Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I recommend doing it though, the story is really intended for you to view it first before finishing Anor Londo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Cool thanks, just wasn't sure if I was missing some good end bad end ambiguous choice.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Make sure you get the mistle like 10 feet past it first.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Post ice area: saved my first successor in the City of Burning Flame and I was only able to do it with the Survivor's Treasure Tracker which is a real game changer for me, who can't for her life find poo poo to get a good ending :( where were you when I needed you in Anor Londo?!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Saint Freak posted:

Make sure you get the mistle like 10 feet past it first.

gently caress

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Rascyc posted:

gently caress

it's ok, you're not locked into anything; it just treats it as another area

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rascyc posted:

gently caress

I totally did it the same way as you and it worked out great and the rewards for that optional area are really good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If there isn't a Successor of Butt I'm going to be very disappointed

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I just finished that area and it pops you right back where you picked up the vestige.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Gilded Hunter on NG+ solo is probably gonna be a video game career highlight for me
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488572667

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The number of iframes quick dodge gives is utterly ridiculous, it's like a solid 1/2-3/4 of a second. You were chunking him with the bayonet though, which one is that? Not been impressed with their damage compared to 1hs so far.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I play with partners on because it's fun.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

sushibandit posted:

The number of iframes quick dodge gives is utterly ridiculous, it's like a solid 1/2-3/4 of a second. You were chunking him with the bayonet though, which one is that? Not been impressed with their damage compared to 1hs so far.

I've had trouble getting reasonable-looking setups to quick dodge. There just aren't many weapons light enough.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Turtlicious posted:

I play with partners on because it's fun.

Yakumo owns bones and will carry your terrible butt across pretty much anything if you just stay alive. I was having trouble with those yeetis that people were talking about a page or two back, but then I brought yakumo and he bodyslammed one pretty much on his own.

He really is the best in both gameplay and story.

Plus, tbh, with destiny 2 doing its thing tomorrow and all of the other great games coming out soon, plus the other ones to catch up on, I am very glad that I can play this anime dress up simulator with a dark souls mini game attached without investing too much into it.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

There's a Gift that's basically Havel's Ring (+25% weight), but it's kinda squirreled away later in the game and missable since you need to screw up and get the Queen's Breath instead of Fionn in the ice area

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

In the Ridge of Frozen Souls what am I missing about the brute frost giant enemies? Once they're armored up, nothing I do seems to damage them, except randomly my partner will one-shot them (though more often they get one-shot themselves by the ridiculous Blanka attack). Fire gifts seem to tickle them, but not enough to take them down. The only way I've been reliably able to kill them is to keep dodging until they roll off a cliff.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Stickman posted:

In the Ridge of Frozen Souls what am I missing about the brute frost giant enemies? Once they're armored up, nothing I do seems to damage them, except randomly my partner will one-shot them (though more often they get one-shot themselves by the ridiculous Blanka attack). Fire gifts seem to tickle them, but not enough to take them down. The only way I've been reliably able to kill them is to keep dodging until they roll off a cliff.

Their ice armor buff can be broken by hitting them with sufficient fire damage. It takes quite a bunch to do it but when you do you'll hear a shattering sound effect and they'll stagger. Both Fire Weapon buffed attacks and fire gifts count.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sufficiently strong heavy weapons can also do enough damage to make them beatable even with the armor still on. But they are never easy.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Thanks, worked like a charm. Well, minus still getting run over a few times, but at least I can win now!

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Just in case, (code acquiring question) if I get the "human" code, am I able to get the queen code on ng+, or does it have to be the other way around?

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

sushibandit posted:

Swift Destruction, Weapon Mastery, Final Journey, Adrenaline, and Bridge to Glory are the ones doing all the work. Any quick weapon would do similar damage. I used to have Opportunist in the set up, but it's just real hard to take advantage of it even if they aren't just straight up immune to poison.

Turncoat Mommy fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 1, 2019

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kobogartimer posted:

Just in case, (code acquiring question) if I get the "human" code, am I able to get the queen code on ng+, or does it have to be the other way around?

You can do them in either order, just don't interact with the statue in NG+.

