Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You know what else is bullshit?!? Meditation! It's just sitting on your rear end and staring at nothing, anyone can do it!
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And orgasms! Ahegao faces are just putting a social spotlight on the absurdism that is the sexual process. Who even has those? Not I, said the cat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Y'all getting mad about hypnosis getting called bs lmao

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The problem is dumb people thinking that it's literally mind control likely pictured in your favorite media while in reality it's just cooperative exercise of sorts.

I dutifully await "martial arts is bullshit because I can't spirit bomb like Goku" thread.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

The problem is dumb people thinking that it's literally mind control likely pictured in your favorite media while in reality it's just cooperative exercise of sorts.

I dutifully await "martial arts is bullshit because I can't spirit bomb like Goku" thread.

I love all the euphamisms in this thread for 'the participants are playing along' stated like its trying to prove the opposite point. this is like the fifth one.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Annihilation

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I've never been hypnotized or at least that's what the nice man with a watch told me, but it sounds a lot like assisted meditation if the participant essentially allows his mind to slip into an altered state.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

You know there are "martial artists" who claim that sort of bullshit? https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-violently-debunked-martial-arts-myths/

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm getting my science straight from David Blaine so I know what's bullshit and what isn't.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

You know there are "martial artists" who claim that sort of bullshit? https://www.cracked.com/blog/5-violently-debunked-martial-arts-myths/

Lol, cracked.

Yeah man the world is full of scams, so what?

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've never been hypnotized or at least that's what the nice man with a watch told me, but it sounds a lot like assisted meditation if the participant essentially allows his mind to slip into an altered state.

Don't you know, altered states are woo woo bullshit. I am an inviolable and unchanging locus of consciousness, awareness, and reason situated behind somewhere behind the eyes and so are all of you. Anyone who says differently is a stupid liar.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Lol, cracked.

Yeah man the world is full of scams, so what?

Great, we're all on the same page. Hypnotism is a scam.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

of course astrology can't predict your exact future but it's a useful tool for determining personality types and likely outcomes

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I went to a hypnosis show in middle school with my parents and was pulled up on stage. I had no preconceived notions of what hypnosis was so I just kind of zoned out for a bit, I didn't start acting like a chicken or whatever he wanted me to do. Meanwhile the guy next to me was doing a high kicking dance.

I guess I told my parents I felt really relaxed but that was it. Everything I've read and seen yet confirms that - you're basically in the same mental state you are when you're really engrossed in something, but some people are willing to play along or think they're supposed to act like that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Let us English posted:

Don't you know, altered states are woo woo bullshit. I am an inviolable and unchanging locus of consciousness, awareness, and reason situated behind somewhere behind the eyes and so are all of you. Anyone who says differently is a stupid liar.

Exactly :cheeky:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Great, we're all on the same page. Hypnotism is a scam.

Martial arts can't make me Goku, they are a scam.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't think you have.

I'm really sorry that I had to be the one to tell you you can't actually hypnotize girls.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think hypnotism is very stupid and no one can convince or hypnotize me to believe otherwise.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I think hypnotism is very stupid and no one can convince or hypnotize me to believe otherwise.

in your current state you believe that but if I ALTER IT with the power of mentalism you could... play along. which is actually hypnotism

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you think about it paying for a prostitute is quintessential hypnosis because you are convincing someone receptive to do what you suggest to them.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

in your current state you believe that but if I ALTER IT with the power of mentalism you could... play along. which is actually hypnotism

Mentally, I don't trust like that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That man reading a rousing speech at a podium and everyone clapping? Absolute scam, anyone in grade school could read a bunch of words :agesilaus:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

That man reading a rousing speech at a podium and everyone clapping? Absolute scam, anyone in grade school could read a bunch of words :agesilaus:

lmao are you straw manning hypnosis skepticism to mean a complete disbelief in all human communication? loving well done my man

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

If your just saying hypnosis is manipulation then just say manipulation. Why use an obviously loaded term to obfuscate?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lmao are you straw manning hypnosis skepticism to mean a complete disbelief in all human communication? loving well done my man

Nah dawg I'm just hypnotizing you to post bad. It looks like you're already receptive!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

Nah dawg I'm just hypnotizing you to post bad. It looks like you're already receptive!

You will be receptive to my piss soon!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Pickwick High posted:

Derren Brown who poopoos

lol

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Maybe i have ADHD or something but hypnosis scenes in TV and films annoy me. Because I know the next few minutes are gonna be the "you are feeeliiing veeeryy relaaaxed" rigamarole followed by the subject talking about their memories slooooowly. Like it's just wasting everyone's time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I want to eat Mexican and my wife wants burgers, and I convince her to get Mexican, did I just hypnotize my wife? I want to know if I'm a master-hypnotist, since apparently changing minds in any way, shape, or form is hypnosis.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Look into my dilz. Watch as it swings from side to side. Look deeply into my balls also as they swing in the opposite direction like a Newton's cradle.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

If I want to eat Mexican and my wife wants burgers, and I convince her to get Mexican, did I just hypnotize my wife? I want to know if I'm a master-hypnotist, since apparently changing minds in any way, shape, or form is hypnosis.

Non-consenual attempts to convince people of anything is actually hypno-rape.
You literally mind raped your wife into burrito night.
I am sobbing right now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mooey Cow posted:

Look into my dilz. Watch as it swings from side to side. Look deeply into my balls also as they swing in the opposite direction like a Newton's cradle.

Hypnotized by your dad-like cock shape.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Anyone who can be hypnotized should be pied pipered to their fate.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
guess what? you're all hypnotized now. checkmate :smuggo:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Captain Splendid posted:

My sister once did a thing where I closed my eyes and she clapped either side of my head for like 10 minutes and then said she was tying a rope to my wrists and that the other end was tied to the back of a truck and then she said the truck was driving away and my arms went up automatically.

I was about 8

Your sister was beating the poo poo out of your head for ten minutes that was the loving fencing response dude.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

food court bailiff posted:

once when the heat was on for my improbably thematic crime spree, i hypnotized a bunch of scientists to spout nonsense like "hypnotism is just a stage act" and "you can't be hypnotized if you don't want to" which like, lol, can't believe how well that worked

:discourse:

Like a fine wine amid a shelf of cooking cherry.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Who hypnotized all these people into thinking hypnotism is fake.

Don't you remember that episode of family matters where they hypnotized urkel

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Let us English posted:

I really want to get people who say stuff like this to smoke a nice fat bowl of salvia extract. Just take a massive rip of some 100x. Derealization + delirium and rigid philosophies mix like fluorine and magnesium :science:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She hypmatized me with h’er buttcheeks, now I’m addicted to crack. :yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

She hypmatized me with h’er buttcheeks, now I’m addicted to crack. :yosbutt:

Pics plZ