Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does Kawhi stay?
This poll is closed.
He stay 95 32.20%
He leave 99 33.56%
ask Uncle Dennis 57 19.32%
burn down Toronto if he doesn't 44 14.92%
Total: 295 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Bard Maddox posted:

this is your 2020 MVP

played against a dude like that in rec league ball. smelled like pickles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Is that from their media day this year? Bc dang, I thought he was supposed to get more fit this offseason.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MelancholyMark posted:

Is that from their media day this year? Bc dang, I thought he was supposed to get more fit this offseason.

he did

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

this is your 2020 MVP

This is the ideal make body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wonder if he has weight incentives in his contract. I know him being a pudgy man who can't jump yet is still an mvp candidate is kinda his thing, and I know that those could just be bad pics but you at least don't want him to look any worse than last year and uh...he kinda does.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

This is the ideal make body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Kevin Love made a huge mistake with how he approached his training. Probably explains why despite being svelte he seems perpetually injured whereas Jokic is a perennial MVP candidate.

Oh no, Embiid lost 25 lbs this summer.

Re: Warriors playoff chances, I think the West's bloodbath will be decided by defense. Whether the Pels, Kings or some other up and coming team can overtake the Warriors will come down to whether their young guys can defend worth a lick. I feel like the Warriors will suffer some growing pains as a unit, but there's enough veteran presence and good coaching that will carry them to at least being one of the 8 best teams in the West.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

See other players are fools. They're adding muscle and losing weight while Jokic just added more Jokic

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

It's hilarious how he does this in Denver of all places

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Warriors will make the playoffs if steph plays the whole season though I hope they dont so the steph is a fraud narrative will grow even stronger

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The Warriors don't have a 3 on their roster. And not in a 'the Kings are going to have to play Harrison Barnes at the 3 even though he's a 4' kinda way, they literally don't have a rotation worthy player on their team who can remotely guard 3s. Their choices for starting small forward on opening night are Glenn Robinson III, Jacob Evens or Alfonzo McKinnie.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

He's so fat. I think I'm in love.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

tanglewood1420 posted:

The Warriors don't have a 3 on their roster. And not in a 'the Kings are going to have to play Harrison Barnes at the 3 even though he's a 4' kinda way, they literally don't have a rotation worthy player on their team who can remotely guard 3s. Their choices for starting small forward on opening night are Glenn Robinson III, Jacob Evens or Alfonzo McKinnie.

Barnes is a 3

Also worth noting, Willy Cauley-Stein has a foot issue and can’t put weight on it for October. He’s not great but he’s at least an NBA level player.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

League first chonky MVP, book it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jokic genuinely has the glazed eyes of an unhealthy man eating an unhealthy diet. Stop eating lime and black pepper goldfish

Jokic: Oh, of course. Come on. You have to. But the thing I miss the most is fish stew, with some pasta on the side. If you come to Serbia, you have to try it.

Lowe: That seems like something you should be allowed to eat.

Jokic: Yeah, but it is cooked in a different way there, I guess.

Lowe: Is it true you used to drink a gallon of Coca-Cola every day?

Jokic: Yeah. Maybe three liters or so. It was a lot.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

king

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741818-the-way-of-the-joker-nikola-jokic posted:

On off days, Jokic and his brothers might ride rental bikes to Washington Park, or play Mario Kart at the Dave & Buster's, or play tennis with the Nuggets' front-office executives. But Connelly and other team staffers occasionally play three-on-three with the older Jokic brothers, too, while Nikola watches from the sideline.

Nikola delights in every hard foul, including the time Strahinja—the "bully" (says Connelly) who is a "serial killer" on the court (says Nikola) but a jester in and out of House Jokic—upended Connelly in midair, sending him crashing to the floor.

"He literally couldn't stop laughing," Connelly says.

"Tim got knocked down five times," Nikola says later, delighting at the memory.

