Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's like they're determined to grab a part of that huge upset attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, they suddenly remembered how to rugby.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Oh, they suddenly remembered how to rugby.

What even was that after the previous 20 minutes?

Fickou is France's best player just now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
France are so loving weird.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

goatface posted:

France are so loving weird.

Always have been, probably always will be.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Serin has totally changed the pace France are playing at.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Typical I leave to do something and miss all the fun stuff.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

A moment of silence please for our Canadian brothers who are about to die.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Aramoro posted:

A moment of silence please for our Canadian brothers who are about to die.

It looks super hot and humid like uncomfortable sweaty balls hot down there

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jedimastafez posted:

It looks super hot and humid like uncomfortable sweaty balls hot down there

Fitting as Canada are about to enter the Rugby equivalent of hell for 80 minutes.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?
Canada fans - just curious. Has there ever been anyone on the Canada rugby team that had NHL bloodlines?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

victorious posted:

Yeah, but call me unpatriotic because I'm not planning on watching the whole thing... at least the next two games are on at more reasonable times.

Yeah that's my plan too. Sad as it is - this is going to be a murder and don't see the point in being shattered tomorrow for that.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wait, what? He got that down?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Canada's plan for 80 minutes of scrum resets was looking good.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Generous call from Poite there. Looked like he'd lost that ball before the line.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I really do struggle with these French reffed games

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Also don't do that poo poo. That just looks bad for the game as a whole if you keep packing down a scrum and then muscle over the minnows from 10 out.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Also don't do that poo poo. That just looks bad for the game as a whole if you keep packing down a scrum and then muscle over the minnows from 10 out.

gently caress you I want 150 points.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vaders Jester posted:

Generous call from Poite there. Looked like he'd lost that ball before the line.

I think penalty try was a reasonable call there really. I mean NZ didn't need to do that but it was fine really.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I think penalty try was a reasonable call there really. I mean NZ didn't need to do that but it was fine really.

Ah, no yellow card made it look like he'd just given a try.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Short, I think

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
No need to be this tricky on either touch line just play properly you idiots

edit: yes, thank you Sexy Bill Williams

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Oct 2, 2019

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I'm best buds with Richie Mo'unga irl.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Barrett could've eaten a card for that...

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Barrett could've eaten a card for that...

Yeah he got a bit lucky there I think.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Canada aren't doing horribly but are gonna get slaughtered in the last 20 when they run out of steam

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Reiko not doing himself any favours so far

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Catch the ball lads.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

Having the Barretts completely dominate this game probably isn’t helping with that whole world thinking we are all related thing.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Really need a handicap system in rugby for games like these, maybe the kiwis have to play league rules against everyone else

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

How long have these chip kicks as American football-style end zone fade routes been a thing?

also I double checked, 24 degrees C and 90+% humidity in Oita tonight for this game :stonk:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

harperdc posted:

How long have these chip kicks as American football-style end zone fade routes been a thing?

also I double checked, 24 degrees C and 90+% humidity in Oita tonight for this game :stonk:

I want to say the first cross field kick try was maybe 10-15 years ago. Assuming that's what you mean, I understood nothing after the word kick.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Kick passes have been around for a while but they're really effective against poorer opposition so they're happening a lot this year.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Me and Richie like to joke and talk about shared interests when we're hanging out.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Aramoro posted:

I want to say the first cross field kick try was maybe 10-15 years ago. Assuming that's what you mean, I understood nothing after the word kick.

The fade route like this is a common way to try and get a touchdown in American football when you're close in almost identical circumstances. It's got a bit better odds than in football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx6_oAAqGYI

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:stare: the ABs have blitzed them in the 2nd half.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Why does the brown beaker have lab glasses on?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Why does the brown beaker have lab glasses on?

He has a degenerative condition in one eye so wants to protect his vision.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh that is really unpleasant. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:lol: