Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I finally watched Trick Or Treat, I guess I'd always dismissed it because the DVD cover was so bad but I really loved it. Being a metal head helped too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

He definitely stood out in Eyes of Laura Mars.

That movie has one of the most unreal casts ever. Like maybe one of my top 5 favorite casts.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That movie has one of the most unreal casts ever. Like maybe one of my top 5 favorite casts.

You don't want to know how long it took me to notice John Carpenter was involved with it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I mentioned it before but all true Dourif fans should watch Spontaneous Combustion, a 1990 Tobe Hooper film in which our man has the power to spontaneously combust.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I pity the fool who was cast to follow up Dourif's Piter De Vries character in Dune.

The bro left some big eyebrows to fill.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

I pity the fool who was cast to follow up Dourif's Piter De Vries character in Dune.

The bro left some big eyebrows to fill.

They should have cast Fiona Dourif.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

Voyager in general is a massive waste of great characters.

I disagree in that I don’t think voyager had great characters beyond Kim and Paris.

Of course the biggest problem with voyager was that Janeway was literally better than everyone else at their own jobs.

An enterprise crewed entirely by Picards wouldn’t last a week, voyager crewed entirely by janeways would have reached earth in a week.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I disagree in that I don’t think voyager had great characters beyond Kim and Paris.

Weird take, most people would say the Doctor and Seven. Kim? Really? Dude almost slept through that role.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Drunkboxer posted:

Weird take, most people would say the Doctor and Seven. Kim? Really? Dude almost slept through that role.

My bad, forgot the Doctor.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Kim? Really? Dude almost slept through that role.

If memory serves, he was pretty blazed during his Voyager career.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Franchescanado posted:

I did a full write-up in the October thread, but The Ruins is really loving good, everyone.
It really, really is.

Lumbermouth posted:

Dourif also got an Emmy nomination for his work in Deadwood, which is also top loving tier.

Holy loving poo poo, the Doc is Chucky! How did I not realize that?!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Of course the biggest problem with voyager was that Janeway was literally better than everyone else at their own jobs.

An enterprise crewed entirely by Picards wouldn’t last a week, voyager crewed entirely by janeways would have reached earth in a week.

Nah most folks on that ship were cool imo or least fine. Then Enterprise was the opposite they had a cool premise and initial take on the setting and then squandered it with characters I almost universally couldn't stand.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Neo Rasa posted:

Nah most folks on that ship were cool imo or least fine. Then Enterprise was the opposite they had a cool premise and initial take on the setting and then squandered it with characters I almost universally couldn't stand.

Voyager had a cool premise too, they just mostly forgot about it a few episodes into the show.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Voyager cast’s best horror films:

Robert Beltran: Night of the Comet
Robert Picardo: Gremlins 2
Kate Mulgrew: A Stranger Is Watching (?)
Jeri Ryan: Dracula 2K (???)

The Rest: :confused:

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Boinks posted:

I finally watched Trick Or Treat, I guess I'd always dismissed it because the DVD cover was so bad but I really loved it. Being a metal head helped too.

I've seen it several times since it came out on VHS back in the day. Never knew until recently that the guy who played Sammi Curr was also the white gang leader in Michael Jackson's "Beat It" video.

Great soundtrack, too.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Drunkboxer posted:

The Voyager cast’s best horror films:

Robert Beltran: Night of the Comet
Robert Picardo: Gremlins 2
Kate Mulgrew: A Stranger Is Watching (?)
Jeri Ryan: Dracula 2K (???)

The Rest: :confused:

neelix was in critters

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

neelix was in critters

Oh poo poo you’re right. I figured he was in something but I was trying to come up with them off the top of my head. How dare I forget my beloved Critters.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Late to shark movie chat but there’s a pretty good little movie called The Reef, it’s pretty standard fair but still quite fun and apparently involved a lot if real sharks.

