Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bofast posted:

It could also explain why some people are so obsessed with graphics or excessive detail and won't touch something that might have been their dream game but has more reasonable and cost effective visuals or abstracts away certain tedious elements. Maybe their brains just can't paint over any gaps with imagination?

:stare: That makes a shocking amount in sense for being such a nonsensical take on how imagination works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IronicDongz posted:

I wonder when this game(project?) is going to completely collapse. How many years can this possibly continue with no remotely finished product?

90 days tops

:carol:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Bofast posted:

:siren:
https://twitter.com/DavidBraben/status/1178972192337530880
I think we can expect Chris to announce 600 employees soon :D

are they still developing dlc for elite? kinda noped out after the tutorial, I think I'll just wait for a NMS price drop.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mike12345 posted:

are they still developing dlc for elite? kinda noped out after the tutorial, I think I'll just wait for a NMS price drop.

Yes, one just came out like two weeks ago with improved tutorial, next is in December. It has also been confirmed they have some big update in works for the next year (Q3/4, leaks say it's first-person walking and base building) and the current updates are pmuch maintenance mode.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dementropy posted:

star-citizen-alpha-3-7-0e-ptu-3085613-patch-notes

Bug Fixes
Pacheco should be seated properly.
Players should no longer see HUR-L2 on the Starmap.
The MPUV should no longer front flip when taking off.
Targeting and missile brackets should now appear properly for all ground vehicles.
Fuel consumption and thruster heat generation should no longer occur during quantum travel when entering decoupled.
The Reliant pilot seat should no longer be missing textures.
There should no longer be a texture blocking the view in the Hurricane.
The ladder on the Buccaneer should now have collision.
Fixed incorrect exterior turret materials on the Caterpillar.
Volumetric fog should no longer pop off and on in caves.
Bodies in cave should no longer be T-posed.
Objectives should properly update and be given locations for Scramble Race missions.
There should no longer occasionally be a "team setup" window present on the main menu.

I find extremely funny that ALL of those have "should". Like :lol: even the people who put in the work are not sure if it's gonna actually work.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sandweed posted:

loving lol if you think Chris will show up to the courtroom.

He'd likely be able to throw up an impenetrable Chewbacca Defense tho.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Bootcha posted:

:gary: = ( :siren:1 * u:allears: + :siren:2 * :pgabz: + :siren:3 * :what: + :siren:4 * :monocle: + :siren:5 * :aaa: + :siren:6 * :aaaaa: + :siren:7 * :stare: - :siren:8 * :stonk: )
............------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....................................( :haw: + :allears: - :ohdear: + :mad: + :gonk: )

This time....

TOMORROW

Handbanana, NOOOOOOO

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I won't post these all the time but if you are in the habit of skipping pages these may be of interest:
September Set 1 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-17/
September Set 2 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-30/

I know ppl don't want to check another site/app every day so I'll find a place on SA for the recaps to live soon.

TheAgent posted:

I'll be onsite and completely loving drunk (but v respectful) during space court

gonna livetweet me a loving crobear quote

:jackbud:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Holy gently caress, this constant smug shitizen reddit one-upmanship is sickening. :wrongful:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'd be fine with bringing back anime posting if we banned reddit screencaps forever.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Prop Wash posted:

It's going to be particularly easy to grief these people if all it takes is a bright pink jumpsuit.

edit: dogge tax in a game that lets me be exactly as garish as i wanna be

Please, please tell me that buttizens are going to make a go at appropriating "whale."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sandweed posted:

I'd be fine with bringing back anime posting if we banned reddit screencaps forever.

Think about what you're saying. :ohdear:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Think about what you're saying. :ohdear:

They only ever consider if they ‘can’, not if they ‘should’.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Tokamak posted:

Clicking on something and having menu popup with a bunch of verbs was a common design in old pc adventure games.

Use pulley with rubber chicken being my fave.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sandweed posted:

Both are cool and good and sould be encouraged.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Zzr posted:

Both are cool and good and sould be encouraged.

The worst kind of compromise.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandweed posted:

quote:

I vote to have anime characters use reddit screencaps as dialog bubbles.
/

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Sandweed posted:

Mandatory double posting of forum screenshots and exile to Fark for posting anime is just common sense IMHO.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Seriously though I love them screenshots.

Usually.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
But without Reddit screencaps we wouldn't have known about those sexy bears...

(Hi Tojal)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Doesn't this guy have a hitlist of his own written on Reddit? He's a conspiracy nut of the highest degree if I've ever seen one. That thread reads like a conspiracy nuts wet dream.

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Maybe it's my embarrassing 2 or 3 thousand hours of playtime from the 2.6 days but an avenger chasing a bucc? They have it all wrong, don't make me go all fanboy on that dumb image!

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

Virtual Captain posted:

I won't post these all the time but if you are in the habit of skipping pages these may be of interest:
September Set 1 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-17/
September Set 2 - https://pricelesstrainwreck.github.io/post/2019-09-30/

I know ppl don't want to check another site/app every day so I'll find a place on SA for the recaps to live soon.

:jackbud:

I bookmarked for when I do fall behind which is almost a weekly basis. Thank you, you fine gentleman.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tippis posted:

:stare: That makes a shocking amount in sense for being such a nonsensical take on how imagination works.

Sir, I think you will find that this is the Star Citizen thread. Things don't have to make sense in the real world to make sense here :)

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

rePool posted:

Maybe it's my embarrassing 2 or 3 thousand hours of playtime from the 2.6 days but an avenger chasing a bucc? They have it all wrong, don't make me go all fanboy on that dumb image!

And we get a new community manager to do the weekly write-up. The turnover on those must be insane.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

rePool posted:

But it's the cop ship chasing the robber ship, duh!!

lmfao what

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

lmfao what

Goon opsec is fast becoming a cruel and ironic joke.

STOP TELLING THEM OUR PLANS.

George is going to be pissed if we have to clear out all the safe houses again.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tippis posted:

It'd make more sense if Star Citizen wasn't 95% gaps.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

But without Reddit screencaps we wouldn't have known about those sexy bears...

:hmmyes:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

lmfao what

I feel you need to step in and handle this. It is making us look bad.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Goon opsec is fast becoming a cruel and ironic joke.

STOP TELLING THEM OUR PLANS.

George is going to be pissed if we have to clear out all the safe houses again.

Ever since we lost our super secret sub-forum we no longer have a dedicated thread to our super secret plans of *checks notes*

Laughing at people.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ever since we lost our super secret sub-forum we no longer have a dedicated thread to our super secret plans of *checks notes*

Laughing at people.

Honestly, it's like we're not running a multinational effort to destroy a space game and we're just a bunch of old nerds taking the piss.

Have you no respect for your rank, sir? Have you no deference to the nearly tens of people involved in this effort?

I'm going to have to bring this up at the next quorum.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bootcha posted:

:gary: = ( :siren:1 * u:allears: + :siren:2 * :pgabz: + :siren:3 * :what: + :siren:4 * :monocle: + :siren:5 * :aaa: + :siren:6 * :aaaaa: + :siren:7 * :stare: - :siren:8 * :stonk: )
............------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....................................( :haw: + :allears: - :ohdear: + :mad: + :gonk: )

This time....

TOMORROW

Well?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sandweed posted:

This, but unironically.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hav posted:

I'm going to have to bring this up at the next quorum. with my mom.

Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlmUTCxK6tI