Immediately remembered this story from a puff piece I read about Jokic a while back, dude seems like a real piece of poo poo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jokic s brother is skinnier

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Very good of you to notice

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

zoux posted:

2000 Shaq was more toned but even young Shaq was pretty chonky.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

chuck won an mvp with zero muscle definition you heathens

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

NBA Star Giannis Antetokounmpo Settles $2 Million 'Greek Freak' Lawsuit
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nba-star-giannis-antetokounmpo-settles-142247021.html

Spacebump posted:

I'm still confused why people think the Warriors are a lock for the playoffs. Klay Thompson can't walk for a few months. Draymond generally comes into the season fat. They lost all their good role players and their big man depth will be even worse this year. Adding D'Angelo isn't a bad move but I don't think it solves their problems beyond a little extra scoring while Klay is out.

It's one of the more persistent biases that occurs both at the player and team level.

Great teams/players can ride a wave of greatness based on their past reputation longer than they deserve. Likewise, the bias goes the other way in that actual elite players/teams aren't respected as early as they should be.

Lockback posted:

Golden State is still going to make the playoffs guys. I know it's fashonable to hate on Steph but he's still really, really good.

zelah posted:

Anyone who believes that the Lakers will finish with a better record than the Portland Trail Blazers is invited to physically fight me on the steps of the Moda Center.

Kibner and I may be the only ones leaving both the Lakers and Warriors off the playoff list this year.

Five years ago I would've thought it craziness to do. But based upon hundreds of seemingly sensible (but incorrect) playoff projections I feel justified in doing it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Barkley kept all his muscle in his rear end.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zogo posted:

Kibner and I may be the only ones leaving both the Lakers and Warriors off the playoff list this year.

Five years ago I would've thought it craziness to do. But based upon hundreds of seemingly sensible (but incorrect) playoff projections I feel justified in doing it.

I did it out of pettiness and a hopefulness of seeing other teams in the playoffs, tbh.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Oldest, Youngest Players On NBA Rosters For 2019/20
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/10/oldest-youngest-players-on-nba-rosters-for-201920.html

Basketball-Reference Adds Quarterly/Half Boxes
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2019/10/basketball-reference-adds-quarterly-half-boxes/

Gregg Popovich blasts 'unprofessional' Marcus Morris departure that left Spurs 'blindsided'
https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-popovich-blast-unprofessional-marcus-morris-departure-that-left-spurs-blindsided-032132149.html

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Bard Maddox posted:

this is your 2020 MVP

His lack of muscle definition (read: none) leads me to believe he is the most naturally talented basketball player of all time.

The true GOAT.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

1990s Bulls preseason games were pretty big.

teagone posted:

He's only good for laughing at Chuck's jokes. Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICNDYT24yFM&t=15s

Owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqkDpVD15Q

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1178690055738671106

If that's the best they can muster...

Anyway, seems like this gives Cali schools an insane recruiting advantage, I'd imagine the other big time state schools will be lobbying their statehouses for the same. NCAA delenda est.

"It will cause confusion." :lol:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Warriors will make the playoffs if steph plays the whole season though I hope they dont so the steph is a fraud narrative will grow even stronger

Consider this my most powerful cosign

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

zoux posted:

Barkley won in 93 and Shaq in 2000 and both were probably already fatter than jokic their faces were just less goofy looking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Barkley was ripped in 93

Shaq def had a neck roll until Miami

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Barkley was ripped in 93

Shaq def had a neck roll until Miami

They didn’t call him the round mound of rebound for nothing but I’ll grant his weight fluctuated a lot and I don’t know if 93 was a pizza year

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I lived thro this ok I have a working knowledge of Barkley’s fluctuating weight

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

i hope steph plays the whole season, and the warriors miss the playoffs, because he is a fraud

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

DeimosRising posted:

They didn’t call him the round mound of rebound for nothing but I’ll grant his weight fluctuated a lot and I don’t know if 93 was a pizza year

He was in great shape in '93.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The key to Shaq's success was being incredibly broad. He was shaped like the Kingpin.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

i hope steph plays the whole season, and the warriors miss the playoffs, because he is a fraud

hell i agree

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What exactly would be the most hosed up thing to happen to the Warriors this season in terms of their legacy/narrative? I'd say Steph getting injured early on and them making a deep playoff run on the backs of Draymond and DLo somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kd and the nets and Klay and Kings facing off in the 2021 finals