Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think if it was just magic or demons they would've made it more explicit, it's almost certainly "Mashin" to ape Machine just like "Enjin" in Go-onger was used for Engine. Kiramei is probably shiny for the metal bits. Maybe they'll look Metal Hero-y? It will be funny if both Sentai and Rider are doing technology themes tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think if it was just magic or demons they would've made it more explicit, it's almost certainly "Mashin" to ape Machine just like "Enjin" in Go-onger was used for Engine. Kiramei is probably shiny for the metal bits. Maybe they'll look Metal Hero-y? It will be funny if both Sentai and Rider are doing technology themes tho.

*wishes real hard that Shinya Tsukamoto is somehow involved*

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I did a marathon of Ryusoulger eps and I think its a very good episodic show. There isn't a lot of carry over from show to show, which hurts it greatly, but the target demo isn't me. I also think the toys are neat so maybe I'm the target idiot. Who knows. It falls into the comfort food toku realm which is why I treasure it. No matter how hosed up poo poo gets, I know Koh and Co are gonna slap the piss out of some monsters and Kreon's gonna be a glorious little poo poo.

Compare this to the Cops vs Thieves season where they really had a great idea and pissed all over it. I think having Lupin Red lean harder into being a dick each time you have a character breakthrough with him really undid that show multiple levels.

I'd happily enjoy a prestige netflix show where Kreon is hired by some government agency to kill people in terrible ways. "I kept calling him emperor flea dick until he jumped out a window, that'll be $25k and free movie passes"

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

coconono posted:

I did a marathon of Ryusoulger eps and I think its a very good episodic show. There isn't a lot of carry over from show to show, which hurts it greatly, but the target demo isn't me. I also think the toys are neat so maybe I'm the target idiot. Who knows. It falls into the comfort food toku realm which is why I treasure it.

No matter how hosed up poo poo gets, I know Koh and Co are gonna slap the piss out of some monsters and Kreon's gonna be a glorious little poo poo.
To the first point, absolutely. That is exactly what Sentai is to me and it is all it needs to be for me to love it. That's why I hate when people doomsay Sentai or say it needs to take a hiatus or something to reinvent itself. Sentai is fine. It doesn't have to innovate or be the best thing in the world every year. It can just be a comfy thirty minutes of your week where you get to see good triumph over evil thanks to the efforts of some kindhearted goofballs. Of course it's better when the plot and character development are stronger, but even Sentai at its absolute worst (Ninninger) had enough good in it to keep me watching until the end.

To the second, hell yeah Kreon is the loving best. I've adored that kid from day 1 and he has never not been wonderful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/crasspants/status/1178849562728923137

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

coconono posted:

I did a marathon of Ryusoulger eps and I think its a very good episodic show. There isn't a lot of carry over from show to show, which hurts it greatly, but the target demo isn't me. I also think the toys are neat so maybe I'm the target idiot. Who knows. It falls into the comfort food toku realm which is why I treasure it. No matter how hosed up poo poo gets, I know Koh and Co are gonna slap the piss out of some monsters and Kreon's gonna be a glorious little poo poo.

Compare this to the Cops vs Thieves season where they really had a great idea and pissed all over it. I think having Lupin Red lean harder into being a dick each time you have a character breakthrough with him really undid that show multiple levels.

I'd happily enjoy a prestige netflix show where Kreon is hired by some government agency to kill people in terrible ways. "I kept calling him emperor flea dick until he jumped out a window, that'll be $25k and free movie passes"

You're not the only target idiot. I'm waiting impatiently on the mini-pla releases. After swearing I wasn't going to collect this one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Failson posted:

You're not the only target idiot. I'm waiting impatiently on the mini-pla releases. After swearing I wasn't going to collect this one.

I like the modular concept because the creativity it gives kids. The whole mecha collection is a build your own super robot kit. Sweet deal to me.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Is there really going to be a new key every episode?

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

V-Men posted:

Probably for the first dozen or so episodes. That's how other Riders have done it recently.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

We'll see if they use the Machine romanization if that's the case since we likely wont see it before the actual promotional stuff starts showing up. Kiramei is definitely broad enough to apply to practically anything though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Watched GenMs translation for 01-5. It's amazing how great this show is doing.

Stuff I liked:
More backstory and goals!
The way he got his new Progrisekey. He didn't get it thrown into his lap or just cause he's the lead. Nope, he earned it in story. He noticed the drill could overheat from the shotgun blast that grazed the drill and had it made for that occasion. Yes, it's simple but it's a proper excuse and shows Aruto growing.
Isamu barely stifling his amusement at Aruto's joke. (which had a great translation and perfect timing)
The whole self awareness and self worth angle they were going for.

Stuff I don't like:
The suit. It's weird, usually the suit grows on me. But Rising Hopper is going the other way.
I think Hopper has just a little too much black on him and just looks cheap and unfinished. When he combines with Biting Shark and Falcon it gets better. But now his new heat form just looks terrible again in most shots as it just looks so dang cheap and fake. It literally looks like someone just pasted some plastic on the black base suit. It's a shame. :(

V-Men posted:

Probably, but if they keep doing it like this I won't mind.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Speaking of Genm Corp, they just announced on their twitter that Taiga and the corresponding Voice Dramas 10-13 will be released this week, at last.

I think in ep12, Treagar finally confesses as to what his true mission on this particular Earth is.

:toot: I’m on a trip right now so this will be nice to come home to

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I feel bad for the Monster Factory HumaGear who begins to achieve consciousness based on his duty to be funny looking.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ryusoulger has now reached the level of "okay" for me, which is good enough. I'm glad the most recent episodes had some interaction between the Druidons. It kind of annoyed me how Wyzul just disappeared when Galicheus showed up and was also notably absent when Tankjoh was revived, so having the two of them actually talking face to face was good, and there's some hints that there's some bigger force at work now so that's nice.

