Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ytlaya posted:

I thought that Koga already knew Gaoh had killed dudes and didn't seem to think much about killing.

Koga's pretty much the only person in the series to NOT pick up on Gaoh's bloodlust IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestonJew posted:

Koga's pretty much the only person in the series to NOT pick up on Gaoh's bloodlust IIRC

Koga is the sweetest good boy in the series.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Magissima posted:

Am I the only one who finds the centipede/impersonation/Niko plot to be confusing and boring so far? It feels like we keep getting more questions piled on but not many reasons to care.

I grew up with wuxia so I like TRUE SUCCESSOR stories. There can only be one Niko style!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Koga knew Gaoh was shady, but he didn't know that he was a cold blooded killer that treated human life as basically worthless and was only really kept in check by societal expectations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah Koga knew that Gaoh had a super intense mean side based on watching him fight, but there's a big gap between that and "murdering a guy in cold blood in an alleyway in so one-sided a way that you don't even get dirty in the process and being completely unaffected by it".

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
YOOO

https://twitter.com/ta6464/status/1177078779870470144?s=19

YOOOO

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
yeah rip

https://mangadex.org/chapter/722148/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat a kick to the liver sounds painful

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Plutonis posted:

drat a kick to the liver sounds painful

And it looked very pointy as well.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's cool that the perspective makes it so you might not even notice it the first time you read the panel

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

pnumoman posted:

And it looked very pointy as well.

He combined the cool moves he had seen before into a devastating kick.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

"He's huge. Somewhere around two meters, I'd say."

man i always get hosed when the actual height of characters in manga is brought up, because i always subconciously add like 5-6 inches to them.

here's a mountain of a man, who needs to duck under under door frames. he's around 6' 4-6"

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 3, 2019

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Roobanguy posted:

man i always get hosed when the actual height of characters in manga is brought up, because i always subconciously add like 5-6 inches to them.

here's a mountain of a man, who needs to duck under under door frames. he's around 6' 4-6"

4 inches or so is roughly the difference in average heights between Japan and the US, so...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

6' 6-7'' plus. I am 5'10'' and if I was 8 inches higher I'd be brushing against door frames at my work. Around 2 meters can be over as well as under. So he could be around 2 meters but a little taller at which point yeah you need to duck a little for doorframes. In addition the average height of a doorframe is 6' 8'' and when a person walks they bob a little, so It seems logically he'd need to duck a bit to fit In a common door.

Maybe Japan has lower door frames? :shrug:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Sindai posted:

It's cool that the perspective makes it so you might not even notice it the first time you read the panel

I absolutely didnt notice it first time, really clever framing.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah its a nice trick, puts you in the same spot as the peanut gallery.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

this looks familiar....

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Remember when we all first read this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1182128620363341825?s=20

Sigh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
next few chapters should be good

https://mangadex.org/chapter/725620/1

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
gently caress yes

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Oh gently caress yes! I love hating that fucker.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
time for justice

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

time for justice
:unsmigghh:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One thing I'm really enjoying about Omega is how, as Koga is starting from the bottom, we get a feel for how truly strong the cast of Asura were. Ouma pretty much started in the upper tier of Kengan fighters, and then grew stronger (or rather, regained his original strength) as he went up against the best of the best.

Meanwhile, the new dude gave Koga a ton of trouble, but he's literally bottom-tier with only one victory over someone who never won.

Komada got trashed by Ouma, but even he was 4-0 in official Kengan fights. Small wonder Hatsumi thought it would be okay to just leave the remaining Kengan fights to Komada. A buncha other named characters got bodied during the free-for-all in the boat, but they were all pretty powerful dudes, it was just that the dudes who made it out were otherworldly strong.

I'm also excited for Ryuki vs Killer Cop because this is the first time we'll get a good measure for Ryuki's strength in relation to the original Asura cast. Cosmo might have won in his fight against Killer Cop, but he came off far, far worse than the dude. Dude's a monster, both morally and physically.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

One thing I'm really enjoying about Omega is how, as Koga is starting from the bottom, we get a feel for how truly strong the cast of Asura were. Ouma pretty much started in the upper tier of Kengan fighters, and then grew stronger (or rather, regained his original strength) as he went up against the best of the best.

Meanwhile, the new dude gave Koga a ton of trouble, but he's literally bottom-tier with only one victory over someone who never won.

Komada got trashed by Ouma, but even he was 4-0 in official Kengan fights. Small wonder Hatsumi thought it would be okay to just leave the remaining Kengan fights to Komada. A buncha other named characters got bodied during the free-for-all in the boat, but they were all pretty powerful dudes, it was just that the dudes who made it out were otherworldly strong.

I'm also excited for Ryuki vs Killer Cop because this is the first time we'll get a good measure for Ryuki's strength in relation to the original Asura cast. Cosmo might have won in his fight against Killer Cop, but he came off far, far worse than the dude. Dude's a monster, both morally and physically.

Like even the overweight dude who uses tricks would probably manhandle Koga as he is now.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

AtomikKrab posted:

Like even the overweight dude who uses tricks would probably manhandle Koga as he is now.

Kaburagi would gently caress up Koga for life

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The most important takeaway from this is that Rihito is actually very powerful and skilled.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The most important takeaway from this is that Rihito is actually very powerful and skilled.

He is, I mean he successfully operated his own business, hired employees and got contracts after Nogi yeeted it onto him. Also isn't he the one out of the dumbass crew to have higher education?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Rihito's only losses were either to martial arts masters like Ohma and Kuroki Gensai or monsters like Raian, dude's strong and I 100% expect him to take part in the tournament in Kuroki's place.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Akoya isn't even remotely shaped like a person. I love it. Also, I want to see what Adam is capable of now already.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This will also be 'regular' Akoya i assume since we havent seen Internal Clock Girl

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

CharlestonJew posted:

Rihito's only losses were either to martial arts masters like Ohma and Kuroki Gensai or monsters like Raian, dude's strong and I 100% expect him to take part in the tournament in Kuroki's place.

In Kuroki's behind the scenes page they mentioned him originally being planned to forfeit the first round and mentor Rihitio through the tournament, wouldn't surprise me if they used that bit in this tournament.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 13, 2019

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/729304

Only shorts today.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Gaolang and the old fisherman are the best bros.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Those were all good.

I approve heavily, we need more adventures of fishing grandpa and Gaolong.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"Mechanical watch: A watch powered by a spring. It's activated by turning the crown."

... I am so old.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Good bonus chapter but I'm really itching to see Akoya in action again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I want more Julius, Agito, and Akoya standup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so glad they haven't stopped reinforcing Nikaido Ren's terrible sense of fashion.