Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Terror Sweat posted:

What are your guys’ thoughts on ONE adding that hero association kid hostage and changing it from an assault mission to a rescue mission? I’m not really sure it added that much, but I did like when sweet mask killed all the hero association guys in suits

It helps explain why the S-Ranks split up instead of just blitzing through (well, it adds more sense beyond "Team work is for pussies"). I'm guessing it'll help set up stuff later on with the Neo-Heroes as well but as others have said, gotta wait and see how it plays out. Await my answer in 2 years time. It's also nice to get to see the S-Ranks really going for it before getting chummped and with Child Emperor getting to see his discontent toward being the only one trying to actively coordinate things. The HA kid helps this by asking CE questions and just facilitates airing some issues that are going to be building up from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't they say that if there wasn't a hostage they would have just bombed the place?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Soon:

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Who the gently caress drew this awful masterpiece?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Raws for 117 are up:

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=118

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
And translation
https://mangadex.org/chapter/721158/1

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I can't believe Speed of Sound Sonic has mastered the sideways hop.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Speed of sound sonic is the diciple learning actual fighting techniques from Saitama while Genos is left with the philosophy

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
They are definitely going to both fight Saitama moving forward just to get stronger, now that they realize their improvement was from fighting him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dotn even remember what happened

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

They are definitely going to both fight Saitama moving forward just to get stronger, now that they realize their improvement was from fighting him.

Their smugness evaporates as they realize all those attacks that they 'dodged' caused craters to appear where there used to be mountains.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Lightspeed Flash is a much better name than Flashy Flash

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

Their smugness evaporates as they realize all those attacks that they 'dodged' caused craters to appear where there used to be mountains.

"Heh, looks like I dodged that attack so hard I destroyed that mountain by accident! See Saitama that's why you don't stand a chance against me!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

"Heh, looks like I dodged that attack so hard I destroyed that mountain by accident! See Saitama that's why you don't stand a chance against me!"

relax aizen

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Billzasilver posted:

Lightspeed Flash is a much better name than Flashy Flash

Shining Flash would be better as it's supposed to be based on the burst of light rather than speed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Flashy Flash is an awesome name, it has the word redundancy, the multiple meanings ("flamboyant fast guy" and "burst of light-like burst of light") and it flows really well and is fun to say; it's pretty much the whole package. They're also obviously already evoking speed by using things like light and sound to name fast ninja men, the argument there doesn't really sway me tbh.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

yum posted:

Speed of sound sonic is the diciple learning actual fighting techniques from Saitama while Genos is left with the philosophy

tbf Genos' upgrades as essentially freebies, so he has a lot of free time. While our boy Sonic is out there workin for it

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wrong thread lol

Bisse fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 1, 2019

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's nice to see that having a goal has been good for Sonic

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I reread the manga from Ultimate Garou to beyond and man, I forgot how many things got set up for the future. The ninja village, Neo Heroes, whatever the hell's wrong with Sweet Mask, Garou and King possibly talking if he didn't run away at the sight of him.

But you try and ask ONE what's gonna happen next and all you can get is

So many interesting plotlines :negative:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Don’t forget God, Blast and genos’s story

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess this is a good place to ask, is there much point in reading Mob Psycho 100 vs watching the anime? Does the style lose much in the transition to animation?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The anime is probably the best way to enjoy Mob Psycho 100, but we still need a season 3.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

gently caress, man. Don't do this to me. :negative:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Going by MP100 ONE isnt the type to just leave open threads.
Even the DNA House guy got a sorta epilogue.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

They already covered Genos's story? It was that whole wall-of-text explanation with Saitama not giving two fucks about it.

Or maybe you're talking about ONE actually moving that plot piece on his story chess board, then I getcha

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

There's also "The Organization" with all their robots floating around.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Parrotine posted:

They already covered Genos's story? It was that whole wall-of-text explanation with Saitama not giving two fucks about it.

Or maybe you're talking about ONE actually moving that plot piece on his story chess board, then I getcha

Genos still needs to find the guy that murdered his family

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

RatHat posted:

I guess this is a good place to ask, is there much point in reading Mob Psycho 100 vs watching the anime?

I don't understand why there wouldn't be a point in reading an enjoyable manga. Are you the type of person that never reads the same book or watches the same movie or tv episode twice?

To me this just boils down to that there's more to the enjoyment of a piece of media than just finding out what the plot is.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RatHat posted:

I guess this is a good place to ask, is there much point in reading Mob Psycho 100 vs watching the anime? Does the style lose much in the transition to animation?

It's a much dryer take on the story than the anime, much less saccharine. Personally, I prefer it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tiistai posted:

I don't understand why there wouldn't be a point in reading an enjoyable manga. Are you the type of person that never reads the same book or watches the same movie or tv episode twice?

To me this just boils down to that there's more to the enjoyment of a piece of media than just finding out what the plot is.

There’s so much entertainment out there nowadays I don’t often read/watch the same series twice, no.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well poo poo, looking at the Murata version of the redraw it looks like things are gonna be going in a different direction.

poo poo's gonna start popping off

https://twitter.com/ONE_rakugaki/status/1190605468118351873

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 14, 2019

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
The best way to end the year.
Or start the new one, I guess.
New chapter ahoy.
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=119

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I don't trust that pretty boy.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Translation up: https://mangadex.org/chapter/777660/1

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit nevermind missed a page

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It's always funny to see someone get Gouketsu'ed

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's amazing how the same gag is always just as funny as the last time.

I wasn't expecting this at all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's been so long between arcs that I forgot how this comic works and was legitimately surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SUPREME HERO PRODUCTION PROJECT

Looks like someone's gonna get a Glow Up