Deep blue sea remains king of all non-jaws related shark movies however,

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Voyager had a cool premise too, they just mostly forgot about it a few episodes into the show.

I mean, it was just TNG but heading towards earth instead of away from it. :D

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This seems like as good a place as any to list my reasons why I believe Star Trek First Contact is a horror movie:

1. The borg are zombies
2. body horror happens
3. the borg queen is sort of a witch if you think about it
4. uh... Worf.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

This seems like as good a place as any to list my reasons why I believe Star Trek First Contact is a horror movie:

1. The borg are zombies
2. body horror happens
3. the borg queen is sort of a witch if you think about it
4. uh... Worf.

Borg queen's played by Alice Krieg who's been in a bunch of horror movies.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

M_Sinistrari posted:

Captain Picard is played by Patrick Stewart, who has suffered from male pattern balding since a very young age and that terrifies most men.

TheOmegaWalrus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 1, 2019

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

She also played Mary Shelley once, and she invented the SciFi/Horror genre (which is what Star Trek First Contact definitely is).

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Drunkboxer posted:

She also played Mary Shelley once, and she invented the SciFi/Horror genre (which is what Star Trek First Contact definitely is).

I thought you meant Alice Krige invented sci fi horror and was quite perplexed! Quite!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay, on my Halloween playlist this year I have several songs that reference a "Yanush" (Janusz?) alongside a bunch of other classic horror monsters. Who is this and where are they from?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Patrick Stewart is in Lifeforce, posers.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Alice Krige is playing the witch in the upcoming Gretel and Hansel, so yeah, it checks out.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

feedmyleg posted:

Okay, on my Halloween playlist this year I have several songs that reference a "Yanush" (Janusz?) alongside a bunch of other classic horror monsters. Who is this and where are they from?

Maybe it's Janosz, the Peter MacNicol character from Ghostbusters II?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Maybe it's Janosz, the Peter MacNicol character from Ghostbusters II?

One of 'em is from Bobby "Boris" Pickett, so way too early unfortunately.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

One of 'em is from Bobby "Boris" Pickett, so way too early unfortunately.

It was a graveyard gently caress

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
e: ^^^ It took me a second, but this just made me almost spit Coke through my nose. Comedy Bang Bang rules. I saw them at a live show in KC last month, it was fantastic. :v:

Spite posted:

Patrick Stewart is in Lifeforce, posers.

He was also a neo-nazi in Green Room, which made his genetic baldness a bonus.

T3hRen3gade fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 1, 2019

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I saw Patrick Stewart when he was performing a one man version of A Christmas Carol and it fuckin' blew me away on an existential level. Didn't even have any props besides one chair and a desk and also some fantastic lighting.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m five minutes into Five Dolls For An August Moon and it’s the most Italian movie I’ve ever seen.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

feedmyleg posted:

Janos was a name Bobby Pickett used in a couple of songs like Monster’s Holiday and Monster Mash Party. I think he was possibly just trying to think of another Igor-esque name for a horror henchman, but it’s possible he was specifically referencing the henchman from Lugosi’s Murders in the Rue Morgue, or even Karloff’s character in the Invisible Ray, but he was a scientist and not a henchman

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

I’m five minutes into Five Dolls For An August Moon and it’s the most Italian movie I’ve ever seen.

Time to first J&B whiskey sighting?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Neo Rasa posted:

Time to first J&B whiskey sighting?

Oh like two and a half minutes in.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

feedmyleg posted:

He is obviously talking about JANUS the line of overpriced Norwegian wool clothing.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Man, if you ever wanted a horror movie that’s 25 percent dudes arguing about who’s taking a board game home, Witchboard is for you.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Splint Chesthair posted:

Man, if you ever wanted a horror movie that’s 25 percent dudes arguing about who’s taking a board game home, Witchboard is for you.

Too close to real life for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Splint Chesthair posted:

I watched that movie as a kid, the construction site death was loving brutal when I first saw it. I really like the ending tho. _____no survivors!_____