Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I hate when I'm out of quests/exp for the day and I have so many rares I want. I don't want to play with half finished decks. I want to use the awesome wishboard I have for my temur fires deck but I'm not spending any more money on this set. I guess I'm just done for the day until I finish more decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Moose posted:

There super needs to be "are you sure you want to cast this x spell for 0?" prompt

There is?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Eej posted:

By definition Jeskai Superfriends with Fae of Wishes is well positioned for BO1 cause you have a sideboard and no one else does except for sickos playing Karn

I've been meaning to find this out. So, to make sure I'm clear on this: grabbing a card from outside of the game isn't your whole collection, it's just Sideboard cards?

beedub posted:

If anyone has built this, can they toss a deckcode in here? Importing from a blurry jpeg is....bad

I'll do it later if not

Same. I cant make out some of the names and don't remember the art-to-name connection for some of them.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

zoux posted:

There is?

not with fires in play. If you choose to cast it the normal way for 0, there might be, but if you choose to cast it with the fires discount, it goes right into play

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

beedub posted:

If anyone has built this, can they toss a deckcode in here? Importing from a blurry jpeg is....bad

I'll do it later if not

I am bored at work so here you go.

4 Deafening Clarion (GRN) 165
3 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Prison Realm (WAR) 26
4 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
2 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
2 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
4 Interplanar Beacon (WAR) 247
2 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
3 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Temple of Triumph (M20) 257
1 Plains (ANA) 56
2 Island (ANA) 57
2 Mountain (ANA) 59
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
4 Fires of Invention (ELD) 125
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

1 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 Ethereal Absolution (RNA) 170
1 The Elderspell (WAR) 89
1 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
2 Dovin's Veto (WAR) 193
1 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228
1 Disenchant (M20) 14
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
1 Garruk, Cursed Huntsman (ELD) 191
2 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Moose posted:

not with fires in play. If you choose to cast it the normal way for 0, there might be, but if you choose to cast it with the fires discount, it goes right into play

I'll watch out for that

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And here is that other Fires deck.

1 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
2 Circuitous Route (GRN) 125
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
1 Golgari Guildgate (GRN) 248
1 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
1 Azorius Guildgate (RNA) 243
1 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
1 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
1 Plaza of Harmony (RNA) 254
1 Rakdos Guildgate (RNA) 255
1 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
4 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
3 Agent of Treachery (M20) 43
2 Legion's End (M20) 106
4 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim (M20) 226
1 Bloodfell Caves (M20) 242
4 Field of the Dead (M20) 247
1 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
1 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Temple of Silence (M20) 256
1 Island (ANA) 57
1 Swamp (ANA) 58
1 Mountain (ANA) 59
2 Forest (ANA) 60
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
3 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
2 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
3 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

1 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
3 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
3 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
2 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
1 Legion's End (M20) 106

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Reality Sinner posted:

Fires is fires of yavimaya. This news fires is not Fires.

stuff it old man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AndrewCuneo/status/1179487569656057856

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

loving :laffo: never change Cuneo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Wow!!!!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw the blurry crop of the manabase in that tweet and hoped it was legit

beedub
Jul 21, 2003

Bugsy posted:

I am bored at work so here you go.

4 Deafening Clarion (GRN) 165
3 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
3 Prison Realm (WAR) 26
4 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
2 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
2 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
4 Interplanar Beacon (WAR) 247
2 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
3 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Temple of Triumph (M20) 257
1 Plains (ANA) 56
2 Island (ANA) 57
2 Mountain (ANA) 59
4 Fae of Wishes (ELD) 44
4 Bonecrusher Giant (ELD) 115
1 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

1 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212
1 The Elderspell (WAR) 89
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
2 Dovin's Veto (WAR) 193
1 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
1 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Ashiok, Dream Render (WAR) 228
1 Disenchant (M20) 14
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
2 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58

Thank you, thank you!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I know how this deck works, but like as a test, how does this deck work?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's like a mass manipulation deck, but you don't have any ramp and you can't take planeswalkers and you have to pay 10 mana per thing you steal.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

No Wave posted:

It's like a mass manipulation deck, but you don't have any ramp and you can't take planeswalkers and you have to pay 10 mana per thing you steal.

But your mana can attack!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wacky Delly posted:

I know how this deck works, but like as a test, how does this deck work?

It just works!

https://twitter.com/AndrewCuneo/status/1128757166674980864

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Play of the century.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:laffo:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

So, after playing a ton of games with this deck, here's my mostly final list for mono G stompy.

4 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
3 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
3 Yorvo, Lord of Garenbrig (ELD) 185
2 Thrashing Brontodon (RIX) 148
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
4 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
4 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
2 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
3 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
23 Forest (XLN) 276

I went from gold 4 to diamond 4 last season, and gold 3 to platinum 1 this season so far with it, so a fairly decent number games, all BO1. It plays pretty well against the field. Your worst match ups are other henge decks, since they're just as beefy as you, but more tilted towards the midgame. Esper Dance is very good on the play and very bad on the draw. Everything else you're generally positive against, though not amazingly so. It's pretty good against simic flash and mono red. Tends to wreck fires decks pretty hard. If they stabilize, one hasty threat is probably enough to finish them off, which is generally true for a lot of decks looking to generate recurring value like cats or adventures. You're dropping so much beef every turn, that their value engines tend not to matter a whole lot. The myriad of decks looking to goose into Oko are a marginally bad match up on the draw, and a pretty decent match up on the play.

