Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Once I have gear I will def go on the suicide misson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Eager to snipe the gently caress outta some aliens and/or die trying.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll volunteer for the mission!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Salty Affair posted:

I don't know if you can send me on the suicide mission as a Biologist but if you can, please do

I can but need to mod the save to do it. Probably will if we don't get a bunch of death wishers.

hydroceramics posted:

Did I miss the results of my brain roidening?

uuuh, no. Basic plan is to get all the goons recruited, cheat in the living space if we have to, and crunch the save changes at the same time in one shot if there are any. Prob will do it a little later

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Send me in coach im ready (for death)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Have I gone on a mission yet? I'd like my first run to not be a suicide run.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

CannonFodder posted:

Have I gone on a mission yet? I'd like my first run to not be a suicide run.

Dat fukn username, my man

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Honky Dong Country posted:

That perfect mix of invulnerable and expendable that makes the perfect henchman.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I didn't forget but i'm dreading shoehorning all these goons into the game. Better just rip the bandaid off. Later.

It'll be worth it when we're forced to send 36 rookies onto the final mission because everyone gets shot down every time we go to the alien dimension

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Honky Dong Country posted:

I want to die in glorious battle, not shot out of the sky

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

CannonFodder posted:

I want to die in glorious battle, not shot out of the sky

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

If there's another free Biotransport the only way I'm dying is getting shot out of the sky with sixteen rookies behind me screaming all the way to their horrible demise

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I didn't forget but i'm dreading shoehorning all these goons into the game. Better just rip the bandaid off. Later.

It'll be worth it when we're forced to send 36 rookies onto the final mission because everyone gets shot down every time we go to the alien dimension

Just send me.

I have been insane this whole LP and transitioned from irresponsible psuedo-biologist to extremely drugged out super sniper.

I'll not only murder everything in sight but bring back the best spare parts and gibblets for a lifetime of irresponsible bioengineering.

I got this poo poo. :doit:

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

My apoc game was getting a bit stagnant so I decided to mix it up with some XCOM 2 (y'know the new one.) I beat the first one and this one seems rather more difficult on the same setting, do I just suck now? I just ran into my first few sectopods and first gatekeeper and things did not go overly well.

Also, it's been a while. Could you visually customize your agents to this hilarious degree in XCOM 1?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Erisian Automata posted:

My apoc game was getting a bit stagnant so I decided to mix it up with some XCOM 2 (y'know the new one.) I beat the first one and this one seems rather more difficult on the same setting, do I just suck now? I just ran into my first few sectopods and first gatekeeper and things did not go overly well.

Also, it's been a while. Could you visually customize your agents to this hilarious degree in XCOM 1?

One as in the one that was on PS3/360?

Yeah there were far less options when it comes to both the face and individual body parts.

In enemy unknown you could choose face, hair, beard, and one of like two gear style presets. And there were helmet options. But no tats, scars, specific body part gear styles, etc.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 4, 2019

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Also I will personally thunderdome and murder any other agent for my rightful place on the death mission.

Come at me fuckers I already ate bugs for gbs this year :unsmigghh:

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I really miss this thread. I long for my dimension-traveling ashes to be strewn about the alien hellscape.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

I'd assumed sniper got hit by a bus or something, in an act of cosmic username irony. It's been long enough I've beat XCOM 2 and am almost done with the expansion now. Sniper come back :/

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Planning on muscling thru multiple missions but the prep is going to be insanely annoying and I have to work myself up to it

Gonna take a chunk of time

this time were going the distance goddamn it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Sorry for this hiatus, i'm not given up on the thread but I gotta lotta poo poo going on that's keeping me from blocking out the chunk of time I need. Still gonna do this thing but dunno exactly when

in the meantime please consider:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GA95LsOSq8

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Let’s prep the transporters and get this back on track!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I got a thing I gotta get shipped first, but trust me, the aliens will be destroyed

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I got a thing I gotta get shipped first, but trust me, the aliens will be destroyed

How much of part 2 is dependent on part 1?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
all of it, tbh

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Fix you're goddamn gaping roof hole

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

I finally got a letter from the health care insurance people asking exactly how I blew myself up. I remember posting about that in this thread, over three months ago.

What I'm saying is that american insurance companies move faster than snipers roof-hole-fixing. I'm not mad, we're going to be very happy to see where this goes.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still hoping for an update! I was really enjoying this.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's coming, seriously

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
I'm dying to die in a fiery crash. Put me in and send me on a suicide mission to kill the plants. My goal is to die like an idiot while blowing poo poo up and wreaking havoc.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fujyno/status/1238155063283142656

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

extremely same.

Now that trumpbux are starting to kick in I really need to finish this motherfucker off

there was a huge group of goons who signed on right as I was like "JFC how am I gonna make spots for these dweebs?" So I have come to the conclusion that i'm gonna disregard all those posts and see who gives a gently caress or not and we'll go from there. In the next couple days the thread will restart.

There are maybe 8 more Serious Alien Dimension missions coming up. The way we have our org set up every single one is a suicide mission and it's likely the heroes of earth will be blasted into poo poo every time we try to make a jump towards the endgame. I dunno how many total missions may be left but we will need stalwart goons to throw their bods into the alien meatgrinder if the earth will be secured. Post your signups or bullshit because the thread restarts tomorrow.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hells yeah
Dork McSpork reporting

The Dirtiest Harry
May 31, 2011

"Now you know why they call me Dirty Harry: every dirty job that comes along."
Sign me up. Do I use my forums name or can I pick a cool soldier name? If so, I want to be known as Fuckbastard McCoy.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I don't even remember if I'm alive, but if so, please repair that grievous state of affairs with a good ol' fashioned suicide mission.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Post your signups or bullshit because the thread restarts tomorrow.
Suuuuuuuure.

I better still be alive.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dweeb reporting for duty.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Add my name to the future corpse pile please!

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Welp, biologists sure aren’t being kept busy by the US government right now, so you can blast me into space (provided, of course, that equipping me with anything deadlier than a pocket protector no longer breaks the game by duplicating the stashes of my fellow walking corpses.)

Here’s hoping I duplicate this guy’s success in terms of statistical unlikelihood (while improving on frequency.)

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I was just assuming that a bio transport crammed with every soldier was shot down in the alien dimension. It spun in. There were no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Oh I'm so ready to beep boop through some skulls