Edit: Also Final Journey is actually a ludicrously good gift for living dangerously. Like, yeah, you'll die as soon as the buff runs out, but goddamn is the buff insanely powerful. Give it a try if you've been avoiding it due to the description, everyone!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the flamethrower.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Mid-Cathedral Vestige spoiler question:

Are we a void type because we took a shitload of damage to our heart before being implanted with the BOR Parasite or because we got infected with the Queen's blood?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
god this character creator really doesn't have any limits, does it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I don't suppose NG+ gives you the option of dyeing blood veils, does it? I'm legitimately going insane over the game having a vast and open-ended character creation process that's then immediately hamstrung by blood veils coming in maybe four colors total across every type.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

You can do them in either order, just don't interact with the statue in NG+.

Edit: Also Final Journey is actually a ludicrously good gift for living dangerously. Like, yeah, you'll die as soon as the buff runs out, but goddamn is the buff insanely powerful. Give it a try if you've been avoiding it due to the description, everyone!
Ah, thank you.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Vermain posted:

I don't suppose NG+ gives you the option of dyeing blood veils, does it? I'm legitimately going insane over the game having a vast and open-ended character creation process that's then immediately hamstrung by blood veils coming in maybe four colors total across every type.

This is by far my biggest gripe with the game. As far as I can tell they don’t even let you show the veil in customization to let you color match and build around it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intoluene posted:

Mid-Cathedral Vestige spoiler question:

Are we a void type because we took a shitload of damage to our heart before being implanted with the BOR Parasite or because we got infected with the Queen's blood?

Our heart got damaged by queen in an attack making us a void type. What made things go weird was when we basically consumed the queen.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Final journey won't kill you if you kill the boss.
Also it's really good to use when you get summoned in for bosses.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

Our heart got damaged by queen in an attack making us a void type. What made things go weird was when we basically consumed the queen.

I'm gonna have to re-watch that cutscene when I get home, thanks!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Intoluene posted:

I'm gonna have to re-watch that cutscene when I get home, thanks!

The bit about what happened to you happens at the start of the flashback. The second bit obviously happens at the end.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I was honestly surprised you have your toolkit for it and it was a real area, I was expecting it to be a "cutscene" area where we're just a nobody for a while

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

The bit about what happened to you happens at the start of the flashback. The second bit obviously happens at the end.

Oh, okay so I was right.

We got hosed up in the heart BEFORE resurrection and the events of "our memory" so we were a void type from the start.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
These keyboard controls are...bad. Not super surprising, but still.

The keys don't even line up with what they're supposed to, the Gift hotkeys are wrong and don't accurately correspond to the buttons I'm pressing.

I'll set my controller up anyway but it's still annoying.

This was a mistake, I literally can't see half the time. Not that I regret it.

The camo is so that they won't see me.

Edit: I take it back, I do regret this decision.

Thumbtacks fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 1, 2019

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i made a Fortified Zweihander and realised I have 100 defence and can literally hold L1 and tank everything while yakumo kills bosses for me, got through the govt area bosses (lmao at Not Ornstein and Smough) and Mido that way

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I just wanna warn people that the multiplayer has the potential to spoil poo poo for you. I'm not 100% sure why or how it works but I've been summoned to like three different bosses I had yet to beat or even know about when I tried it out yesterday. I've since finished the game so whatever, but that was a little stupid.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Obviously if there's a deadmau5 there's a deadca7 and a whole deadfood chain.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

abraxas posted:

I just wanna warn people that the multiplayer has the potential to spoil poo poo for you. I'm not 100% sure why or how it works but I've been summoned to like three different bosses I had yet to beat or even know about when I tried it out yesterday. I've since finished the game so whatever, but that was a little stupid.

This is the truth. It'll just randomly jet you out to help someone in the area you're in. Regardless of what you have or haven't done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

This is the truth. It'll just randomly jet you out to help someone in the area you're in. Regardless of what you have or haven't done.

this is exactly how dark souls coop worked, you could be summoned in to help someone who ends up doing the boss before you have in that zone. it’s a useful thing to learn the boss fight before risking it yourself.

the difference is that in souls you have to interact with a ground marker so you’d see a complete route to boss, while here you can be at start of zone and summoned to end fog wall.