I am however really excited and hopeful about Nada. There's a lot of potential there and he's definitely up to something but it's unclear what. I don't think he's Gaisorg, just due to the line about "I couldn't take this armor off even if I wanted," plus they definitely foreshadowed Gaisorg as being Towa and Bamba's old master, though that could have been purposefully misleading us. But Nada is definitely purposely trying to undermine Koh, and it very much seems like he was setting up Koh to accidentally kill Asuna. I'm very interested in the line he says after that, where he says "You can rest easy. I'll do a good job as Red." Now, he may just have been overconfident and assumed his plan worked, Asuna died, and Koh quit being a Ryusoulger. That's entirely possible. It's also possible that he thinks even if this specific plan didn't work, that Koh quitting is inevitable. Or maybe he means something else, who knows. I really really hope they don't drop the ball on this like they did with Noel in LuPat.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

V-Men posted:

Going by toy scans, Hornet will be the last good guy key and then we'll get the two bad guys transforming on screen. I'm pretty sure that will cover it for a few episodes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SpazmasterX posted:

Going by toy scans, Hornet will be the last good guy key and then we'll get the two bad guys transforming on screen. I'm pretty sure that will cover it for a few episodes.

There's also the big Suit Mammoth whatever.

And eventual mid season upgrade but Tiger is the last 'normal' one for 01 He's also going to lose Falcon to Jin who uses it for his Rider form.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Really late to the party, but I finally watched the last few episodes of Zi-O. I'm really amused by some of the fanservice deep cuts they saved for the final stretch, although I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't make some sort of pre-filmed montage of the guest Riders all getting their powers back or something.

What a mixed bag that show was, quality-wise, but I'd still say it was better than Decade.

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And eventual mid season upgrade but Tiger is the last 'normal' one for 01[/spoiler]
His last one is actually Freezing Bear. It looks okay but it's not particularly interesting compared to Flaming Tiger.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The end bits of Zi O, like the landmarks and monsters of all the rider worlds overlapping were great. Decade and Diend's dating/flirting/attempting to murder each other, also great. "I order you to rejoice." All good

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
Oh, and on another Zero-One tangent: Suit actor credits have been put up for the next episodes. Based on order of creditation (Which up until this point has been Zero-One, Vulcan, and Valkyrie's suit actors in order), two more have appeared:
Seiji Takaiwa, who we know is Horobi
And Eitoku, who is likely (based on appearance in credits) playing Jin.
Given the fact they're both portraying Riders called Masked Riders and not Kamen Riders, and use tech from 12 years ago, I wonder if this is all meant to be part of a more elaborate homage. Before Decade, Kamen Riders were officially romanized as Masked Riders. From W onwards, they're Kamen Riders. This is maintained even in future crossovers, such as Kamen Rider #4 where Kamen Riders Drive and Mach are accompanied by Masked Riders Faiz and Zeronos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh by the way, the whole Masked Rider thing was contradicted by another source that used Kamen Rider for them

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh by the way, the whole Masked Rider thing was contradicted by another source that used Kamen Rider for them
Yeah, Uchusen's "Detail of Heroes" preview. TV-Kun magazine is the one that used the "Masked" denotation instead of "Kamen." So right now the two countering sources are just magazines of similar levels in terms of being official material. We'll likely get actually official word on it next week once the Kamen Rider official site puts up Horobi or Jin's concept art, since the actual pages for those tend to have the names in English alongside Japanese.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ben77878871/status/1179271669162094592

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I wonder if Jin's transformation sounds will be different, or if it'll still be the prepare for a force one.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I wonder if Jin's transformation sounds will be different, or if it'll still be the prepare for a force one.

The MetsuboJinrai Force Driver does not use the chants. It uses a generic line for all Keys, "ForceRise! (Key)! Break Down!"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Fred is on posted:

What a mixed bag that show was, quality-wise, but I'd still say it was better than Decade.
Decade S2 was indeed better than the original. :v:

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
That's the Uchusen preview of Detail of Heroes.
This is the TV-Kun source for "Masked Rider."

Again, we'll have a proper answer this weekend as to which one is actually right.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Failson posted:

My dream of a boat-themed sentai waits another year.

This week's episode of Zero One taught me that Japan also has horrible Mcmansions.

It is kind of weird that so few boat-related mechs show up in Sentai. Hell, the series about pirates had exactly one thing that resembled a watercraft.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Geostomp posted:

It is kind of weird that so few boat-related mechs show up in Sentai. Hell, the series about pirates had exactly one thing that resembled a watercraft.

It pretty much had one thing period though, since no main robot other than the Gokai Galleon mattered, and the rest were all legacy robots.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17BI7v7msg

"Two who would have never crossed paths"

SOUGO WHAT DID YOU DO

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Bought a box of the candy-toy sound Progrise keys. They are nice, and VERY loud, and now I feel badly for Japanese parents.

Only disappointment is none of them have the Shotrise clips.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J17BI7v7msg

"Two who would have never crossed paths"

SOUGO WHAT DID YOU DO

Is this a new show? It says "series."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's the winter movie

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unless it's a TL error, it just means however they're branding the Movie War/Heisei Gens slot now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Movies can also be in a series.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TokuNation/status/1179946253020385282

I want iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm really enjoying the general trend of Kamen Rider eps ditching the two-part structure over the last few years, these early Zero-One eps have been very snappy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Two part episodes haven't been a real thing for like 6 years.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Waffleman_ posted:

Two part episodes haven't been a real thing for like 6 years.

Zi-O just did a lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Which has been the exception