Kraul harpooner is very good in BO1 right now, shooting down geese, sailors, phoenixes, and whatever other nonsense fliers happen to be annoying in addition to randomly giving you a GG great henge.

Lovestruck Beast is super awkward, but I've slotted in a ton of different stuff, and can't find a better option. The very unimpressive case of 1 mana 1/1 and 3 mana 5/5 defender add up to more than the sum of their parts. Their versatility is extremely valuable, and occasionally they beat face. That 5/5 that can't attack may look super bad from your side of the board, but your opponent has to consider that you might drop a 1/1 into play at anytime.

The deck was running growth chamber guardian, but paradise druid allows for much more aggressive play, in place of the card advantage of guardian, and that's generally where you want to be in most marchups.

edit: oh yeah golos decks, pretty good? Their lack of early interaction plus a pretty aggressive load out with questing beast being a reckoning means you're generally favored on both the play and the draw.

Gareth Gobulcoque fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 3, 2019

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
So I got my first 6-0 in trad draft with a mill deck that I didn't even think was any good. Turns out that a decently strong play is just ignoring whatever dumb poo poo your opponent is trying to do (outside of tossing out So Tinys here and there) while you play Clover into a Secretkeeper or two, then, after they've managed to batter down your 0/4 walls, using Forever Young to do it some more.

I even played against two people with Midnight Clock and actually milled one guy out again after a successful Clock trigger.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jon Do posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-seBVSV2mjk

if i had dece gruul cardbase id love this lol

i built this deck -4 cards and :piss: this thing is rude as gently caress and you draw a loving million cards and murder people so quickly

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That looks really good, I was wondering if "Gruul Feather" was possible.

On the other hand eventually people gonna nuke enchantments and edgewall in this format I think.

Also Rimrock Knight is really good.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

The thing about robber of the rich against stompy is most the time it's real bad, but occasionally they go robber, hit great henge, rotting register and yep gg's.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hot take: Oko is garbage. maybe a sideboard card.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I literally haven't seen a deck this week without oko in it that wasn't RDW so maybe that take is too hot.

I'm playing izzet Phoenix and winning tho so maybe ur right.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
That Gruul Season deck is pretty fun. I don't have all the rares it asks for but I was able to sub in a pair of Rampart Smashers and Lucky Clovers to further abuse the adventure triggers.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Help my opponent blew up then I got stuck.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

So, after playing a ton of games with this deck, here's my mostly final list for mono G stompy.

What's your sideboard with Viv?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Funkdreamer posted:

Remember when fetchlands entered standard and we had "Black Jeskai"

It's called Moist Mardu

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bugsy posted:

Help my opponent blew up then I got stuck.

This has happened to me before.

I just ALT-F4'd and when I came back I had been credited with the win.

Godspeed, goon.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Am I going to have to play Simic Flash just to analyze it's weaknesses?

What an annoying deck.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Human Crouton posted:

Am I going to have to play Simic Flash just to analyze it's weaknesses?

What an annoying deck.

The best advice I heard was to try to make them cast counters when they could be playing actual threats. So like don't bother to stick a spell on turn 3 when they're just going to cast some lovely dude, go for it when they could be playing Ambusher instead.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Playing Orzhov lifegain against Unlucky Fried Kitten is funny. I scale faster and harder then you, keep durdling around with cats, I don't give a poo poo. They blew themselves up on a Cruel Celebrant trigger.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Also their true weakness is going 2nd or Shifting Ceratops. its a deck that is pretty much made for Bo1 because once people start siding in Mystic Denial and Veil of Summer and Ceratops, they have a real rough time of it, especially since if they won before, they now have to go 2nd.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The best advice I heard was to try to make them cast counters when they could be playing actual threats. So like don't bother to stick a spell on turn 3 when they're just going to cast some lovely dude, go for it when they could be playing Ambusher instead.

This is really it. When I have no board presence but double ambusher in hand and I have to spend my mana countering things like 3feri it can put me in a really bad spot

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Of course, that's when Frilled Mystic can be so backbreaking - it counters the thing you're playing on their ambusher turn, but also gives them a body on the board!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lukewarm take: Oko is really good but is strongly dependent on establishing control of the board state early so you can spam 3/3s from your food and Elkify threats as needed

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm starting to see Goose/Oko/Wolf/Once Upon a time as a 16 card card package just because they are all so strong together and Oko is dramatically weaker without them. When you throw in paradise druids (obligatory) and 4x krasis (obligatory) jeez not much room left.

Goose into Oko is close to a free win a lot of the time, which is what will keep the card competitive.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

flatluigi posted:

What's your sideboard with Viv?

The only two I've ever fetched are Rhonas and End-Raze Forerunners, but there's also another brontodon (though the new steelbane hydra is probably better here), a voracious hydra, and some other stuff that will never get fetched ever.