end-game armor on Day 1]

It's a fresh beginning, friend. Join us and let us build a kingdom anew!!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You think you’re going to have a full set of Masterwork armor on Day 1? :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/dbcxhr/enhancement_prismsascendant_shard_cost/

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Psycho Landlord posted:

Bungie's actually got a pretty good track record with launches so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that's complete rear end talk right there, just the assiest of speech

It's just a convergence of things that any competent developer would have trouble with happening simultaneously. Bungie is not a competent developer. Take that how you will.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yes, I had this reddit thread in mind when I posted. Honestly if you don't have

-80 Legendary Shards
-665 Cores
-1,750 Planet Tokens
-862,500 Glimmer

sitting in your vault as a veteran player, you went out of your way to be poor.

https://twitter.com/rihanna/status/382584719147540480

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So do you get anything for already owning the paid version now it's f2p? I want free goodies.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Just Chamber posted:

So do you get anything for already owning the paid version now it's f2p? I want free goodies.

Luke Smith will personally show up to your house and whisper "remember always that you are mortal" whenever you try to sleep.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

Nope!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Doing two giveaways for Shadowkeep now in SA Gamers discord just FYI. https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Happy to help those in need. The mods are required to spend their money because saving is for chumps. So I got a donation.

Will try to do a 3rd giveaway. I’m drawing at a little after midnight (Cajun time baby!)

Good luck and most importantly, see you all tomorrow for launch. I can’t wait to see the discords and clans and thread going off!

Edit: not related to here but also giving away the new Call of Duty and Ghost Recon too (uplay+ sub). Enter all the giveaways. It’s for goon gamers

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

right in the middle of one of the titan story missions the action just stops while you proceed through a series of Extremely Pretty Hallways and it's honestly one of my favourite moments in the entire game

e: here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHpF8EpFPU&t=483s
(8:03 if the timecode embed doesn't work)

Whisper of the Worm, especially the jumping half, is probably the closest I've seen for an FPS looking like strait-up, gorgeous, 2D concept art.

Also the Pyramidion is a really cool location, even though we all blindsight through it, working on muscle memory alone.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I spent last night emptying my lost item bin and tidying up my Titan's armor and current load out. I am eager to replicate the moon comic as soon as I can log in. Looking forward to moon hopping with goons when I get home from work tomorrow.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

jeepers creepers i hope they up the drop rates for new players or give bonuses for campaign content or something

i mean i'm rich as gently caress but still

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

jeepers creepers i hope they up the drop rates for new players or give bonuses for campaign content or something

i mean i'm rich as gently caress but still

Buying the materials is brute forcing your way to the rewards. The intended way to get 'em is from Nightfalls and possibly other stuff! I bet we're drowning in them in a few weeks.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone know why the servers are down? What's going on?

We came here as a fireteam of six

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Until we know how often the upgrade junk drops from playing the game it doesn't tell us much. All that stuff is gonna be in short supply the next few weeks but after that it's gonna be business as usual.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

For new players, Amanda Holliday will have the quests for the Y1 campaigns (Red War, Osiris, Warmind) so it's possible that she'll have also the intro Cosomdrome mission available for vets who want to do it. Just guessing though

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Is the new stuff coming out tomorrow going to have side-missions that start out solo but wind up railroading you into mandatory pvp steps?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

5er posted:

Is the new stuff coming out tomorrow going to have side-missions that start out solo but wind up railroading you into mandatory pvp steps?

No story missions are gonna require you to pvp I can guarantee you. But there will be some exotic weapon quests that will, for sure.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Rubellavator posted:

No story missions are gonna require you to pvp I can guarantee you. But there will be some exotic weapon quests that will, for sure.

God damnit. Thank you, no sale.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
they are doing away with the Pinnacle weapons and the whole thing about reaching some pvp rank at least

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey destiny thread what do i do about 30 to 50 feral hogs on my moon

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Scratch the belly

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

5er posted:

You don't have to have pinnacle weps you dumbass

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

5er posted:

Things that start out solo but inevitably railroad into mandatory pvp are, pretty universally, things that provide rewards designed explicitly for the pvp side of the game

If you want to make the argument that you deserve 100% of the fabulous weapons from quests then the response is you have to play 100% of the content types and if you don't want to do the latter you don't get to have the former, sorry

E: Thinking about it maybe Lumina is an exception but even there they throw you a bone and let progress be earned by a fire team so you don't have to sit there and maintain a 1.0 efficiency or higher or Shaxx starts laughing at you

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Are they going to have a version of the raid with no enemies so I can explore without having to get people to help me?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Asema posted:

hey destiny thread what do i do about 30 to 50 feral hogs on my moon

Moon’s hog-ted.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Can you chat in game yet? This is not a shitpost I am genuinely curious. I thought I read you could on PC and there is no general channel.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Givin posted:

Can you chat in game yet? This is not a shitpost I am genuinely curious. I thought I read you could on PC and there is no general channel.

there's always been one and it's always been opt in so no one uses it.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Can I just move my Battle.net installation over to where I keep my Steam games, or am I going to have to download 90 gigs on a terrible connection?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

right in the middle of one of the titan story missions the action just stops while you proceed through a series of Extremely Pretty Hallways and it's honestly one of my favourite moments in the entire game

e: here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHpF8EpFPU&t=483s
(8:03 if the timecode embed doesn't work)

I can't be the only person who wishes there was a fuckload more to do on Titan. An entire Hive-infested Arcology you really only visit in depth once.

Airspace posted:

Can I just move my Battle.net installation over to where I keep my Steam games, or am I going to have to download 90 gigs on a terrible connection?

Nope. Gotta download it again, spaceman. The Steam pre-load is encrypted, and signs point to the structure of the install being just different enough that you'd have to download it all again anyway.

Of course you can wait until after the game unlocks on Steam to give it a try.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Givin posted:

there's local chat which nobody uses
there's team chat which you use to whine to your teammates in crucible when you lose
there's clan chat which is handy but less handy than discord

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Airspace posted:

Nobody can say for sure until it releases and turns from big blocks of encrypted prerelease stuff into actual file structure, but probably the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

5er posted:

Lmao stop being so scared of pvp