Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is ODST single player worth getting for €5 or whatever it is? I only ever played 1 and 2

My only complaint is that you spend a lot of the game in night vision, giving everything that greenish-white overlay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I just tried dirt rally 2.0 from game pass on xbox and those graphics are loving horrible, literal garbage looking.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, it's an xbox

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
On the opposite end, goddamn Forza Horizon 4 is loving gorgeous.

Except there is way too much "going on" in that game. Navigating the menu system is utter hell with the 8 trillion "seasons" and events and leveling and I can't follow my progress for loving poo poo. I have no idea what's going on in that game.

Still have fun just farting around in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

343 also screwed up the remasters with the graphics update. They took away the colorful palette of Halo 1 & 2, in favor of everything blending together and becoming difficult to see. Classic Halo 1 & 2 are way more pleasing on the eyes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Celexi posted:

I just tried dirt rally 2.0 from game pass on xbox and those graphics are loving horrible, literal garbage looking.

Rally 2.0 looks great on One X, but that doesn't save the fact that it's a piece of poo poo rally sim overall.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

BonoMan posted:

On the opposite end, goddamn Forza Horizon 4 is loving gorgeous.

Except there is way too much "going on" in that game. Navigating the menu system is utter hell with the 8 trillion "seasons" and events and leveling and I can't follow my progress for loving poo poo. I have no idea what's going on in that game.

Still have fun just farting around in it.

Just use the "find me a race" thing from the assistant and never worry about the mess of icons again. Definitely the best way to play.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just spend 3 hours zooming over hills and knocking down fences in a Range Rover while trying to get your score combo over 1 million and never actually complete a race.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

American McGay posted:

Just spend 3 hours zooming over hills and knocking down fences in a Range Rover while trying to get your score combo over 1 million and never actually complete a race.

This is me except in the Jeep Trailcat

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Forza Horizon 3 is better than 4. Australia is a better setting and Hot Wheels is way better than legos

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

TheScott2K posted:

Forza Horizon 3 is better than 4. Australia is a better setting and Hot Wheels is way better than legos

Oh poo poo Australia? Yeah I might have to get in on that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

343 also screwed up the remasters with the graphics update. They took away the colorful palette of Halo 1 & 2, in favor of everything blending together and becoming difficult to see. Classic Halo 1 & 2 are way more pleasing on the eyes.

I got the MCC on Gamepass and I had to turn off the new graphics, they took WAY too much liberties with the design IMO.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:siren:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1179021574000660480

quote:

October 3
Dishonored 2 – Xbox One X Enhanced

October 10
World War Z – Xbox One X Enhanced
Yooka Laylee

October 17
Fallout: New Vegas – Backward Compatibility Title
Felix the Reaper – Day One Premiere
Panzer Dragoon Orta – Backward Compatibility Title

Speaking of excitement, one of our most-anticipated titles The Outer Worlds is coming to Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC on October 25. So mark your calendars!

quote:

Games leaving Game Pass (end of October):

observer_
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
Resident Evil 5
Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Play Panzer Dragoon Orta you fucks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Did Dishonored 2 fix the horrible input lag when it got 'X enhanced' or did they just dial back the dynamic resolution/crank AA and call it a day?

like it was pretty much unplayable on a regular bone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Laserface posted:

Did Dishonored 2 fix the horrible input lag when it got 'X enhanced' or did they just dial back the dynamic resolution/crank AA and call it a day?

like it was pretty much unplayable on a regular bone.

They never fixed it on PS4 pro anyway. I legit couldn't play it cos the input lag was so noticeable.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They never fixed it on PS4 pro anyway. I legit couldn't play it cos the input lag was so noticeable.

yeah im pretty sure I played my disc copy again when I first got my X thinking 'gently caress yeah, can finally enjoy this game now!' but no it was just graphically better at showing the half second delay on the inputs.

what I did play of 2 was not as good as any of 1 though, so I dont feel like it was a real loss besides actually paying money for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My brother played it on PC and it looked incredible. Definitely something I'd play if I had a gaming computer.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

poo poo, I need to get observer_ out of the way, thanks for posting.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

poo poo, I need to get observer_ out of the way, thanks for posting.

Yeah I'm planning on playing through that one too before it rotates out. Looks interesting.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Fanatic posted:

Yeah I'm planning on playing through that one too before it rotates out. Looks interesting.

Anything else like it floating around, in terms of gameplay or themes etc?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

SOMA

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Barudak posted:

I got an OG Xbox in like 2012 to play it because the European version 360 backwards compatibility is broken

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I played Dishonored 2 on a regular bone and loved it and didn’t notice input lag so sucks to be y’all I guess. Looked even prettier when I was testing out my boneX. Death of the Outsider is also very good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Death of the outsider is not great imo its mostly repeat levels from 2 and the new levels are highly linear gauntlets of enemies.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

The same developer made Layers of Fear and more recently Blair Witch which are also slow-burn horror games.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Fanatic posted:

The same developer made Layers of Fear and more recently Blair Witch which are also slow-burn horror games.

At one point in Blair Witch, playing at night with a few whiskeys onboard, I got so scared I smacked the headset off of me and turned the game off. It's buggy as hell and overall is so much wasted potential, but when it hits it hits hard.

I watched The Blair Witch Project last week as a result of this PTSD and didn't even get through all my whiskey. I had a similar experience with Alien: Isolation, pure nostalgia mixed with trauma and I'm pissing myself like a puppy.

I ran Layers of Fear months ago and turned it off within seconds as the framerate and controls sucked even on Xbox One X. Is it worth pushing past this?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dishonored 2 always had horrendous input lag on both consoles since launch.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
For anyone that signed up for the Halo Insider, the Insider build is out right now. You can play Reach in MCC, and it's freaking amazing! The testing for this flight is Xbox PvP.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I ran Layers of Fear months ago and turned it off within seconds as the framerate and controls sucked even on Xbox One X. Is it worth pushing past this?

I couldn't say. I got it free with Gold and it's been languishing in my backlog ever since. :v: Not too surprised it's rough around the edges though since I guess it was this developers first game.

QoP mentioned SOMA which looks good. It looks like it goes on sale every few months too.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Layers of Fear is middling at best.

Soma is excellent.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Is SOMA on sale on Xbox at times or is there somewhere else that sells it?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I think I got it for €10 on PS4 at some point

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

On Xbox it's been on sale in April, May and July this year already. Same with Amnesia: Collection (by the same developer and also survivor horror).

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Cheers, I'll check those out. Anyone actually played Layers of Fear?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Cheers, I'll check those out. Anyone actually played Layers of Fear?

I beat it. The framerate is rough even on an Xbonx. It's starts pretty strong but winds up kinda falling apart. I don't dislike it but there are better games out there. I'm blanking on horror games but Soma, Outlast 1, and Resident Evil 7 are all far better uses of your time for similar games. Evil Within and Alien Isolation if you want to drift slightly. Prey and Dead Space a bit more. Among the Sleep maybe?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Resi2 also. Loads of good horror games recently!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Thanks goons, I will make a note of all the suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I play Dishonoured before 2? Other than because its a good game, but is the story dependant on it?

And I was trying to figure out a spooky game to play, and I forgot I had Prey. Yea, that fits the bill real good.