Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

How was the Steve Aoki episode?

I’ve only listened to a portion of it but it’s fun so far. They talk about how his cake thing started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhx7_7mItIw

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
Live fight companion today, it was...ok. Nobody got sloppy drunk

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

it felt like I lasted way longer on the dan aykroyd episode, but looking at it now I only made it through 5 minutes of hearing an old man shill some vodka (which I presume to be mediocre? never tried it and likely won't)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

redlettermedia drinks it on their half in the bag about lady ghostbusters and say it's good.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone listen to the NDT episode? I usually love his appearances on the show but this one joe seemed really argumentative and not into the conversation.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

hot sauce posted:

Did anyone listen to the NDT episode? I usually love his appearances on the show but this one joe seemed really argumentative and not into the conversation.

Yeah, people seem one sided with it. Either Joe wasn't into it so he made it bad, or it was NDT continually cutting off Joe and not letting him speak so it was NDT who made it bad

Gotta be honest, I'd rate it worst out of the 3 NDT podcasts easily

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Yeah, people seem one sided with it. Either Joe wasn't into it so he made it bad, or it was NDT continually cutting off Joe and not letting him speak so it was NDT who made it bad

Gotta be honest, I'd rate it worst out of the 3 NDT podcasts easily

I did think NDT cut joe off a bunch too. Usually Im down with NDT’s random facts and stories but this ep they mostly seemed like strange, drawn out interruptions. The whole 3 hours had an awkward vibe

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm so tired of Dr. Tyson. He has so many opportunities to talk about real, exciting science but all anyone wants to do is have him explain rudimentary concepts.

That said, I did like his takedown of 'the Nikola Tesla fan club'. Few things are worse in pop science than Tesla stans.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's NDT, he cuts off literally everyone when he's deep into explaining things. It's just how he is and he does this a lot on his own podcasts. I notice he will often stop someone's follow up question to go into further detail when he doesn't think he's verbalized something succinctly enough or someshit. Which is fine mostly, I mean he's usually the guest or the main talker of whatever he's on so it's him you want to hear talk.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Groovelord Neato posted:

redlettermedia drinks it on their half in the bag about lady ghostbusters and say it's good.

Its good compared to 15 dollar vodka but its a loving joke for being 50 bucks for a neat bottle. Def made for the 21 year old guy crowd to have a cool bottle for the mantle.

AndyElusive posted:

It's NDT, he cuts off literally everyone when he's deep into explaining things. It's just how he is and he does this a lot on his own podcasts. I notice he will often stop someone's follow up question to go into further detail when he doesn't think he's verbalized something succinctly enough or someshit. Which is fine mostly, I mean he's usually the guest or the main talker of whatever he's on so it's him you want to hear talk.

Isn't NDT on the spectrum? He had some real go nowhere stories on this one.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Being a lovely conservationist doesn't make you an aspie.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

piratepilates posted:

it felt like I lasted way longer on the dan aykroyd episode, but looking at it now I only made it through 5 minutes of hearing an old man shill some vodka (which I presume to be mediocre? never tried it and likely won't)

Dan Aykroyd did a pretty awesome episode of last podcast on the left where he got into some alien poo poo

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The Rob Zombie ep was excellent

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

-Atom- posted:

The Rob Zombie ep was excellent
I take it he has no regrets about the lovely Halloween reboots he did?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I thought Dan Aykroyd was pretty interesting at first but by the time he started talking about when a ghost got in bed with him I had to give up and wish I had given up way earlier.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grouchio posted:

I take it he has no regrets about the lovely Halloween reboots he did?

He does. Very much.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

I thought Dan Aykroyd was pretty interesting at first but by the time he started talking about when a ghost got in bed with him I had to give up and wish I had given up way earlier.

I thought he was being silly to be funny, but... :chloe:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Aykroyd has always been a loon

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

lol if you haven't been just so tired that you snuggle a ghost who decides to get into your bed after a long night.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Did Aykroyd's encounter with a ghost in his bed come before or after he wrote that exact scene into GHOSTBUSTERS?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

imagining redban saying andrew gang bang yang

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Pryor on Fire posted:

Bustin makes him feel good.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I only know LPOTL's interview with Aykroyd, but I was surprised to find out he's serious about most of this stuff. I think?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxXufI6-OIE&list=PLSkJGEfvqUrv8Hl7MSQfK74pr-XHHsJ2m

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I WOULD MURDER ARI

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've really started to realize how much of a garbage person Ari is and I would have literally beat him to a pulp. Also Joe is kinda a bitch for not being harder on him. Tom is a good friend.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Did you guys/has any listened to the Ari only episode? Or was it the sober october one?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Lampsacus posted:

Did you guys/has any listened to the Ari only episode? Or was it the sober october one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKZ2PKQ21UM

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Roseanne is back again

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Ari's lack of remorse is disgusting, Bert is visibly angry and seems to be trying hard not to blow this out for the sake of the show, but the way Ari thought it was fine was atrocious. Tom's questions to Ari were good, and his outrageous reaction is well deserved.

Ari is lucky he is still breathing for spiking a man in front of his kids.

Also, really happy to see Bert get healthier, the way he shares his experiences with his unique brand of excitement is really great.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ari is a massive piece of poo poo. Every story we hear about him makes him worse.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Joe Rogan is almost as bad because he doesn't even realize or is brave enough to admit that Ari did something truly terrible.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

vincentpricesboner posted:

Joe Rogan is almost as bad because he doesn't even realize or is brave enough to admit that Ari did something truly terrible.
I haven't listened to a full episode after the Bernie one, but I'm thinking that Tom was the one that sorta kept it together the best. Bert was totally completely justified in being as mad as he was, though.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Joe surrounds himself with some weird people. Ari is a piece of poo poo. Bryan Callen is a bad hack at everything he does. Joe has top level MMA people asking to be on the show but instead of making any of them a regular we get Brendan Schaub. Maybe cannabis is bad for your decision making after all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Coco is a loving weirdo but also seems like probably the most-zen of his immediate social circle.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I think Joe will always identify with the weirdo jocks. The kids who would spend their lunchtimes wrestling on the concrete.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

snickothemule posted:

Ari's lack of remorse is disgusting,

I thought he was exaggerating this for the show until Bert said his wife was furious and Ari goes “at me!?! Why!?”

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Haven't gotten to the Sober October ep yet and I fully plan to skip the solo Ari ep, but the Sturgill Simpson one was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Joe probably didn't want to upset Ari, but Ari totally deserved it.

He literally said that he's partially to blame because he's "forcing" Ari to do sober October.